It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Puts 'America First' On Hold To Save Chinese Jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The army that was using them in the field surely bought them at a company or personal level.

It is really pitiful how we treat the ground troops in the field. The military will spend billions on a single plane tens of thousands or even millions on a single rocket, a while basic cheap equipment is lacking for the field soldier. when I was in I bought walkie talkies for my platoon out of pocket. We never said anything sensitive over them because they wernt secured lines, but they made a huge difference a lot of times. Seems that type of thing is too much to ask for from uncle sam.

I am pretty sure the same went for the drones. Soldiers would go out of pocket buying off the shelf to improve their survivability because higher-ups didn't have enough brains or budget to appropriate a military approved equivalent for the grunts.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Nonetheless, Democrats took Trump to task over the issue. "How about helping some American companies first?" Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer wrote on Twitter in response to Trump's ZTE message.

Is it suspicious that we are listening to the uncritical echoes of the Democrat party line, or just par for the course?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nobody else in American wants to work. All of us that want to work have tons of jobs to choose from.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It's the proverbial shooting someone on fifth ave.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus
Hmmm, well this is interesting.

The Chinese government is extending a $500 million loan to a state-owned construction company to build an Indonesian theme park that will feature a Trump-branded golf course and hotels.

The Trump properties are considered flagship elements of the theme park, according to MNC marketing materials, and internal documents obtained by Agency France-Presse show Trump’s sons have been directly involved in its planning.

www.nationalreview.com...

Makes you wonder don’t it.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You guys still have not learned how it does it. He says something 'BIG', watches people and the media run around like scared ants over 240 characters and then when he sees how people are acting he makes his final decision. Amazing how it works.

I do not see anything bad in the US president, who just threw hard line sanctions on China, stating he would help China.

Maybe it is because of China decided to 'ban' Apple products, which their military has, Apples stock would tank about 15%. Is he protecting US assets?

Bottom line is none of us know from a tweet....

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You guys still have not learned how it does it. He says something 'BIG', watches people and the media run around like scared ants over 240 characters and then when he sees how people are acting he makes his final decision. Amazing how it works.

I do not see anything bad in the US president, who just threw hard line sanctions on China, stating he would help China.

Maybe it is because of China decided to 'ban' Apple products, which their military has, Apples stock would tank about 15%. Is he protecting US assets?

It's obvious Trump is making deals as a part of his trade deals with China, as is evident from his tweet.

"ZTE, the large Chinese phone company, buys a big percentage of individual parts from U.S. companies. This is also reflective of the larger trade deal we are negotiating with China and my personal relationship with President Xi"

It is nonsense, even absurd, and blatant propaganda, to say that he is doing it "to save Chinese jobs" at the detriment of his America first policies.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think this is solid proof that Trump colluded with China to influence the election. Impeach!

I love seeing the left tie itself in knots. First, any restriction to Chinese trade was terrible and would end life as Americans know it, now working with China to help them is bad too.

I am really not sure how much better the comedy act on the left can get.
Somewhere along the line 'America First' became 'Only America' I guess.

edit on 14/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: toysforadults

by who? nice try lol

Don't you find it weird that no-one can find the pissing hookers cited in the dossier, nor are the accusers that the dossier is real and authentic wanting to hear from them??

LOL, clearly you haven't even read the dossier, if you had, you'd be VERY VERY VERY keen to have the pissing hookers weigh-in and put the story to bed once and for all.

But no, CNN keeps flogging the dead horse and thats good enough for you.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 200Plus

Yes I think trusting American Intel is better than trusting Chinese Intel.

I believe as bad as you think America is its 1000 times better than life in China.

So I will continue to be on the side of the US.

I have lived in China, and loved living in China. Why do you think thousands of westerners live in China?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Link

Why else would he have been there?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Not really !

Trump's conflicts of interest
are legion

Little Wonder that he's trying to back track on sanctions :
he wants a Trump Tower in every major capital
Moscow, Beijing and Riyad for starters ...

It's a personal thing for the Donald

He's a bit like The Penguin
he wants world domination
but no-one takes him seriously

The Donald's a bit more orange though

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l
I find it entertaining that all the Trump people are falling all over themselves to explain this away.

While just a little further down in my newsfeed there’s the article from the National Review (a conservative site) showing that the Chinese government just released $500 million to fund a theme park where Trump properties and his name will be a major part of it. A deal in which his sons have personally been involved in..

But I’m sure that’s nothing. He’s just making “deals”. Whatever that means.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

3.... 2 ..1

but but but HRC, Obama, The democrats the other bunch...

The head-skanked Qanon tribe will be along soon to provide some entertaining ''rebuttals ''

And right on cue, just below !

edit on 14-5-2018 by Cassi3l because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Cassi3l
I find it entertaining that all the Trump people are falling all over themselves to explain this away.

While just a little further down in my newsfeed there’s the article from the National Review (a conservative site) showing that the Chinese government just released $500 million to fund a theme park where Trump properties and his name will be a major part of it. A deal in which his sons have personally been involved in..

But I’m sure that’s nothing. He’s just making “deals”. Whatever that means.

Not as funny as lefties claiming a billionaire is getting rich off the office, whilst an entire gaggle of politicians including leftists walk away from a career in 'public service' with millions in the bank.

I rather think your focus on the problem of politicians enriching themselves is a little off and just a tad too late.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

... leftists walk away from a career in 'public service' with millions in the bank.

Whist the Orange one makes millions whilst in office
I guess it all balances out in the end though, so that's okay !

a reply to: UKTruth

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

... leftists walk away from a career in 'public service' with millions in the bank.

Whist the Orange one makes millions whilst in office
I guess it all balances out in the end though, so that's okay !

...as do many politicians whilst in office. That's HOW they make their money. What's your point, even if Trump is enriching himself further? Why is it a problem now?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: matafuchs

It is nonsense, even absurd, and blatant propaganda, to say that he is doing it "to save Chinese jobs" at the detriment of his America first policies.

You do realize he tweeted this?
"President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast, Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!"

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

even if Trump is enriching himself further? Why is it a problem now

hum ... that would be a bit illegal ...
you're not too aware of the 'emolient clause' it seems
(Google might be of some succour to you on this one)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l

even if Trump is enriching himself further? Why is it a problem now

hum ... that would be a bit illegal ...
you're not too aware of the 'emolient clause' it seems
(Google might be of some succour to you on this one)

Why is this a problem now?
edit on 14/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join