It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If you mean lots of heli activity around the oil rigs that’s normal...loads of flights to and from them every day...probably stands out more now due to the lack of usual traffic.a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

I know they have a steady flow of traffic, for obvious reasons, but this ain't that. I watch the skies a lot and can honestly say there's s big uptick in North sea activity..... much more than usual.

I'm not an aviation nut, like some here, but i do take notice ..... I only mention things if they stand out and this stood out and has since this fiasco heated up.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

The back and forth paths are indicative of aerial surveys. Sometimes it's for mapping, sometimes it's for mineral survey activities. Even pictures for things like Google Maps.

There was RETRO flight into Lakenheath yesterday, with BLUE 81 going into Mildenhall. He had to make multiple approaches into the Hall to clear wildlife off the runway.
edit on 4/7/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That would explain the activity over lakenheath..... what happened to letting a hawk off?

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Apparently some genius decided the wildlife control unit, being civilian, needed to obey the lockdown order and couldn't work. So BLUE 81 did a half dozen touch and gos to scare the bunnies off.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe the Russian fleet have been going through again...or a joint exercise...?? There’s been a few shadows floating around too...probably working up for future detachment’s.a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

posted on Apr, 9 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Cheers for the info about mapping guys, makes sense given how empty the skies are.

In slightly related news a huge morgue is under construction at BAE Warton to take care of Covid-19 bodies that can process 1000 bodies. Slightly odd choice of location as I've not seen or heard anything about Warton being closed and there's very sensitive projects being worked on there. Can't reveal the location due to Anti-Terror laws but the Council had the option of using an already closed and built venue tucked away from civilisation so I'm confused why the Council chose the BAE site.
edit on 9-4-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

It's a combination of mapping areas they usually can't, due to normal traffic, and air quality testing. With traffic grounded, air quality is changing pretty quickly, so they're testing to see how and how fast. They've popped up a couple times in some of the UK groups I follow.
edit on 4/10/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That makes sense, I suppose those fellas need to take every opportunity available, while they can.

It just raised my brow and it wasnt something I'd thought of them doing during a lockdown. I have since noticed it elsewhere, even in France, but they're probably taking the same opportunities.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Unconfirmed rumors of an F-22 deployment Monday, possibly as long as two weeks.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Piqued my interest.

Any indications where? Guessing Lakenheath as most probable?

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RitualReality

Lakenheath. The tankers will go into Mildenhall.

Also may see F-15SAs this weekend.
edit on 8/7/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Looks like 6 B-52s diverted to Fairford.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
All 10 USMC F35's now safely on the ground at RAF Marham

The First 5-ship group landed approx 19.22 and the Second 5-ship group landed approx 20.05
edit on 3-9-2020 by yittak because: grammar

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yittak

They're supposedly going to be there about a month, including flying off the Queen Elizabeth for an unknown amount of time.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
All these aircraft are gonna cost me a fortune in fuel for the car

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Write it off on taxes. You had to take pictures of all the aircraft for your mental health. It's a health expense.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Write it off on taxes. You had to take pictures of all the aircraft for your mental health. It's a health expense.

Ha I’ll try and claim the mileage for work. I need to get my aircraft fix or I get depressed and therefore not fit enough to drive large goods vehicles .. if only. Heath on Thursday next week, debating Marnham the week after or considering back to Fairford again for some different buffs pics from another location

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join