It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What are the small antennas down the fuselage for? I don’t see them on other P-8s?

Also, can’t tell from the pics, is there a MAD on the back?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Communications. US birds have a similar layout.

No, it's not MAD equipped.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
First B-2, Spirit of New York, recovered into Fairford. The rest of the task force will be in after their range time, if they haven't recovered yet.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
82-1068 “Spirit of New York” “MISTY11”
82-1070 “Spirit of Ohio” “MISTY12/13”
88-0332 “Spirit of Washington” “MISTY12/13”

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What are they doing in UK?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Bomber Task Force. They went into Lajes to stage from initially.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
UK's second P-8A inbound

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 13/3/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: Added second image/source.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm sure you guys have heard by now, but RIAT canceled.

posted on Mar, 20 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And Farnborough.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeah really fudged off about it, first year where I had the whole weekend booked up tickets for both days and departures on the Monday. Even had a hotel booked for the weekend near Fairford. It’s gonna be a boring summer

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

I didn't get screwed that badly, but I got screwed with Red Flag. Spanish, Italians, German Typhoons and Tornados, color tails galore, NATO 70th AWACS. I made a day trip up, this past Monday because the Friday before they said ops normal this week. Late Sunday night they said no flying Monday.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Luckily the hotel I booked, I only booked a reservation and didn’t actually pay I was meant to pay when I arrived. Tickets I can get a refund on them or transfer them to next years show. Ah I feel for you is love spectate a red flag one day. Oh well looks like might take a few trips to Lakenheath in the summer to get my fix

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm hoping that since they cut this one short they might bring these guys back later to try again. I haven't seen a Flag this interesting aircraft wise in 4-5 years.
edit on 3/21/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Man how gutted was I when the B-2s only stayed for a week at Fairford this week just gone, was hoping to get to Fairford on Monday as the weather is lovely.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I had a feeling this was going to be a short deployment. More a "we're still here" flag waving exercise than a serious deployment.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Any idea why Royal Navy helicopters (wildcat) have been flying very low and taking photographs in the UK recently? Saw one yesterday that was hovering as low as 10m above nearby houses and could clearly see a soldier on the deck taking photos. It's traveled a huge distance o get there and first time I've seen them hanging around and flying that low over the middle of a city.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

There has been a lot of unusual air activity in the UK lately, I've been watching flightradar24 very closely and theres been a lot of craft doing grid patterns over areas like theyre looking for something.

A lot of activity around the oil rigs also.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

They're mapping. They're taking advantage of the fact that there's no traffic to do aerial survey flights.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Over the channel tunnel, north sea, lakenheath, Shrewsbury and a big grid between Leeds and Sheffield.... not so sure about mapping zaph.

There was one flight that I noted was ordnance survey, the others are military or privately owned beech kings or Cessnas.

Checking tail numbers etc they dont appear to be civilians on pleasure flights.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Had a C-17 doing touch and go’s and my local regional airport Southend On Sea. Not my video(s). Love the dust cloud as it takes off again. Unfortunately I was at work when all this happened and with the semi lock down happening in the UK I doubt I would of got there without getting turned away. Think they have had the odd A400 and C-130 visit too

Edit: just realised I’ve picked the worst video off YouTube but if you google C-17 at Southend airport you’ll find all sorts of videos

edit on 7-4-2020 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2020 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join