It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up for the UK members

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

They shut it off when they're away from other aircraft, like in the middle of the Atlantic, then turn it back on when they get near busier or controlled airspace.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I’ve seen a similar process with our RR’s...they disappear every now and again...😉a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan
I think it goes outside of receivers on the ground and that's why it's patchy. Zaph explained it to me when I spotted it off Portsmouth going from 70k to 0 in seconds and back up to altitude

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

Yep, there's that too. They're doing better at getting receivers into the ocean, and using satellite, but they aren't there yet. They're actually mounting them on buoys to increase their reception.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm travelling to see family in the west country tomorrow and I'm going to stop off somewhere at Fairford to see if I can get a few shots of some 52s taking off. It's gonna be hit or miss and I'm not too sure where to park up so just going to see if I can get lucky

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Part of an American bomber plane fell off and landed in a garden after it took off from a British RAF base. The B-52 bomber was on a routine training mission from RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire on Wednesday when the wing-tip gear door fell from the plane over Warwickshire. Military personnel retrieved the part and the US Air Force confirmed a safety investigation was being carried out

found Via the BBC

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The "keys" to the first UK P-8 were handed over at a ceremony at the Museum of Flight today. The aircraft was pulled into the parking lot for the ceremony. Next it goes to NAS Jacksonville for formal handover, before heading to Lossiemouth in February.

edit on 10/29/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Neat, I wish they painted the words 'royal Air Force' on the side like our Rivet Joints have on them. Lossie is a bit far to travel for me just to get a picture of it but next year I'm trying to plan a road trip around Scotland and was thinking of making a visit to Lossie. I wonder if we will see the P-8 (on static) at any airshows next year

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Maybe late in the year, but I'd say probably 2021 for an airshow is more likely.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The first P-8A was flown to NAS Jacksonville for the formal handover to the RAF the 30th. It's scheduled to arrive at Lossiemouth February 20.
edit on 11/1/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join