It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Nunes: AG Jeff Sessions should be held in contempt of Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Now Devin Nunes (House Intel Chair) is saying Jeff Sessions (Attorney General) should be held in Contempt because the FBI apparently has not given a full copy of all requested documents connected to that famous FISA warrant.

The House has sent requests and subpoenas to no avail.

They're sick of the "stonewalling".

I bet this is a clever ruse to throw specific people off track.

The Strategy is working and watch what happens when all this gets released 😎

Devin Nunes: AG Jeff Sessions should be held in contempt of Congress

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes is going to push Congress to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions in contempt of Congress.

The Californian Republican’s committee has been looking into allegations that the Justice Department and the FBI abused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in their scrutiny of the Trump campaign.

“On Thursday we discovered that they are not going to comply with our subpoena,” Nunes said on "Fox and Friends Sunday," adding, “the only thing left to do is we have to move quickly to hold the attorney general of the United States in contempt and that is what I will press for this week.”

🔑Bombshells coming 🔑

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This Bull# needs to end the government does not get to act in its own best interest they are accountable to us and us only

Take action or resign period

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I was one of the few who said, wtf when Trump brought Sessions on board. Convenient how the little worm recused himself, yet here is Mueller who is flagrantly violating the law by not recusing himself.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I was one of the few who said, wtf when Trump brought Sessions on board. Convenient how the little worm recused himself, yet here is Mueller who is flagrantly violating the law by not recusing himself.

Makes people go "Hmmmm" doesn't it.

😎

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In the interviews I saw this morning, he stopped well short of actually calling for contempt charges. I think Nunes should lay it on the line, and just do it. No more dancing around the issue.

Congress has not only the right of oversight, but the duty of oversight to protect the ppl who elected them.

There is no valid reason to delay the release of docs to a subcommittee with the proper clearance. There is one invalid reason though. To hide, and cover chit up.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I just posted this on the Q thread. It was DOJ's response to the request with reasons given

“Disclosure of responsive information to such requests can risk severe consequences, including potential loss of human lives, damage to relationships with valued international partners, compromise of ongoing criminal investigations, and interference with intelligence activities,” stated the May, 3 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd.

“After careful evaluation and following consultations with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the White House, the Department has determined that, consistent with applicable law and longstanding Executive Branch policy, it is not in a position to provide the information responsive to your request regarding a specific individual,” the letter states.

link

Considering there is a serial leaker on the committee, I don't much blame them.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

A bit of simple 2+2= math says it was not Sessions who made the decision in the DOJ to not comply because he recused himself from this ...or was it that ...Lets see how much power each one has and if they might need a tie breaker .

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Proof that our whole so called Constitutional government is a fraud and more proof that the Deep State/Shadow Government RULES!

Why do we even have elections if our elected officials are powerless?
edit on 6-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Remember that last critical bit of evidence Nunes went after?

Nunes dismissed the document as a “page and a half” and that it did not contain the information he was seeking.
www.yahoo.com...

Sounds like he's on a witch hunt.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I just posted this on the Q thread. It was DOJ's response to the request with reasons given

“Disclosure of responsive information to such requests can risk severe consequences, including potential loss of human lives, damage to relationships with valued international partners, compromise of ongoing criminal investigations, and interference with intelligence activities,” stated the May, 3 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd.

“After careful evaluation and following consultations with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the White House, the Department has determined that, consistent with applicable law and longstanding Executive Branch policy, it is not in a position to provide the information responsive to your request regarding a specific individual,” the letter states.

link

Considering there is a serial leaker on the committee, I don't much blame them.

Looks like a whole bunch of Swapmers will get exposed very soon.

from the same article:

Sara Carter said of the letter, “It appears from the letter Nunes had asked for information on a specific individual, not yet named and considered by DOJ to be a very valuable person for a counterintelligence operation.”

😃

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is it a witch hunt if he is on the committee tasked with overseeing these things?

Let me explain the differences. Mueller needs to investigate a crime, meaning a crime must have been committed.

Congress is supposed to oversee and make sure crimes do not happen. They do not need to wait for one to occur.

Maybe I am not understanding things though.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is it a witch hunt if he is on the committee tasked with overseeing these things?

It depends on whether he's doing that or if he's trying to protect the president by casting doubt on the credibility of the investigation. Is the latter part of his mandate?

Seems like he was disappointed that he didn't find something damning in that memo he worked so hard to get.

edit on 5/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If he didn't read the document, then shame on him.

That, in no way, makes it a witch hunt IMO, and also is not the focus of this thread.

The focus, as I see it, is the fact that a congressional oversight committee is being stonewalled. Regardless of who is in power, this is unacceptable to me as an American.

Is an unelected government body that is not subject to oversight acceptable to you? Very simple question if you leave political bias out of the equation.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, Sessions is bound to represent the Justice department being the attorney General. I would expect he should at least resist if it could lead to damaging the department of Justice..

I do not know what is actually up, I can just speculate. If congress asks specifically for some documents, I would say he will provide them. He at least has to act like he is trying to protect the Department, maybe it is just a way to save face.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

The focus, as I see it, is the fact that a congressional oversight committee is being stonewalled.
As I see it the Republicans on the committee are bound and determined to destroy the credibility of the investigation before its report is made.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sessions is either incompetent, being blackmailed, or was a plant by the deep state. I believe he is just an incompetent buffoon, and Rosenstein is running the show.

link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, Sessions is bound to represent the Justice department being the attorney General. I would expect he should at least resist if it could lead to damaging the department of Justice..

I do not know what is actually up, I can just speculate. If congress asks specifically for some documents, I would say he will provide them. He at least has to act like he is trying to protect the Department, maybe it is just a way to save face.

His job is to SERVE and obey the Constitution and our rule of LAW! PERIOD! If the DOJ is corrupt and lawless, it is EXACTLY his responsibility to clean house. NOT to protect corruption!

link   
Trust Sessions

bwahaha these fools can't keep their story straight
and are now at each other's throats

play #ty games
win #ty prizes

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: rickymouse

Sessions is either incompetent, being blackmailed, or was a plant by the deep state. I believe he is just an incompetent buffoon, and Rosenstein is running the show.

Or it's the Strategy of the Century !!
🎁😎

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I respect your opinion on many different subjects, but disagree on this one.

Is an unelected government body that is not subject to oversight acceptable to you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join