It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devin Nunes: AG Jeff Sessions should be held in contempt of Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: rickymouse

Sessions is either incompetent, being blackmailed, or was a plant by the deep state. I believe he is just an incompetent buffoon, and Rosenstein is running the show.

Or it's the Strategy of the Century !!
🎁😎

Anything is possible, but Occam's razor suggests that it is not likely.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Mach2

The focus, as I see it, is the fact that a congressional oversight committee is being stonewalled.
As I see it the Republicans on the committee are bound and determined to destroy the credibility of the investigation before its report is made.

Aren't federal judges doing that?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, Sessions is bound to represent the Justice department being the attorney General. I would expect he should at least resist if it could lead to damaging the department of Justice..

I do not know what is actually up, I can just speculate. If congress asks specifically for some documents, I would say he will provide them. He at least has to act like he is trying to protect the Department, maybe it is just a way to save face.

His job is to SERVE and obey the Constitution and our rule of LAW! PERIOD! If the DOJ is corrupt and lawless, it is EXACTLY his responsibility to clean house. NOT to protect corruption!

I have known some people up in the government system over the years. Their job is to make sure the people believe our government is capable of governing. They will say we need some change and to do it properly is the best way.

If the attorney general turned the Justice upside down at the highest levels, it would make people lose faith in our Justice department. That problem needs to be taken care of without stirring up a bunch of chaos in society. There are too many leakers out there, this needs to be handled correctly and I am not sure our public should know everything they do.

At least it isn't the Clintons, the judges and top officials would be having heart attacks, auto accidents, and pass out on railroad tracks and run over by a train when they are looking for squashed pennies.
edit on 6-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

One judge, as far as I know, has said that the Manafort case seems to be unrelated to the Russia investigation.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Is it a witch hunt if he is on the committee tasked with overseeing these things?

It depends on whether he's doing that or if he's trying to protect the president by casting doubt on the credibility of the investigation. Is the latter part of his mandate?

Seems like he was disappointed that he didn't find something damning in that memo he worked so hard to get.

They should be able to look at whatever they want, it's their job to conduct oversight. Witch hunting is part of their job description, that's how oversight works. The real question is why are they being prevented from oversight.

link   

I disagree my friend. If it's okay for us serfs to be arrested and imprisoned for violating laws that are put in place by these criminals we elect to do nothing more than defend the "civil servant" ie deep state why should we bow down and allow them to break the same laws we can be locked up for?

Is Feudalism/Slavery now what we call Freedom base on political beliefs?
edit on 6-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

And that Mueller doesn't care about Manafort and is only looking for something to pin on trump .. and thinks he has unfettered power it seems.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sessions is either incompetent, being blackmailed, or was a plant by the deep state. I believe he is just an incompetent buffoon, and Rosenstein is running the show.

Or it's the Strategy of the Century !!

Anything is possible, but Occam's razor suggests that it is not likely.

It has never been used at this level before.

😎

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One judge, as far as I know, has said that the Manafort case seems to be unrelated to the Russia investigation.

Oh you missed that the judge in the Flynn case asked for all that evidence also?
And Mueller asked for a delay in that case as well?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I, for one, don't believe the JD, or the FBI, have any credibility left to save. They could regain a morsel if respect by getting everything out in the open.

I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The focus, as I see it, is the fact that a congressional oversight committee is being stonewalled.
As I see it the Republicans on the committee are bound and determined to destroy the credibility of the investigation before its report is made.

Yeah, keep hanging on to that thread of hopeless hope, that this "report" is going to suddenly kick ole Trump in the guts and make all your dreams come true.

Except that boat sailed (and SUNK) quite awhile ago.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The real question is why are they being prevented from oversight.

Perhaps it has something to do with their propensity to leak information. Information which could compromise the investigation.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

a reply to: [post=23378676]OccamsRazor04[/po

Is it a witch hunt if he is on the committee tasked with overseeing these things?

It depends on whether he's doing that or if he's trying to protect the president by casting doubt on the credibility of the investigation. Is the latter part of his mandate?

Seems like he was disappointed that he didn't find something damning in that memo he worked so hard to get.

They should be able to look at whatever they want, it's their job to conduct oversight. Witch hunting is part of their job description, that's how oversight works. The real question is why are they being prevented from oversight.

Exactly this.
edit on 562018 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Perhaps it has something to do with their propensity to leak information. Information which could compromise the investigation.

Be that as it may, it is the right of the committee to see what they want. A prosecutor doesn't have legal authority to deny them access.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Leakers on both sides should be held accountable. You can't say I don't need to get a warrant because I am worried about a Judge leaking .. we have checks and balances in this country.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes, I know that Mueller asked for a delay in Flynn's sentencing. What's your point?

link   

Remember that last critical bit of evidence Nunes went after?

Nunes dismissed the document as a “page and a half” and that it did not contain the information he was seeking.
www.yahoo.com...

Sounds like he's on a witch hunt.

More like he's onto the witch hunt. Funny how you can use those two words without them sticking to the roof of your mouth.

I know there are honest Democrats because I know some in real life who are sickened by the antics. But what I'm wondering is are there any on ATS?

In the meantime John P. Carlin has joined the ranks of those fleeing the sinking ship. I wonder if that's the name being asked about? We'll be hearing more of that name in the future.

edit on 6-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Phage

And in the Russia case which was denied.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Mueller did that when he violated the 4th amendment rights of all involved by not showing probable cause to continue gathering surveillance.

When he began a criminal investigatiin without a crime having been committed or alleged.

When he didnt recuse himself for his own conflicts.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes, I know that Mueller asked for a delay in Flynn's sentencing. What's your point?

That's almost never done in the case of a guilty plea unless the judge suspects prosecutorial malfeasance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join