It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Lol such a stereotype!

Fantastic food in British restaurants, we do have access to herbs and spices as well. The main difference is none of our food is genetically modified and/or contains the chemical additives which the US government authorise for its citizens to be sold for consumption.
Give me bland over poison though anyday.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

There can be no excuse for not doing a proper fry up. As you may tell from my username, I fish for carp and often do nights. Even on the bank, I can still do a decent fry up. Using one of these (other brands are available):

Ridgemonkey

Yum,yum.

Amazing just what you can cook with these.

Anyway - sod McDonalds, what's wrong with a proper Chip Shop? And Burger King is way better, IMHO.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

One thing I have noticed about buying our beef. I get it right from the farmer, grass fed organic half a cow.

I haven't got a freezer big enough to take half a cow, but I buy my steaks from a local organic farm, and yes you are right, the taste compared to supermarket packaged products is noticeable.
I always buy 'local' where I can though, cuts down on transportation and keeps the money in the community.
Oh and cider from a farm near me is fantastic, heaven only knows what percentage alcohol it is, and I'm not sure the farmer even has a license to sell it, but local cops turn a blind eye.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

There can be no excuse for not doing a proper fry up. As you may tell from my username, I fish for carp and often do nights. Even on the bank, I can still do a decent fry up. Using one of these (other brands are available):

Ridgemonkey

Yum,yum.

Amazing just what you can cook with these.
That's a cool looking piece of kit, puts my hexamine block stove to shame!

Anyway - sod McDonalds, what's wrong with a proper Chip Shop? And Burger King is way better, IMHO.

Agreed, a proper chippy wins hands down, large battered sausage, chips, and curry sauce, bang on! ...and yes BK puts McD's to shame

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What's this? Wendy's burgers may be returning to the UK?

Wendys to Return to UK?

I remember Wendy's in London. Leicester Square, maybe?

Proper job.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Never heard of Wendys burgers, doubt they'll make it down this way in my lifetime. Whatever happened to 'Wimpy' burger fast food places, they were like the first one in my mind as a child.
...and lol at proper job, you from my parts???

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wendy burgers were square and came in foil not polystyrene boxes. Maybe they were only in London.

Wimpy are still going but only have a fraction of the places they used to, I think.

Proper Job is a nice drop. I'm in deepest Wiltshire so down here we enjoy a few pints of cider with our Novichok.

Whilst listening to the Wurzels, obviously.

We do come down to your neck of the woods quite a bit, though.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

down here we enjoy a few pints of cider with our Novichok.
LMAO, dark humour, love it!
Do you have pasties in the wilds of Wiltshire? Hot pasty and a pint of cloudy scrumpy, now that really is the lunch of kings.
Bakery near me makes fantastic pasties, I can only imagine how crap a McD's copy would be if they started selling them.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The conglomerates that own the restaurants, also own the supply chains for the ingredients. They also own the pharma companies that make the drugs you have to take when the food you eat makes you fat and sick. They also own oil companies which have to find ways to use the byproducts of cracking oil to make gas. So, they make gas, then they use the byproducts to make "fake" products such as hand creams, shampoos, food additives, etc., use those ingredients in the restaurants they own which then make us sick so we have to buy their pharma products, which never "cure" anything, but only alleviate symptoms, so that by the time an American is 70 years old, they have a literal wall of medications they are encouraged by the doctors (who are trained in universities and hospitals that are also owned by the same corporations) to take.

It's a brilliant plan by the 1%.

Keeps us fat, dumb and happy (with all those instant comfort foods) and perpetually sick.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Fantastic food in British restaurants, we do have access to herbs and spices as well.

Access, sure....but actually USING them...well, that's the kicker. LOL.
Trump voter, I stereotype at will.

Seriously though, I can't honestly imagine the UK Mickey Dees aren't using the same bag of processed fries they use all over. And I really doubt they are peeling and slicing potatoes there. Though the burgers may have more horse perhaps?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

McD's have to play by British rules here....and horse is fantastic meat, they should get into it, I reckon sales would triple.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Social stigma here in the US. (and as a horse owner, I get that).

However, I have lived internationally, so I'm sure I've eaten it without knowing several times (along with other mystery meats). Camel, for example, is quite good too. So... (I was addicted to Shwarmas in the Middle East).

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Camel is interesting, never tried it.
EDIT
Not knowingly at least.
edit on 8-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Camel is interesting, never tried it.
EDIT
Not knowingly at least.

Its a bit like mutton IMHO. But not for the faint of heart...............

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: SurveyTheSurveyors

The comparison was necessary to make the point.
The US government authorises crap for sale to its citizens which most of the world prohibits.
If you think facts are snarky well that's unfortunate.

Facts can be snarky, it's all in how you present them. Having said that, it's a damn shame how the US goes about approving what's good and what's bad through the FDA, i just don't think it's conspiracy worthy considering they do it all in plain sight and no one seems to care around here...

There's always a time for change tho right?

Cheers mate!
-StS

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Like I said there is no money in solving world hunger, if there were. It would be solved by now. Same to ArMaP. But anyways, not much to this thread if your so scared of french fries.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Lol I'm not scared of UK fries at mc'd's, they're just potatoes oil and salt. I'd be scared of the food sold in the US though

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

They have freedom fries in the U. S, eat them and you're free to die a chemically induced early death, coupled with massive amounts of pills to offset the chemicals....

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Mc Medicare

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I had to bite my tongue not to reply to Chris on the first page.

" you can take our lives, but you can never take our Freedom... Fries" except the freedom would be spelled how Jim jefferis does in one of his skits. I'm just not going there for fear of reprisals...

ETA.. I have little doubt the " health industry " are invested in MacDonalds.
edit on 9-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join