It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Lol, I eat plenty of fast food. I just don't care for the taste of McDonalds.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Sorry for the rudeness Dfairlite, I do appollogise for the rudeness, just read what I wrote. It the heat maybe

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Lol, I read it as just British banter taking the piss in a lighthearted way.
...he does need to man up though and get a sausage n egg muffin down his throat!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh it was lol

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yeah, I did notice. That's why I asked what the conspiracy is? Who is profiting (not necessarily in a monetary way, just at all)?

One thing I find odd about certain chemicals being banned in other countries is the basis that they're banned on. Take brominated vegitable oil, for example. There can be no doubt that too much bromide in a person can cause serious issues, but the evidence of BVO causing any problems at low levels is non-existent (from what I could find). The cases where people had issues, were people drinking 4-8 litres of a beverage that contained it, per day, over a long period of time. And even in those extreme cases, the damage was reversable by simply stopping drinking the beverage (one case they used dialysis to speed up the recovery as the man had lost the ability to walk!) and getting their bromide levels back to normal.

With that in mind, why is this substance banned in the EU and Japan? I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be banned. I'm saying, where is the research? I want to see the data. If the EU or japan has done studies on this, show the world. Show us why it should be banned.

Contrast that with these cases: Woman dies from water intake, during radio contest and 4-year old dies after parents punish her with drinking water
In these cases, people died from drinking excessive amounts of water. Yet, there's no outrage over water control limiting the amount of water companies can put in things. I'm illustrating absurdity with absurdity, I know. But the point is, there is just as much evidence of damage caused by too much water as there is by too much BVO.

I just find it odd that we ban some items because a few people go to extremes and get sick or killed, but not others. Why? What purpose does it serve?
edit on 7-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No worries, I just laughed, I didn't think you were being serious.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Good questions, but "I don't know" is my answer.
Take Ractopamine-Tainted Meat - banned in 160 countries, I'd have to err on the side of caution that those nations know something that the FDA in the US doesn't.
At the end of the day if we don't test something ourself then ultimately we have to trust scientists. I'm just of the opinion that if scientists representing 500+ million people say "no that's not cool to sell as food" then I'll take their advice over the FDA.
EDIT
Even China and Russia ban it for sale to its citizens as food, you know, those countries with amazing records of doing the right thing for its people. [/sarcasm]
...but no, FDA says it's cool to eat so obviously the rest of the world is wrong lol
edit on 7-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I think it comes down to this quote:

The European Food Safety Authority investigated ractopamine in 2009, concluding there were not enough data to show that it is safe for human consumption at any level.

Article

In the US we don't approach things the same way as other countries. They're saying: Prove it's safe for humans. We're saying prove it's not. Neither side seems to have furnished much data. The US did one study and found no adverse affects. I don't see any studies done by the EU/China/Russia. To me, this is the problem. We should be able to have some difinitive evidence that it's good/bad/neutral. But we don't.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

From your link...

The FDA has linked ractopamine to nearly a quarter-million reported adverse events in pigs (more than half of those pigs were sickened or killed) — more than any other animal drug. These pigs became lame or unable to stand, started trembling, or suffered a host of other ailments.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Lol, I read it as just British banter taking the piss in a lighthearted way.
...he does need to man up though and get a sausage n egg muffin down his throat!

You forgot the bacon! It's all about the bacon, sausage and egg together. The Holy Trinity, if you will.

"Waiter, Full English please...!"

IMHO the egg-white needs to be removed. Nasty blubbery stuff that egg-white...

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Bacon yes, but removing the egg white go # yourself lol!
I open mine up and insert the hash brown as a layer, #ing heaven!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

From an animal cruelty standpoint I get it but not from a human health standpoint, that's all I was saying.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I don't know what to think mate, but being honest, if most of the world tells me "That ain't cool to be sold as food" then I won't eat it...kinda like the FDA being over ruled if you know what I mean.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Ha! Try a poached egg. Then try a poached yolk. (2 minutes or less!) It's yellowy heaven which can never be excelled. I'm a picky eater but I do know what is tasty. The only thing egg whites should be in is meringues or whipped into an omelette. I don't like the whitey rubber!

I can get all Gurney where eggwhite rubbery nastiness is concerned. Just "No!"

ETA

edit on 7/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You racist bastard with the whites!
I'm alerting mods n allsorts, you are screwed!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have egg whites with your name on them. Raw. Bring it on!

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lol your birds will protect you

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Indeed.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't think there is a direct partnership between fast food, big pharma, insurance and hospitals at all- however:

If one were to exist you would have too look at a few key points.

1) Doctors receive only 1-2, and never more than a handful of college hours about "nutrition"
2) Nutrition could be described as "everyday foreign contaminants people put into their bodies, and their effects". High fat, salt and protein is good- anything with sugar or sugar imitators is deadly/poisonous. Chemicals from everything probably not good either. Brain bioaccumulates all the bad stuff, and also can't get fed on sugar diets as well as not.
3) Fasting, it's gonna change the waistline of America, their grocery/healthcare bottom line, and the key is one meal a day, 40-48 hour fasts, intermittent DRY fasts. If the answer to most things is simple, and I figured it out, I suspect my government knew as well- since they captured the research from the Nazi feeding studies and all their other research as well confirming that low-cal is the true starvation.
4) The "push" for healthier choices resulted in no beneficial changes and seemed like an ad rollout for a new market of people who wanted "healthier looking" presentation and advertising, which resulted in the same or worse waist line.

If McDonald's afraid of losing me to fasting, they don't have to worry. I break my 20hr daily fast with 5 cheeseburgers and a coke. They went up on Hot n Spicy's, my go to food. Criminal! After that I might not eat again, or I'll squeeze in another meal with the family. I still manage to train jiu-jitsu fasted, no problem. I prefer fasted states for most things and only eat when the "work" for the day is done, and I am ready to go Homer Simpson on the couch before the (super sensitive) insulin crash gets me.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is a different perspective over here, people in the U.S. don't like being told what to eat or not, even if it makes them fat and die. This is the culture I've grown up in, so I can sympathize. It is up to the individual here to determine what they want to eat.

I can see that in the EU, having healthy food regulations makes it so that people can eat at places even like McDonald's and have a healthier experience. That is definitely a benefit.

Around here in the U.S., corporations are more interested in putting things in their food to make it addictive than keeping healthy customers. For example, at fairgrounds, they add salt to their drinks to make people thirstier and come back for more.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join