It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So here's my conspiracy theory, the US is trying to kill it's people slowly through their food.
I know, some of you will get butt hurt about this thread, but no matter, the fact is that compared to the rest of the developed world your food is crap, heck a lot of it is even banned for sale in the EU.

Lets look at the evil empire McD's, this is the recipe for their fries in the UK:
McD's UK

We simply wash, peel, cut and prepare the potatoes before cooking. Then we cook them in a blend of sunflower and rapeseed oil, adding a pinch of salt before serving. It really is that simple.
Now here is the recipe for the US:
McD's USA

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

So why the difference? For sure McD's are a business and will get away with whatever they can, but for whatever reason feel the need to add more to US fries than UK fries.

McD's aside, what about the various foods available in the US which are banned in the UK/EU?

Synthetic growth hormones rBGH and rBST (Beef) - EU banned 1981
Food dyes Yellow 5, Yellow 6 and Red 40 - banned for causing hyperactivity in children
Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) - banned for links with memory loss & nerve damage
Azodicarbonamide (ADA) in bread - banned as a potential carcinogen
Arsenic in livestock feed - banned in the EU for obvious reasons, tolerated in small amounts by the US FDA.
Olestra (chemical flavouring) - banned in EU and Canada
Ractopamine-Tainted Meat - banned in 160 countries worldwide

That's just a 'taster' of some of the crap the US authorises for sale to its citizens, never mind GM altered food which again is totally banned for human consumption sale in the EU. Try selling/importing a GM Hawaiian Papaya here and see how that goes.

So, in closing, I ask is it a conspiracy to damage the health of US citizens, or maybe just the lower hanging fruit who don't check what they are eating? Is it a conspiracy of business to maximise profit at lowest cost? That I struggle with because with the extra ingredients in US McD's fries it must cost more to produce them.
Either way, I'm glad your crap food isn't on sale in the UK, and even if we're forced to import US food in a post-brexit deal, we will have clear labels on the food so we can make the choice.
All thoughts welcome although butt hurt emotional responses I'll just laugh at and ignore.

+12 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm reading this thread while doing a mobile order for a free breakfast sandwhich with the purchase of a Med McCafe.

I got the Americano and a Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel.

So damn good.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Haha, my local favourite is a double sausage and egg Mc Muffin from their breakfast menu

EDIT
To be honest I was inspired to type this thread after having a nugget happy meal and a coffee about an hour ago.
I gave the toy to some woman with a small child at the opposite table.

edit on 6-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

People will come into this thread and say it has to do with profits, making things a cheaper way, and there is nothing overtly sinister about all of this.

But there clearly is an agenda to keep the American populace perpetually sick and obese, and reliant on allopathic, petroleum based "medicine", that from the start was engineered as a slow but effective genocide. You can thank the Rockefellers in large part for that.

+39 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Pretty much a conspiracy fact...

It appears they have figured out how to profit off of us buying their poisonous food/water (because of the right to sell us poison)

they then profit off us taking their medications that are designed for us to be on them for life (because Western Medicine is the best!)

and then working us to the age of 65 (going up) right when the body can not handle the toxic food/medicine any longer(they get our pension) and voila you got a great slave society set up... you know with extra steps!

This is without getting into the debt slavery that is on top off all of this!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
So here's my conspiracy theory, the US is trying to kill it's people slowly through their food.
I know, some of you will get butt hurt about this thread, but no matter, the fact is that compared to the rest of the developed world your food is crap, heck a lot of it is even banned for sale in the EU.

Lets look at the evil empire McD's, this is the recipe for their fries in the UK:
McD's UK

We simply wash, peel, cut and prepare the potatoes before cooking. Then we cook them in a blend of sunflower and rapeseed oil, adding a pinch of salt before serving. It really is that simple.
Now here is the recipe for the US:
McD's USA

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

So why the difference? For sure McD's are a business and will get away with whatever they can, but for whatever reason feel the need to add more to US fries than UK fries.

McD's aside, what about the various foods available in the US which are banned in the UK/EU?

Synthetic growth hormones rBGH and rBST (Beef) - EU banned 1981
Food dyes Yellow 5, Yellow 6 and Red 40 - banned for causing hyperactivity in children
Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) - banned for links with memory loss & nerve damage
Azodicarbonamide (ADA) in bread - banned as a potential carcinogen
Arsenic in livestock feed - banned in the EU for obvious reasons, tolerated in small amounts by the US FDA.
Olestra (chemical flavouring) - banned in EU and Canada
Ractopamine-Tainted Meat - banned in 160 countries worldwide

That's just a 'taster' of some of the crap the US authorises for sale to its citizens, never mind GM altered food which again is totally banned for human consumption sale in the EU. Try selling/importing a GM Hawaiian Papaya here and see how that goes.

So, in closing, I ask is it a conspiracy to damage the health of US citizens, or maybe just the lower hanging fruit who don't check what they are eating? Is it a conspiracy of business to maximise profit at lowest cost? That I struggle with because with the extra ingredients in US McD's fries it must cost more to produce them.
Either way, I'm glad your crap food isn't on sale in the UK, and even if we're forced to import US food in a post-brexit deal, we will have clear labels on the food so we can make the choice.
All thoughts welcome although butt hurt emotional responses I'll just laugh at and ignore.

The U.S. is a big business first, then after that we are, wait, it's just a big business, that's it.
I agree 100% with what you said, why our government won't do anything is beyond me.
Money talks.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

I genuinely think that could be the case as well, when nations numbering 500+ million people ban US food one has to wonder why.
I'd be protesting if I was a US citizen.

EDIT
And for the record, I protested and destroyed GM test crops in the 90's, we won, the companies couldn't afford the security when the police told them they were no longer giving them priority and that they should hire their own guards.
edit on 6-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I've been contemplating this idea for a while now. I try telling people but lifetime habits are hard to break. I really can't think of a solution to this problem, especially when most of our citizens just don't care.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here’s a thought:
If you don’t like mcDonalds, don’t go...
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..

My wife is a physician(MD)...
We love mcDondalds fries and feed them to our children...

Sorry if our love of McDonald’s triggers you and your ilk..

-Chris

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging

Apathy is the curse of modern life...we share similar sentiments.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

+28 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Here’s a thought:
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..
I go to McD's quite often, was there earlier which inspired this thread.
It is always choice, but you seem to be defending additives and chemicals which are banned in food for 500+ million people yet approved for Americans. Strange.

Sorry if our love of McDonald’s triggers you and your ilk..

-Chris

Who is triggered? Not me, I'm making social commentary on the # food the US government allows for sale to it's citizens while the rest of the developed world says "Urm no, it's not cool to sell that as food".
Butt hurt much? lol

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I genuinely think that could be the case as well, when nations numbering 500+ million people ban US food one has to wonder why.
I'd be protesting if I was a US citizen.

EDIT
And for the record, I protested and destroyed GM test crops in the 90's, we won, the companies couldn't afford the security when the police told them they were no longer giving them priority and that they should hire their own guards.

That is awesome, a tip of the hat to you for the GM activism. Most of the people I know worship modern science, so when I bring GM frankenfoods up they will say something like "Humans have been genetically modifying food for thousands of years you idiot, derp derp!", conveniently omitting the fact that they are designed to be completely soaked in Glyphosate and survive, and the Glyphosate, since it is water soluble, has now contaminated the entire Earth.

Even in areas that have never used it, it is coming down in the rain, even raining all over organic growing fields! It is ruining the soil, and completely destroys our gut health, causing leaky gut syndrome.

Yeah, it really pisses me off.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Haha brilliant!!
I reckon he'd hate UK fries from McD's, just fried in oil and salt, bet he'd say they are tasteless and order a drone strike

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Haha, my local favourite is a double sausage and egg Mc Muffin from their breakfast menu

EDIT
To be honest I was inspired to type this thread after having a nugget happy meal and a coffee about an hour ago.
I gave the toy to some woman with a small child at the opposite table.
so uh, whatever happened to that woman with the small child?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Dude our hearts share the same ideals!

GM crops are not grown commercially in the UK as a direct result of thousands of people who got beaten and arrested in the 90's, I'm just one of them, but the people actually won that battle.
Probably because the government know we don't need them at the present time, and it's safer to let other countries be the crash test dummy so they stopped offering police security to Monsanto and their ilk...Monsanto couldn't afford the security...and private security cannot even carry sticks in the UK so activist numbers won the day.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To make white bread they take out the fiber, bread makes you very fat
They sell the fiber from what's removed in health food shops

Win win for the industry
Stay away from white bread

Like me some junk food occasionally, don't ever eat bread though, well very rarely
I hear Americans like their sugar

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
so uh, whatever happened to that woman with the small child?

Haha she smiled a thank you and I went on my way.
I get Happy Meals quite often, just the right amount of snack eating for me, nuggets, fries, and orange juice. Obvs I'm not into the toy so I always give it away, and always get a smile because I'm just being friendly and I remember having little ones myself. I'm a champion for humans interacting friendly with strangers, and I find most people are the same when brief contact is initiated.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Here’s a thought:

I love Mcdonalds.

I eat it nearly everyday... since that and hungry jacks (AKA burger king) are the only places open near my work at 12.30am, when my lunch break is... It hasn't killed me yet.

Although, Mcdonalds in Australia is 'made to order' and not 'pre-made' like in the US... So logic would dictate that its probably a far better quality food source here.

+20 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Here’s a thought:

Expand upon your thought process here, you claim that it is "fascist" to be concerned about a multinational corporation poisoning the populace!?

Apparently you are so proud of this toxicity being dumped on everyone you proudly declare that you feed your children this poison? And your wife is a "MD" to boot??

I am sorry but it is not "freedom" to sell poison masked as food, it is insidious and evil. Attempting to mask it as an issue of choice is absurd, you seem to understand that all of the ingredients that the OP listed is poison and apparently you are OK with that, however most people are not aware of how toxic the food is, therefore are not making an informed decision.

To me the "Fascism" lies in the power of these corporations to own the FDA/AHA/USDA/CDC etc on down the line and have the ability to propagate "scientific" studies that allow these companies to poison the populace, and own the educational system to indoctrinate each new generation into your kind of thought process, including "MDs".

Honestly your argument is as valid as people who defended Big Tobacco throughout the 20th century, but I am sure you and your MD for a wife would buy your own children cigarettes in order to stand up for the right to consume poison! I mean "Freedom" right!?

I am exaggerating here, I am just so sick of this BS argument about why the Fast food/Grocery monopoly gets to poison children and adults until the grave because of.. ahem "freedom to choose which poison" we ingest.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join