It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa set to ban abortions after six weeks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

or if the women is the sole caregiver of a few children already and ends up not being able to care for them...
does the right of that fetus overshadow the rights of the women, and her children to the point of this much disruption, that the children end up in a foster home with strangers while mom's freaking out because she can't take care of them and knows they are in a setting they aren't familiar with with people she doesn't know?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Milkweed

So you'll be willing to help pick up the slack when more babies are put up for adoption?

Easy problem to solve. Seal off the border, get all illegals out and there is more than enough money to help pick up the slack.

Easy peasy lemon squeezey. At least the baby's would actually be American citizens.
edit on 5-5-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: dug88

Yes yes, it's terrible.
So have you been doing anything to stop the use of depleted uranium or anything else to make the world a better place?
Saving any African kids that are starving?
Housing any refugees?

He's a far left extremist. They receive all self validation from what they THINK they would do. Not from what they actually do.

Example- a far left extremist feels morally superior for suggesting that something be done about depleted uranium. This includes self congratulatory post it notes, much back slapping and a sense of moral excellence. This way (in their mind) they've already helped the cause just be thinking about it or telling others to do something and theubdont have to actually contribute anything in the real world.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Bone75

There are exceptions in the bill for rape, incest and the mothers health.

To me, those exceptions undermine the moral precedent of this entire bill. Are the products of rape and incest less than human?

You want women to have kids that were a result of the worst experience in their lives? Violated in ways a man can't imagine? Adding to the trauma that they had?

What do you mean "in ways a man can't imagine"? Men can't be raped? Or is rape somehow worse for a woman than a man?

Explain your idiotic statement please.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

umm... most of those coming over the border aren't adoptable babies!! and I really don't see finances as being the problem when it comes to adoption, after all they are willing to travel halfway around the world for their perfect little babies!!
a better solution would be to prohibit the overseas adoptions till our foster care system is cleared out some and make the adoption process easier (without making it more dangerous for the kids), and less expensive.
then, well if you want a kid, take an american kid, if they ain't good enough for ya, if they don't meet your requirements, then may I suggest you lower your standards!!!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: dug88

Yes yes, it's terrible.
So have you been doing anything to stop the use of depleted uranium or anything else to make the world a better place?
Saving any African kids that are starving?
Housing any refugees?

Nope but I also don't sit here and babble on about how horrible abortion is cause...babies dying.

It seems like people forget...prior to 100 years ago a lot of babies died for various reasons and in many places in the world today still do. It was always just kind of accepted the parent's life came first. An adult can make more babies. A parentless baby is dead anyway.

Abortion has existed for thousands of years whether it's been surgery, herbal remedies or whatnot, because people have always understood you need resources to raise a child...I mean # even animals understand that hence why babies are left to die or just #ing eaten during times of food scarcity.

Yet, here you are. You must be grateful that your folks opted for one option over the ones you suggest are natural.

Hmmm the thing about that is...I wouldn't exist so it really wouldn't matter would it?

I mean it's not like I would know if I had been aborted would I? I just wouldn't be. I could also look at it this way...all the pain i've ever experienced, loss, misery, loneliness and the myriad of other things that life includes...I never would have experienced. Sure I never would have experienced the happy things either. But in the end life really isn't anything more than the things you experience and do and even then you pretty much only ever really have your memories and your own thoughts.

This thought of never being born doesn't really scare me.

I mean im going to die at some point anyway...there's literally nothing I can do about that. I'm kinda grateful every time I wake up in the morning and im not dead.

But any of us could die at any time. Life is like that...eventually it stops and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Whether it happens after 100 years, 10 years or before you're even born...you, me and everyone else will die.

Obviously. But that is no excuse to end the lives of others.

No that's not...but tons have been posted just in this thread alone...not to mention honestly common sense. You know I agree..it really sucks to have to make the choice to do that...anyone I know that's done it has struggled with the decision long afterwards.

It would be really great if we lived in a perfect world where every human life mattered, where magic and pixie dust make every child born loved and cared for, where every human grew up with the things they need. Where every child not only living in some foster system or waiting to be adopted but every unborn child that would ever be could have a home and the things they needed to have reasonable lives.

You and others like you act like death is the worst thing that can happen to somebody...like every life should exist just because it's some kind of magic divine #ing miracle. That no matter how bad their life would likely end up being, how much it #s up anyone's life who is already currently alive that this little miracle of #ing creation needs to survive.

I really truly wish the world was a magic #ing fairy tale land where all this was true...but it's not.

The world isn't like that. People don't #ing survive on magic and dreams. For every one unwanted child born that ends up with a decent life...a dozen others experience hardships and misery the likes of which people like you don't seem to understand.

The world is not magic #ing fun land where every life that exists is going to be #ing awesome.

Here's an example...some girl gets pregnant because she's young and stupid and doesn't think of consequences has an abortion because hers and that child's life would have been # because she lacked the resources at the time to.care for herself and said child. Same girl then goes on to better her life...becomes less stupid and reckless...acquires necessary resources and has.a child she can look after properly and provide a decent life for.

Sure she ended the life of that first child...but that second child got a chance to make a life for itself that it would never have gotten otherwise..

I'm not saying this always happen...but every unwanted child doesn't have a magic #ing fairy tale life either.

The world isn't a narrow #ing place where every decision is either right or wrong.

By allowing women this choice you give both them and any potential children a chance at a better life than any of them would have without this choice.

Again it really sucks that it needs to come down to a choice like that...but that's the world we live in...it's a rough place and hopes and wishes and good #ing intentions won't change that.

This allows people a chance to get a choice at at least trying to have a reasonable life for them and any possible future children...you and people like you would deny people like that that choice because # future consequences every #ing baby is a magic #ing miracle...well it's not..human beings are really easy to make...you don't have to try very hard...it's kinda that thing we do...

How do you feel about the death penalty? I'd bet $1000 you are against it.

Speaking of hypocrisy.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

apples, meet oranges

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't really care.

It's none of their damn business.

Well actually it is. It's as much 'their' business as it is yours.
You'll have to deal with it. Besides if you are not planning to get pregnant again (as you previously stated) then you've no worries.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

At 72, I am of an age that was before both birth control and legal abortion -- and when men/women were still living gender roles. Also, when the government said jump, you jumped.

Now here we are -- still fighting for women's rights.

I am very pro LIVING CHILDREN.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There are millions of women that stand against you.
You are not fighting for womens rights at all, just abortionists rights.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

How do you feel about the death penalty? I'd bet $1000 you are against it.

Speaking of hypocrisy.

You've made a couple assumptions about me now...first that I'm a far left extremist...then that I'd be against the death penalty....im not sure here if you've actually read anything i've written or if you just spout whatever bull# comes to your head but...

I personally don't have any time at all to be an extremist of any ideologies. I spend most of my time working and really don't get involved in a whole lot honestly. The depleted uranium comments were more.about the hypocrisy of caring about the deaths of babies in one situation while not caring in another....if you want to sit and use oh but think of of the dead children as an argument I feel like maybe you shouldn't be saying that while supporting people that approve allowing the use of weapons that do far more damage to unborn children than abortions

No I don't go protest this, because I don't live in a country that uses them.

Honestly if I'm extremist against anything it's #ing stupidity. About 90% of the problems in the world and most of the # I read on here has one root cause....people acting #ing stupid without the slightest bit of thought behind what they say or do. Both 'sides' of all your arguments...whatever you think of as left or right...both are full of stupid #. The #ing 'left extremists' and their stupid #ing identity politics, and their.whining about the world the 'right extremists' with their # the government # everything muh #in freedom.

Both those groups of people live in magic little bubble worlds of absolutes where everyone else is their enemy and only the things they know are right for everyone.

Really left or right or whatever the # it doesn't matter. The news, the politics the bull# all of it is nothing. The only things that are real in this world are the people who have the money and power to actually do anything in the world and everyone else.

And the people that have the power to affect the world are completely abusing it and #ing it over for everyone else. So play your little lefty righty games if you want. No on'es really going to make any kind of difference without being one of those people. It's been the cycle for thousands of years...it's not going to change...it's the way humans are...we've lost the last period of relative freedom we had...it's gone...if it ever really was and it's going to take a long time to get it back. And that's definitely not going to happen if people sit and attack each other about pointless ideologies.

Also, I'm assuming you haven't read # all other than that first post I made...because you wouldn't have made that bet with me..

So I'll take my $1000 in cash or you can send me a cheque if you like.

Cause no...there's a lot of #ty people this world could do without and I really wouldn't shed a tear if they were executed.

Oh and I take bets seriously...someone tells me they wanna bet me $1000 they better be ready to cough that # up.

edit on 5/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: intrepid

There are exceptions in the bill for rape, incest and the mothers health.

To me, those exceptions undermine the moral precedent of this entire bill. Are the products of rape and incest less than human?

You want women to have kids that were a result of the worst experience in their lives? Violated in ways a man can't imagine? Adding to the trauma that they had?

What do you mean "in ways a man can't imagine"? Men can't be raped? Or is rape somehow worse for a woman than a man?

Explain your idiotic statement please.

I believe he’s referring to the idea of being forced to carry the product of the rape - something yes, a man who is raped isn’t privy to.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Right to CHOOSE

Many who do not agree with abortion - - still support a woman's right to Choose.

It is about women's rights.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

yes, I do, I have three sons, who I hope will someday marry...
and I would really hate to have one of my daughters in law forced to carry a pregnancy that is adversely affecting her health!!! and if that ever happens, don't think for a minute that it's my job to take the kids she is already caring for, it ain't!! let the danged taxpayers hire the nanny to make sure they are cared for... if they can't afford it!!!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I don't really care.

It's none of your business if I wanna kill my dog and eat it either, but the society I live in has decided it is. So I can either just go without dogmeat, or I can go find myself a society that's more welcoming to the practice.

I support LIVING CHILDREN.

You are talking about a dog that is already living.

Do you support DACA? Those are LIVING CHILDREN.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Right to CHOOSE

Many who do not agree with abortion - - still support a woman's right to Choose.

It is about women's rights.

And many women don't. Millions of them.
The point is you don't speak for all women and never will, no matter the delusions of gender based solidarity you have in your mind.

edit on 5/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I don't really care.

It's none of your business if I wanna kill my dog and eat it either, but the society I live in has decided it is. So I can either just go without dogmeat, or I can go find myself a society that's more welcoming to the practice.

Yes the DACA children have a right to life. The right to citizenship is a different argument.
What's your point?
edit on 5/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What was the penalty for performing illegal abortions back in the day? I bet if doctors are subjected to being charged with murder you'd be hard pressed to find one willing to do the procedure.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What was the penalty for performing illegal abortions back in the day? I bet if doctors are subjected to being charged with murder you'd be hard pressed to find one willing to do the procedure.

Just like there's no drug dealers in countries with the death penalty for that right?

Such as say Indonesia?

www.scmp.com...

President Joko Widodo has given authorities wider powers, drug laws have been tightened and the death penalty for drugs reinstated. Despite this, Indonesia is the largest drugs market in Asia, and many tourists are involved

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't really care.

Yes the DACA children have a right to life. The right to citizenship is a different argument.
What's your point?

NO -- it is NOT a different argument.

You are either Pro LIVING CHILDREN or you're not.

And DACA is not about citizenship.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join