It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa set to ban abortions after six weeks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: Teikiatsu

I don't really care.

It's none of their damn business.

It's none of your business if I wanna kill my dog and eat it either, but the society I live in has decided it is. So I can either just go without dogmeat, or I can go find myself a society that's more welcoming to the practice.

I support LIVING CHILDREN.

You are talking about a dog that is already living.

Do you support DACA? Those are LIVING CHILDREN.

Yes the DACA children have a right to life. The right to citizenship is a different argument.
What's your point?

NO -- it is NOT a different argument.

You are either Pro LIVING CHILDREN or you're not.

And DACA is not about citizenship.

Totally different, obviously. Ending life in one case and not in the other. It's a stupid comparison.
DACA kids can have a life in Mexico or wherever they were brought from.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I support LIVING CHILDREN.

Unborn children do live.

You are talking about a dog that is already living.

Still none of your business.

Do you support DACA? Those are LIVING CHILDREN.

I support letting the kids stay if they have a legal guardian here to care for them, but their parents have to go home if they entered this country illegally or overstayed their visas.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Just like there's no drug dealers in countries with the death penalty for that right?

I said you'd be hard pressed.

Also drug dealers don't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and go through 8 years of college to deal drugs.

Well American doctors do, but that's beside the point.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There are exceptions in the bill for rape, incest and the mothers health.

To me, those exceptions undermine the moral precedent of this entire bill. Are the products of rape and incest less than human?

You want women to have kids that were a result of the worst experience in their lives? Violated in ways a man can't imagine? Adding to the trauma that they had?

What do you mean "in ways a man can't imagine"? Men can't be raped? Or is rape somehow worse for a woman than a man?

Explain your idiotic statement please.

The frequency of men getting raped outside of prison is quite rare. Women are raped at a vastly higher rate daily. So unless you've experienced this type of violation keep you "idiotic" statements to yourself.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

To me, those exceptions undermine the moral precedent of this entire bill. Are the products of rape and incest less than human?

You want women to have kids that were a result of the worst experience in their lives? Violated in ways a man can't imagine? Adding to the trauma that they had?

What do you mean "in ways a man can't imagine"? Men can't be raped? Or is rape somehow worse for a woman than a man?

The frequency of men getting raped outside of prison is quite rare. Women are raped at a vastly higher rate daily. So unless you've experienced this type of violation keep you "idiotic" statements to yourself.

Give it a rest. About half of one percent of pregnancies are due to rape.
edit on 5/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Give it a rest. About half of one percent of pregnancies are due to rape.

Then why are you guys busting a nut over it then? The lack of logic with you is astounding. Logic pretzels anyone?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

oh have enough money, it's amazing what you can buy... all the penalty will do will make doctors less likely to intervene when there is a real need for that abortion... and read about the women, who died because they were denied a lifesaving abortion even though they would have fallen under the exceptions.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What you said was idiotic... especially since you said it to me. I was raped and molested as a child by both men and women.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

oh have enough money, it's amazing what you can buy... all the penalty will do will make doctors less likely to intervene when there is a real need for that abortion... and read about the women, who died because they were denied a lifesaving abortion even though they would have fallen under the exceptions.

If a woman's life is at real risk, that should be grounds for an abortion - and I don't mean risk that she won't be able to party on Saturday nights for a while.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

What you said was idiotic... especially since you said it to me. I was raped and molested as a child by both men and women.

Sorry to hear that but if you want to get into it I'll meet you in the Pit. This isn't the venue for insults.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And this means you get to decide how another rape victim deals with the outcome...why?

Edit: Look, I'm sorry to come off as harsh about this, but you have no say in a rape victim's abortion. NONE. I don't care what was done to you, it doesn't make you the be all, end all authority on anything.
edit on 5/5/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

so wasn't I and I would say that it's a whole different matter. the psychological effects entirely different.
a young child who was molested might have these quirks resulting from such abuse without really knowing why...
where as, an adult rape victim will also have some quirks but at least understand where they came from...
ain't saying one experience is worse than the other, only that they are different and pose different problems.
but if you are against the exemptions in this law, then you must be all for making that young child of 9, 10, 11, 12, or whatever age victim of such an abuse continue with the pregnancy...
at least with me, my mind totally wiped out much of the memory of what was done for a greater part of my life. if I had had to go through with carrying a baby to term, think that would have eliminated any chance of the amnesia...

and, well, who's to say weather it's better or have the quirks and wonder why you have them or having the memory of the experience with more added onto it... like giving birth to a baby only to have it taken away because your a child yourself..along with the quirks?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You know I have to say.

This topic for me is one of the few that I have a really hard time with, and am genuinely conflicted......

I went through a period of my life where I was staunchly Anti-Abortion....and as ive gotten older my views have evolved.

I still believe in the sanctity of life of children and babies......I still believe killing them is wrong.....

But on the other hand I believe in the womans right to choose and make those decisions for themselves.

I dont know what the solution is, I really dont.....I dont know that there is a hard and fast answer, and with all the possibilities that COULD happen, and circumstances whose to say.

LoL is it bad to say I dont know how I feel about this issue?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
You know I have to say.

This topic for me is one of the few that I have a really hard time with, and am genuinely conflicted......

I went through a period of my life where I was staunchly Anti-Abortion....and as ive gotten older my views have evolved.

I still believe in the sanctity of life of children and babies......I still believe killing them is wrong.....

But on the other hand I believe in the womans right to choose and make those decisions for themselves.

Same here. Exactly.

I dont know what the solution is, I really dont.....I dont know that there is a hard and fast answer, and with all the possibilities that COULD happen, and circumstances whose to say.

I think a big step would be for us to mind our own business. Most of the problems we have are people trying to project their beliefs on others.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

hmm... but would the idea that the doctor would have to go through all the medical records and try to justify it to a board or group of judges who may, or may not see things differently effect his decisions on the matter?
I kind of think that if you look at other countries that have the strict laws even with the exemptions, it does...
and well, we end up with the horror stories.
blind women, dead women, women trying to raise kids with damaged organs... ect..

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
You know I have to say.

You and my husband have the same fence-straddling views. His solution (if you want to call it that) is to remember it's a case by case thing. No two reasons for aborting or keeping are the same, and he is in no position to judge someone he does not know for their choice & reasons for it. Where one choice could be the one that sets everything right for them, the same choice applied to someone else could destroy them. It's not one-size-fits-all, it's very individual and varied.
In his opinion, the only abortions that should impact someone is ones with your own DNA. If it does not involve your procreation donation, you have no grounds to speak.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

What was the penalty for performing illegal abortions back in the day? I bet if doctors are subjected to being charged with murder you'd be hard pressed to find one willing to do the procedure.

No. Then they would end up looking for Dr Nick:

Backroom abortions are not a viable option but the desperate would seek them out.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think a big step would be for us to mind our own business. Most of the problems we have are people trying to project their beliefs on others.

I think this is the key right here, people now days spend too much time making other peoples affairs their own personal crusade....

As a conservative libertarian..........I say as long as it isnt harming me or mine, or infringing on our rights, you do you.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

A fetus is a group of cells with potential to become a LIVING human.

It is NOT a living human.

I can attest to that because I pullled my 4th month spontaneous aborted fetus out of the toilet.

It was NOT a LIVING CHILD.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
And this means you get to decide how another rape victim deals with the outcome...why?

Could you at least try to follow the conversation please? #ContextMatters

And no, I don't think it gives me the right to decide anything for anyone, but I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else... raped or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join