It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The Boy Scouts will become known as Scouts BSA in 2019, when the first girls will be admitted to the programme.

The name of the parent organisation, as well as the programme for younger children, Cub Scouts, will not change.

The group's board of directors unanimously voted to open the century-old club to all children in October.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

It looks like with the announcement of letting girls into the boy scouts, the BSA is changing its name to Scouts BSA so as to have a more inclusive name. The Cub Scouts's name will not change though. Makes sense to me. If you are going to let girls into the club then calling it "Boy Scouts" still would just create problems.

Also, I see nothing wrong with girls learning outdoor survival and camping tips. There are things I learned in the Scouts I use to this day when I go camping at outdoor festivals. Things like firebuilding, open fire cooking, how to deploy a tent properly and more all come in handy.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They should have just created an organization and called it "Girl Scouts". instead of changing the Boy Scouts.

Just my opinion.

+17 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Do boys get to join girls scouts now?
It's only fair if boys want to sell cookies.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

So what happens to the GIRL scouts? Do boy scouts get to sell cookies now?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They should have just created an organization and called it "Girl Scouts". instead of changing the Boy Scouts.

Just my opinion.

Should boys have to enroll in Girl Scouts just to participate in a cookie selling pyramid scheme?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Girls Scouts of America is a totally separate organization, ran by different people. It's up to them on if they want to include boys or not. Just because Boy Scouts is changing doesn't mean that the Girl Scouts have to. It would be preferable if they did, but that is the GSA's decision to make and their's alone.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just my opinion.

Should boys have to enroll in Girl Scouts just to participate in a cookie selling pyramid scheme?

I wasn't aware that they wanted to.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ben Shapiro points out how absurd this is.

Start with how racist the new name is. "Scouts" is cultural appropriation. In P.C. terms doesn'tthis offend Native Americans?
Shouldn't they drop the "scouts" part instead and just call it "boys"? reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Girls Scouts of America is a totally separate organization, ran by different people. It's up to them on if they want to include boys or not. Just because Boy Scouts is changing doesn't mean that the Girl Scouts have to. It would be preferable if they did, but that is the GSA's decision to make and their's alone.

I think the real problem ther is that Girl Scouts isn’t much of a “scouting” organization,

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
So instead of making the GIRL scouts offer more activities like camping and survival, we are going to force the boy scouts to admit girls.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
So instead of making the GIRL scouts offer more activities like camping and survival, we are going to force the boy scouts to admit girls.

“Force”?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

This too. From what I've read up about the organization is that its really just a social club for young girls instead of a club to learn camping and survival techniques.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

When do you think they will change the colors of their uniforms ??

Maybe they will change from that chicken crap brown to say, something more like a great big rainbow.

Next the Girls Scouts should just merge with them and make "everything" even more inclusive. Of course, some of the members might object to having the girls around.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Ben Shapiro points out how absurd this is.

Start with how racist the new name is. "Scouts" is cultural appropriation. In P.C. terms doesn'tthis offend Native Americans?
Shouldn't they drop the "scouts" part instead and just call it "boys"? reply to: Krazysh0t

None of this makes any sense. They've always been called Scouts. You should probably stop listening to Ben Shapiro.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Who is forcing them to do this? Everything I've read on the matter suggests this is a voluntary change the BSA is making. Got a source that suggests they were forced to make the change?

link   

This too. From what I've read up about the organization is that its really just a social club for young girls instead of a club to learn camping and survival techniques.

I seriously fail to see a problem, Girl Scouts wasn’t filling a demand, and Boy Scouts is accommodating that demand.

link   
I think they are trying to be more inclusive with choosing the leaders. This way if you allow girls there is a more diverse range of scout leaders. I am sure not everyone who wants to be a scout leader is gay. I am certain there is some hetero scout leaders out there.

+7 more 
link   

Who is forcing them to do this? Everything I've read on the matter suggests this is a voluntary change the BSA is making. Got a source that suggests they were forced to make the change?

You don't think that pressure from the PC police had anything to do with the decision?

link   

Exactly. Capitalism at work.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

You don't think that pressure from the PC police had anything to do with the decision?

Nope. But you are welcome to prove me wrong with an actual source instead of your biases.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join