It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Scouts of America agree 'inclusive' name change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
I think they are trying to be more inclusive with choosing the leaders. This way if you allow girls there is a more diverse range of scout leaders. I am sure not everyone who wants to be a scout leader is gay. I am certain there is some hetero scout leaders out there.
a reply to: eNumbra

Uh, what?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
You don't think that pressure from the PC police had anything to do with the decision?

Probably more to do with financial pressure. While this is purely anecdotal I don't know anyone of my friend's kids that are Scouts, boy or girl. I think it has to do more with changing social activities and trying to take advantage of half the potential population to bolster a flagging membership.

I'd say it was a smart move on the Boy Scouts as now the Girl Scouts will lose membership since they dont offer the same activities.

edit on 3-5-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Ben Shapiro points out how absurd this is.

Start with how racist the new name is. "Scouts" is cultural appropriation. In P.C. terms doesn'tthis offend Native Americans?
Shouldn't they drop the "scouts" part instead and just call it "boys"? reply to: Krazysh0t

And how is "scout" anything like "cultural appropriation" ?? The term scout is in reference to one who goes ahead to find the way. I don't think I know of any culture who carried the name of scout. He must be thinking of the "indian scouts" who worked with the U S Calvary. This come from watching too many cowboy movies.
There were also a lot of "white guy scouts" too. you know like old Dan Boone and that Crockett fellow.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh........oh, yea, now I get it. GSA hasn't admitted boys because its for girls that prefer girls to boys; the BSA has admitted girls to accomodate girls who prefer boys to girls.

But what about the .03% of boys that want to be girls and the .03% of girls that want to be boys? So will GSA be forced to admit transgendered and the BSA be forced to admit girls who want to be boys.

Or maybe they need a new group, TSA, Transgendered Scouts of America!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Why not simply scouts of America? Scouts BSA is not really a change unless the B stands for something other than boys? I agree with poster above, the organizations should have simply joined. Providing a balance of activities that both genders would find adventurous and educational.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Oh........oh, yea, now I get it. GSA hasn't admitted boys because its for girls that prefer girls to boys; the BSA has admitted girls to accomodate girls who prefer boys to girls.

But what about the .03% of boys that want to be girls and the .03% of girls that want to be boys? So will GSA be forced to admit transgendered and the BSA be forced to admit girls who want to be boys.

Or maybe they need a new group, TSA, Transgendered Scouts of America!

Or maybe you are being ridiculous right now?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Ah, come on, you know the white guy scouts were oppressors out to thieve from and kill the native occupants; they werent scouts, they were shock troops of advancing Imperialists!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Lord Robert Baden-Powell will be turning in his grave.

link   

Clear as day, kids are wielding the "Force" in order to make them comply with their demands. In this case, the girl scouts look suspicious to say the least. It's domestic terror at this point and we'll have to do something about this Personal Computing crowd!

Funny ride, good catch. A disgusting attack on the more patristic family values, shame! Shame!

link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The Girl Scouts really don't like this idea at all. So there will be no joining of the two organizations until they come around.
Girl Scouts Of The USA Criticizes Boy Scouts’ Decision To Let Girls Join

link   
Wermens need to know how to tie knots and make macaroni art, too.
People scouts?
Any damned fool can make cookies and make folks have a guilt trip for not buying them, even if they don't want them.
Earned my Eagle badge.
Learn how to build a fire?
Hell...I knew how to make bombs.
edit on 3-5-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hey man, I was both cubscout and a boyscout. I made to "Life". I regret not working harder to become an Eagle.
And I can testify none of my scoutmasters ever abused me or made a pass at me, honest (and I am a boyscout, or was).
But I understand how the times, they are-a-changin. Ce-la-vie

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hey man, I was both cubscout and a boyscout. I made to "Life". I regret not working harder to become an Eagle.
And I can testify none of my scoutmasters ever abused me or made a pass at me, honest (and I am a boyscout, or was).
But I understand how the times, they are-a-changin. Ce-la-vie

Ok, just didn’t understand what, if anything, that previous post had to do with.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The Girl Scouts really don't like this idea at all. So there will be no joining of the two organizations until they come around.

Kind of confirms what I said above, it's a financial move, all your girlz belongz to us.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Or maybe I am just ahead of my time!

Or behind it. My wife wanted to join the BSA because she really likes the boys. She still does! You should see how she acts around sailors at NOLA Navy week!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
To be fair, I wanted to join a sorority in college.

Something about the group showers. . . . .
edit on 3-5-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Kind of confirms what I said above, it's a financial move, all your girlz belongz to us.

Woah, woah, August... belong? That’s awfully objectifying.
“All you girls are welcome to come with us” would be more appropriate.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Merging honestly makes more sense than any of the actions so far.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Makes sense to me.

link   
Because from beginning to end the boy scouts are refering to Indians. Arrowheads and and stuff.

We used to go camping once a month. We had a great boyscout troop and troopleader.a reply to: tinymind

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join