It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

It did become meaningless. Now we have a chance to make it matter again.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The Great Triggering has begun!!!

Mark your calendars, folks! A new Age is upon us. All year references henceforth will be referenced to the "GT", as in 'BT' (Before Triggering) and 'AT' (After Triggering).

Awesomeness!

ETA...all you Wikipedia editors, get your fingers warmed up! It's spelled "T.H.E. (space) G.R.E.A.T. (space) T.R.I.G.G.E.R.I.N.G"

LOL!
edit on 5/3/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

By all accounts he's not in the running this year. The Nobel Prize Committee accepts nominations between September and February. Apparently Trump did get nominated this year, but it turns out it was a fake nomination.

But you are right. There probably will be a Great Triggering when October comes and Trump is not announced as the Nobel Peace Prize recipient.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh dear, ATS counting their chickens before they've hatched... It's a kind of shell game, let's revisit this issue in 2023.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If he actually wins it......imagine the reactions.....just like the election reactions, and because of that I want him to win it.

The reactions will be oh so worth it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Good point.

(about the nomination time-frame).

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Obama?

I thought the inconvenient truth about the Nobel Peace Prize being forever sullied was when it was awarded to the narrator of a documentary chock full of bad science that if its edicts were followed would make living conditions harsher for all people worldwide regardless of their position on the economic scale...conditions that make war, famine, crime and just plain old strife inevitable...in other words the antithesis of peace.

Obama ruined it? Who knew?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Has a president ever received that prize in prison... asking for a friend.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: dug88

Look you don't like everything that the US has it's hands in, that's fine. Go checkout any disaster in the world and see who responded first and with most resources. Have an issue with the US, go look at pretty much every piece of tech you own and ask yourself what it would look like without the US being involved. All you and a lot of other people do is complain about how the US is everywhere, doing everything, but what I don't see is those people going through all their stuff and get rid of everything that was made possible because of the US.

My point is before you start to complain about the US, go look at everything the US has given you because of the culture that we foster here, or carry on and only look at the bad stuff. Just remember though without the US think about how bad those little issues that the world has would be?

Lol hmmmm well my phone was made in Korea, my computer was made in Japan, the majority of things I own were.made in China or india. Where does the us come into this?

Oh right you guys just killed net neutrality in your country. You just made website owners responsible for content hosted on their website. Currently the USA is not leading the world in scientific research, technological advancement or industry. Just what am I suppose to be thankful to the USA for? That oil from my country is sent across the border only to turn around, cross back and I have to pay an extra dollar more for 'imported gas' despite all said gas being produced and refined in my country because 'free trade'. That American companies are trying to force a pipeline through my province so they can profit while my home is polluted and destroyed? That you put tariffs on our lumber while forcing your NAFTA bull# on us? That I have to pay more for electricity because we ship 'excess' power across the border?

Seriously # you and # your country.

It all makes sense now. You are one of those morons from BC. Lower Mainland I would guess.

Most useless people in the country behind Quebecers. You don't like the pipeline but I guarantee you've done nothing to eliminate oil products from your life. Get rid of your phone, car, computer, don't eat anything that has to be shipped by plane/train or boat.

Everybody needs to ignore this far left extremist. Seriously these types are the same as America's far left idiots that think the world can run on rainbows and lollipops.

Hmmm....actually we should stop shipping oil down to america. If we didn't do this we wouldn't need an American pipelline. I love all the assumptions made in your post. Im not against oil. Im against a pipeline no one needs or wants. There's more oil in Canada then America why the # do we need to import it? It's some bull#. That # is going literally past my home and will go to the ocean I fish from, swim in and live nearby. Would you be stoked.if some foreign company was going to do this to your home?

It's not that I hate oil....I do kind of hate being charged $1.60/L of gas when oil is 60¢ a barrel. The only reason this is happening is because of this pipeline.

Why when I live next to a province that produces enough oil for the entire country am I paying to ship said oil from Alberta to America then paying for a pipeline to ship it through British Columbia to the ocean l? How does not wanting such an idiotic thing make me an extreme leftist? Why should I want my country's oil exports to be the same as it's imports? When those imports are the exact same product we exported?

Im not an extremist Lefty at all. I just don't like having to buy the resources of my own country back from America...it's not beneficial to Canada.
We don't make money off this. We don't benefit from this. American companies do. But I guess cause im not pro American business making money off of my country I must be a Lefty extremist?

Glad you know me so well

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Gawd, I so LOVE honest answers! Getting the bottom of the issue is so refreshing!

For the record, that was a pretty good response.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well, there's that too.

Yeah, the Nobel "Peace" prize is pretty much just a hollow trophy anymore. It's all about politics, and nothing about 'peace'.

Too bad, it casts shade on the whole Nobel Prize process, frankly, and that's wrong.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As happy as I am about this happening, I still believe he should turn it down. Obama being given the award for nothing completely kills its legitimacy altogether.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Obama?

I thought the inconvenient truth about the Nobel Peace Prize being forever sullied was when it was awarded to the narrator of a documentary chock full of bad science that if its edicts were followed would make living conditions harsher for all people worldwide regardless of their position on the economic scale...conditions that make war, famine, crime and just plain old strife inevitable...in other words the antithesis of peace.

Obama ruined it? Who knew?

Obama ruined it.... what possibly bad reason can anybody come up with as to why he would deserve one? I'll be dead honest here, I dont believe anybody in politics deserves a gosh darn Nobel Peace Prize and I sure as heck dont think somebody deserves it just because their skin color happens to be different than the last crappy President. I'm still unsure as to why Trumps getting nominated so soon... But if he keeps doing what hes doing I'll stay on board. Have a good day friend

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andyr1112

Boy, wouldn't that be a class move!!!

He'd freaking walk on water if he did that, and say turned it down in favor of someone who truly espouses nothing but true peace (i.e. NOT a politician).

Candidly, a sitting president or other senior political figure should never be eligible for a Nobel Peace Prize. It's a complete dichotomy when you think about it. No country is completely peaceful, and leaders of countries have to do some pretty unsavory things, hence none of them are truly eligible.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: MiddleInsite

What did Obama do to justify a Nobel peace prize?

Married a chic that so arrogant she thinks shes the first lady forever.

No joke.

She's vile. Obama and that manly looking thing have done nothing but disrespect the code of office ever since they left. Disgusting things.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Look you don't like everything that the US has it's hands in, that's fine. Go checkout any disaster in the world and see who responded first and with most resources. Have an issue with the US, go look at pretty much every piece of tech you own and ask yourself what it would look like without the US being involved. All you and a lot of other people do is complain about how the US is everywhere, doing everything, but what I don't see is those people going through all their stuff and get rid of everything that was made possible because of the US.

My point is before you start to complain about the US, go look at everything the US has given you because of the culture that we foster here, or carry on and only look at the bad stuff. Just remember though without the US think about how bad those little issues that the world has would be?

Lol hmmmm well my phone was made in Korea, my computer was made in Japan, the majority of things I own were.made in China or india. Where does the us come into this?

Oh right you guys just killed net neutrality in your country. You just made website owners responsible for content hosted on their website. Currently the USA is not leading the world in scientific research, technological advancement or industry. Just what am I suppose to be thankful to the USA for? That oil from my country is sent across the border only to turn around, cross back and I have to pay an extra dollar more for 'imported gas' despite all said gas being produced and refined in my country because 'free trade'. That American companies are trying to force a pipeline through my province so they can profit while my home is polluted and destroyed? That you put tariffs on our lumber while forcing your NAFTA bull# on us? That I have to pay more for electricity because we ship 'excess' power across the border?

Seriously # you and # your country.

It all makes sense now. You are one of those morons from BC. Lower Mainland I would guess.

Most useless people in the country behind Quebecers. You don't like the pipeline but I guarantee you've done nothing to eliminate oil products from your life. Get rid of your phone, car, computer, don't eat anything that has to be shipped by plane/train or boat.

Everybody needs to ignore this far left extremist. Seriously these types are the same as America's far left idiots that think the world can run on rainbows and lollipops.

Hmmm....actually we should stop shipping oil down to america. If we didn't do this we wouldn't need an American pipelline. I love all the assumptions made in your post. Im not against oil. Im against a pipeline no one needs or wants. There's more oil in Canada then America why the # do we need to import it? It's some bull#. That # is going literally past my home and will go to the ocean I fish from, swim in and live nearby. Would you be stoked.if some foreign company was going to do this to your home?

It's not that I hate oil....I do kind of hate being charged $1.60/L of gas when oil is 60¢ a barrel. The only reason this is happening is because of this pipeline.

Why when I live next to a province that produces enough oil for the entire country am I paying to ship said oil from Alberta to America then paying for a pipeline to ship it through British Columbia to the ocean l? How does not wanting such an idiotic thing make me an extreme leftist? Why should I want my country's oil exports to be the same as it's imports? When those imports are the exact same product we exported?

Im not an extremist Lefty at all. I just don't like having to buy the resources of my own country back from America...it's not beneficial to Canada.
We don't make money off this. We don't benefit from this. American companies do. But I guess cause im not pro American business making money off of my country I must be a Lefty extremist?

Glad you know me so well

If you re--read your post, it sure sounds like you live in a screwed up place with some awful leadership. You should move to the USA where we don't have issues like that. Or, you could stay where you are, and bitch.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don’t know. If you consider the whole thing started because a French newspaper confused Alfred for his brother Ludvig (who had died) in their obituary by stating that the Merchant of Death had died; puts the whole thing in perspective.

It is after all just one man’s inspiration to not look like a total chump for forever changing conventional warfare by inventing smokeless gunpowder, cordite, dynamite and other explosive ordnance. Family still kept the huge fortune his inventions gained though.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
But...but...Hillary.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Better choice than bathhouse Barry Obombya.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I still think that the prize was diminished greatly in its meaning the day they gave it to Obama for essentially nothing.

Anyway - more winning...........

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join