It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LairdTK2
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'm not actually interested in what Trump has or hasn't done... no one should be nominated for the peace prize by threatening to kill thousands with the most destructive weapons in extistence

That isn't a peacful act ... it is a threat of greater aggression!

Krazy Kim has actually acted more peaceful by standing down...

A peace prize should be awarded for peaceful actions that is all im pointing out

The guy launching missles over Japan is more peaceful than the guy who said words?

You people are so delusional it's beyond understanding. You are the type of fella that would cry about all the doctors put out of work if Trump cured cancer.

TDS in full effect.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: dug88

America wouldn't be winning the peace prize...Trump would be and he has done more for peace than any President since the Korean War began. I know it would hurt, but what did Obama do to win it other than being born black?

At what point did I agree Obama should've gotten one either? Pretty sure I mentioned how zero us presidents really deserve one.

I just don't feel the leader of the biggest warmongering nation on the planet deserves one period. I mean how many wars are you still currently engaged in? Maybe if trump returned every single one of your soldiers to america and shut down America's foreign military bases I'd agree he deserves it but as the leader of your country he continues to perpetuate America's foreign occupation of other countries.

I think you all need to look up the definition of peace. I just feel like someone receiving the Nobel peace prize should have brought about peace in some way. Continuing wars is kinda the opposite of that.

I actually agree with this. Trump should bring the troops home from Europe immediately. That should be step one. Abandon Europe to the Russians and the Muslim hordes. Once the useless Europeans realize the only reason they've been able to build those societies is because of the American taxpayer and military they'll be crying in their beer.

As the Muslim horde invades through Turkey and Russian armour starts pounding European capitals we'll be sitting over here in N.America laughing our selves to death.

Next step: abandon the middle East and after that Asia. Build Fortess N.America. Reposition troops at the Southern border and close it off completely.

And sit back and listen to the whining coming from Europe as they slowly (because they're stupid) come to realize that the only reason their country's had the Standard of living they did was because of the American military that they've spent the last 60 years whining about.

Sounds like a fantastic plan IMO.

At some point during all this cut off every cent of foreign aid to Africa, Asia and Europe. Not one penny to foreign aid. Not one.

Eliminate all funding to the UN and kick the UN out of New York. After that demolish the UN building and build something awesome on the wreckage.

With all of this saved money the US can invest it into military R&D and the space program.

I'm really diggingnthis plan actually. I would love for that to happen. Between Canada and the USA there is everything we need on this continent.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
They couldn't get a SINGLE Democrat to sign on to this - did they even ask anyone?

Nominating the head of your own party for something like this is ridiculous.

Donald Trump himself claims "What did I have to do with peace? Only EVERYTHING"

Er, South Korea, China, and Russia might all have something to say about that. Claiming 100% of the credit for peace w North Norea is typical snake oil salesman Donald Trump on full display.

He thinks a few days of name calling on twitter was enough to get Kim Jong Un to come to peace talks?

Er, Kim Jong Un himself might have a few things to say about that, and it remains to be seen if this is actually a real thing. If it isn't, Trump will have MASSIVE egg on his face.

Do you have a link for any of this or is it just a byproduct of your feverish wet dreams?

When did trump claim he is solely responsible? If you say something like that best provide a link kiddo.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Lol hmmmm well my phone was made in Korea, my computer was made in Japan, the majority of things I own were.made in China or india. Where does the us come into this?

Yep, made else where, but invented in the US. So take your anti-American attitude, and think about what you're saying before you type. Go check out exactly what was invented in America, and what America has done for the benefit of the world. Sure you might use the excuse of, "It's all about profit", but in the end you're still sitting there in front of a computer that was made possible by efforts that the US has made to advance the tech.

Weird part about this whole thing is, you still haven't made much of a case for Trump not to get the Peace Prize. One of the two parties at war have stated that Trump deserves it, and the other side is only working for peace because of what Trump has done. So what's your argument for him not getting one?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: xuenchen
Unlike Obama, who oversaw the destruction of an additional three new nations during his reign, Trump has not actually initiated a single new campaign. He simply delegated to the military to finish what was started before him. On the flip side, it is thanks to Donald Trump that the North Korean leader finally had enough fear put into him to finally negotiate a peace settlement with their southern cousins.

It is for these reasons, I sincerely believe that Donal Trump is able to legitimately claim this award.

Really?? Sometimes I wonder if I live in the same world as other people.

I'm just not even gonna bother...what's the point?

Sometimes, I really wish I could be that delusional. I'd probably be happier.

Great.. while you are at it dont bother with needless, ridiculous replies.
Dont worry, Pelosi, Clinton and Pocahontas will be along soon to reassure you of your wet dreams.... and that tax increase

Lol like idiotic responses like that? Yup im just sitting around for your politicians and a long dead native to reassure me of my wet dreams. Do you people actually think at all any more or do you just spout whatever stupid # happens to pop into your head at the time?

I could give a # which idiot you people vote in for your presidency. America's been run by the military and corporations for years.

I really miss the days when this site was about denying ignorance instead of a big #ing circle jerk seeing who can say the stupidest #.

I just can't understand what it is about Americans that makes them think they're the center of the world and that everything revolves around them and their politics. You guys are only 300 million or so people out of 7 billion. You're not even close to the majority of the world let alone the center of it. You guys may cause the most # in the world but it hardly revolves around you. You'd think people who frequent a website whose motto is to deny ignorance would understand that. But this thread and just about everything to do with America on here is full of some of the most ignorant and arrogant # i've ever read.

I always used to think the media exaggerated just how utterly ridiculous people are there. The last year and a half of people on ATS has shown me of anything it's the opposite.

Would like some cheese with that whine? For someone that doesn't care you sure seem to have a lot to say.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Pretty sure the United States population is above 300million... while I do think they revolve a little around themselves a bit, you cant deny their economy, technology, media, military and western way of life dominates the world for the better. I mean, imagine if China was the superpower.

See this right here...that....no..it really doesn't. You seem to think your culture and way of life dominate the world...they don't...you try and push that # on the world it's true. The only part of that that's accurate is your military. Your economy is a joke. How many of those 300 million people actually have a decent quality of life?

American culture is not the culture of the rest of the world. It's not even the culture of your two closest neighbours. Canada and Mexico are actually fairly different than America in many ways. Going down to america was like going into some back ass third world country. I mean all i know is we donmt have hundreds of miles of nothing but anti-meth and suicide billboards interspersed with towns of multiple churches and fastfood places and a gas station. The rest of the world is fairly different too. This is what bugs me. The complete and total ignorance to the rest of the world.

There's not really much excuse for it...it's pretty easy to interact with people from other places in the world these days. Maybe try it and you'd see for yourself just how different other places are to you.

You guys all need a healthy attitude adjustment and to really understand most of the world would be better off without America's influence and you guys need to fix your own problems before continuing to try and dominate the world. Because the world has gone past you guys while you sit here and argue about inane bull# and Pat yourselves on the the back for being so great.

Maybe also take a look at the history of things America has done to the world and you'd maybe understand why many many people would really rather if America would just # right off. You guys really aren't the saviours and heroes you think you are. You guys are an evil empire oppressing the world.

As a Canadian I can safely say that your ridiculous claim is just that. Ridiculous. We have far more in common with the US than not.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Look you don't like everything that the US has it's hands in, that's fine. Go checkout any disaster in the world and see who responded first and with most resources. Have an issue with the US, go look at pretty much every piece of tech you own and ask yourself what it would look like without the US being involved. All you and a lot of other people do is complain about how the US is everywhere, doing everything, but what I don't see is those people going through all their stuff and get rid of everything that was made possible because of the US.

My point is before you start to complain about the US, go look at everything the US has given you because of the culture that we foster here, or carry on and only look at the bad stuff. Just remember though without the US think about how bad those little issues that the world has would be?

Lol hmmmm well my phone was made in Korea, my computer was made in Japan, the majority of things I own were.made in China or india. Where does the us come into this?

Oh right you guys just killed net neutrality in your country. You just made website owners responsible for content hosted on their website. Currently the USA is not leading the world in scientific research, technological advancement or industry. Just what am I suppose to be thankful to the USA for? That oil from my country is sent across the border only to turn around, cross back and I have to pay an extra dollar more for 'imported gas' despite all said gas being produced and refined in my country because 'free trade'. That American companies are trying to force a pipeline through my province so they can profit while my home is polluted and destroyed? That you put tariffs on our lumber while forcing your NAFTA bull# on us? That I have to pay more for electricity because we ship 'excess' power across the border?

Seriously # you and # your country.

It all makes sense now. You are one of those morons from BC. Lower Mainland I would guess.

Most useless people in the country behind Quebecers. You don't like the pipeline but I guarantee you've done nothing to eliminate oil products from your life. Get rid of your phone, car, computer, don't eat anything that has to be shipped by plane/train or boat.

Everybody needs to ignore this far left extremist. Seriously these types are the same as America's far left idiots that think the world can run on rainbows and lollipops.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

If Obama can get it for nothing then so can Trump or anyone else. The prize lost its credibility in my eyes when Obama was awarded it and my opinion hasn't changed.

This is nothing to brag about in the least yet there are some who were trashing it not that long ago who will act like it being given to Trump is validation of his greatness. They're hypocrites.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sadly it's been pointless for a while now. I just think it's funny how people thought that Obama deserved it for doing nothing, and Trump doesn't because of whatever reason. Personally I think this has more to do with the whole Victim/offended mindset people like to portray having these days. Nothing good will come of this age of victimhood, but people really seem to buy into it like a drug. This situation of Trump getting a Peace Prize
is just the latest thing that they are being "Victimized/Offended" over. When the hype dies down it will be something else. What a sad state of affairs we have arrived into.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Yep, made else where, but invented in the US. So take your anti-American attitude, and think about what you're saying before you type. Go check out exactly what was invented in America, and what America has done for the benefit of the world. Sure you might use the excuse of, "It's all about profit", but in the end you're still sitting there in front of a computer that was made possible by efforts that the US has made to advance the tech.

Weird part about this whole thing is, you still haven't made much of a case for Trump not to get the Peace Prize. One of the two parties at war have stated that Trump deserves it, and the other side is only working for peace because of what Trump has done. So what's your argument for him not getting one?

It doesn't care. It already outed itself as a useless far left extremist from (most likely the Vancouver area/maybe Van Island) BC, Canada.

These people are so delusional and off the wall with their utopian, pie in the sky idiocy that they can't be talked with much less reasoned with.

I've dealt with these mongs my whole life. You'd have better luck trying to have a civil conversation with Antifa. These guys are our Antifa. The difference between your Antifa and ours is that these mongs are too stoned and lazy to actually get out of their mom's basement and do something.

They'll just spout off and whine and cry about evil America never stopping to realize that their entire way of life and fat 1st world living is due entirely to the USA.

I'm a Canadian but nothing like that uneducated group of fools.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Carcharadon because: Spelling

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Crayons are being squashed in frenzied doodles.
Hugging closets are overflowing.
Safe spaces bursting at the seams.
There are not enough Depends adult diapers to go around.

The magnitude of this winning by Trump is YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Seriously # you and # your country

are you still distressed because we have lord stanleys cup and you canucks cant win it back?

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
alright alright...trumpets...pull up your pants, put the lotion away and dispose of used kleenex...he was just nominated and the is no guarantee he will get it.

I doubt he will but you never know.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Then the Nobel for Trump is just as meaningless as Obama's prize.

Don't get me wrong, if he can pull a peace deal out of the Korean peninsula, then I would think he deserved it.

But he hasn't yet.

So far, it's just talk. And the prize for just talking is a Pulitzer, or an Oscar, or an Emmy.

I say wait for results, not promises.

Political promises have as much weight and value as a Taco Bell fart.

I agree and apologize for any trouble that may cause for you.

Obama's peace prize was completely empty and Obama even hinted at just that in his acceptance speech. The Nobel PP is a political award. It does not indicate the recipient actually did anything to bring about peace.

If it is important to people, give the PP to Trump. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. But if he did not play a huge role in pushing towards peace, it seems like nothing more than a participation award.

even better than him winning the award, will be the part where you and your band of haters will have to admit that Trump did in fact contribute to an end to the Korean war and helped bring peace to the Korean peninsula. If it transpires, there won't be many options.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I think they know when September is. I think they either don't know that the Nobel Prize Committee only accepts nominations between September and February; or they do know that and they just don't care. They just want the immediate political points for pretty much doing nothing.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Meanwhile as Trump gets nominated for brokering peace in NK (supposedly) we are bombing the hell out of Syria and on the brink of war based on Trump's decision in that part of the world. How can you be nominated for a "peace" prize while at the same time ordering the bombing of countries? Seems a bit hypocritical of the committee doesn't it? Or maybe they're ignorant.

LOL, you can't make this # up. NEVER CHANGE. you make me smile.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I think they know when September is. I think they either don't know that the Nobel Prize Committee only accepts nominations between September and February; or they do know that and they just don't care. They just want the immediate political points for pretty much doing nothing.

What if........Trump was already on the short list?

boom.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Why would he already be on the shortlist? What has he done between his inauguration and March to foster peace?

Furthermore, he may not have even been nominated. Apparently his nomination this year, much like the last time he was "nominated," was fake. The committee checked with the person who supposedly nominated him and they said that they didn't do it.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

LOL, I really don't GAF, but just the thought of him winning and making the left get all crazy is enough to make me smile.
It would be poetic justice after how the MSM has treated him.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And it's that kind of mentality that is ruining this country. You don't care whether or not something is right or wrong. You just care that it pisses off the other side.

Don't get me wrong though, it's not just one side that's guilty of doing this. They both are. Politics in this country has become less about doing what's best for the country and more about what team scores the most points.

The Founding Fathers warned us about having political parties and this is the exact reason why.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join