It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans nominate Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: xuenchen
Unlike Obama, who oversaw the destruction of an additional three new nations during his reign, Trump has not actually initiated a single new campaign. He simply delegated to the military to finish what was started before him. On the flip side, it is thanks to Donald Trump that the North Korean leader finally had enough fear put into him to finally negotiate a peace settlement with their southern cousins.

It is for these reasons, I sincerely believe that Donal Trump is able to legitimately claim this award.

Really?? Sometimes I wonder if I live in the same world as other people.

I'm just not even gonna bother...what's the point?

Sometimes, I really wish I could be that delusional. I'd probably be happier.

Great.. while you are at it dont bother with needless, ridiculous replies.
Dont worry, Pelosi, Clinton and Pocahontas will be along soon to reassure you of your wet dreams.... and that tax increase

Lol like idiotic responses like that? Yup im just sitting around for your politicians and a long dead native to reassure me of my wet dreams. Do you people actually think at all any more or do you just spout whatever stupid # happens to pop into your head at the time?

I could give a # which idiot you people vote in for your presidency. America's been run by the military and corporations for years.

I really miss the days when this site was about denying ignorance instead of a big #ing circle jerk seeing who can say the stupidest #.

I just can't understand what it is about Americans that makes them think they're the center of the world and that everything revolves around them and their politics. You guys are only 300 million or so people out of 7 billion. You're not even close to the majority of the world let alone the center of it. You guys may cause the most # in the world but it hardly revolves around you. You'd think people who frequent a website whose motto is to deny ignorance would understand that. But this thread and just about everything to do with America on here is full of some of the most ignorant and arrogant # i've ever read.

I always used to think the media exaggerated just how utterly ridiculous people are there. The last year and a half of people on ATS has shown me of anything it's the opposite.

edit on 2/5/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It does seem pretty partisan for a bunch of republican congressmen to call for his nomination. I personally wish they didn't. It gives his detractors some ammo.

You may have missed this but Trump was asked by a reporter if he thinks he deserves the Nobel peace prize. Trump answered "Peace is the prize. I just want to get it done."

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It does seem pretty partisan for a bunch of republican congressmen to call for his nomination. I personally wish they didn't. It gives his detractors some ammo.

You may have missed this but Trump was asked by a reporter if he thinks he deserves the Nobel peace prize. Trump answered "Peace is the prize. I just want to get it done."

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I really wish you had of read my previous reply
''Great.. while you are at it dont bother with needless, ridiculous replies.''

You dont have to agree with people, or even want to try to understand their point of view.. but you dont need to be a jerk about it.

I just can't understand what it is about Americans that makes them think they're the center of the world and that everything revolves around them and their politics. You guys are only 120 million or so people out of 7 billion

Pretty sure the United States population is above 300million... while I do think they revolve a little around themselves a bit, you cant deny their economy, technology, media, military and western way of life dominates the world for the better. I mean, imagine if China was the superpower.

Less coffee, more understanding and yoga is what you need... and less internet forums it seems!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Pretty sure the United States population is above 300million... while I do think they revolve a little around themselves a bit, you cant deny their economy, technology, media, military and western way of life dominates the world for the better. I mean, imagine if China was the superpower.

See this right here...that....no..it really doesn't. You seem to think your culture and way of life dominate the world...they don't...you try and push that # on the world it's true. The only part of that that's accurate is your military. Your economy is a joke. How many of those 300 million people actually have a decent quality of life?

American culture is not the culture of the rest of the world. It's not even the culture of your two closest neighbours. Canada and Mexico are actually fairly different than America in many ways. Going down to america was like going into some back ass third world country. I mean all i know is we donmt have hundreds of miles of nothing but anti-meth and suicide billboards interspersed with towns of multiple churches and fastfood places and a gas station. The rest of the world is fairly different too. This is what bugs me. The complete and total ignorance to the rest of the world.

There's not really much excuse for it...it's pretty easy to interact with people from other places in the world these days. Maybe try it and you'd see for yourself just how different other places are to you.

You guys all need a healthy attitude adjustment and to really understand most of the world would be better off without America's influence and you guys need to fix your own problems before continuing to try and dominate the world. Because the world has gone past you guys while you sit here and argue about inane bull# and Pat yourselves on the the back for being so great.

Maybe also take a look at the history of things America has done to the world and you'd maybe understand why many many people would really rather if America would just # right off. You guys really aren't the saviours and heroes you think you are. You guys are an evil empire oppressing the world.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

PS Im a kiwi, not American.

the rest of your reply and attitude

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

PS Im a kiwi, not American.

the rest of your reply and attitude

So being from new Zealand im sure you've got tons of first hand experience with American culture you're backing your claims up with right?

How much of America have you seen first hand?
My opinion comes from being within large portions of America personally.

I'm guessing you've personally driven through the endless miles of backwater towns full of god fearing drug addicts? I mean if you can even call a place without a school or grocery store for a hundred miles a town. You've been offered crack in alleyways in American cities? You've been to places that are full of people that can barely form a complete sentence because either their community's so polluted and #ed up or there's literally no schools for a hundred miles, the whole population is retarded? Or the towns that are literally owned by drug companies?

Because as you travel through America these are the sights you'll see through a good 75% of the country.

With a country like that I just really feel like they should do less world policing and more fixing the problems that makes most of America worse than a third world country.

The problem is American's seem to like to deny this is what most of their country is like. I'm not exaggerating these things. This is the real culture.of America that you only see if you go to these places. Even the smallest #tiest town i've been to in my country at least has a school nearby and a place to get food.

I just want America to stop interfering with the world while they have these problems. The rest of the world can deal with itself. It doesn't need America's help and for the most part would be better off without it.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

What? How can the POTUS be nominated after being on the Job?

I thought in order to get nominated you had to first nominate the POTUS before being in office for too long, in order to see if they are worthy of the noble peace prize ?

What next you have to read the bill to understand whats in the Bill?Hell no!! Pass that bill before reading it then see what its all about.

In all seriousness to bad politics has discredited the noble peach prize.

Secondly , not sure I like the neocon being cozy with trump.
edit on 25531America/ChicagoWed, 02 May 2018 20:25:21 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What a pointless, idiotic, gesture. The Nobel Prize nomination process lasts from September to February. So these Congressmen really couldn't have got their timing more wrong.

At this point the committee has their shortlist and are working on narrowing that down to the winner.
edit on 5/2/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Look you don't like everything that the US has it's hands in, that's fine. Go checkout any disaster in the world and see who responded first and with most resources. Have an issue with the US, go look at pretty much every piece of tech you own and ask yourself what it would look like without the US being involved. All you and a lot of other people do is complain about how the US is everywhere, doing everything, but what I don't see is those people going through all their stuff and get rid of everything that was made possible because of the US.

My point is before you start to complain about the US, go look at everything the US has given you because of the culture that we foster here, or carry on and only look at the bad stuff. Just remember though without the US think about how bad those little issues that the world has would be?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
What a pointless, idiotic, gesture. The Nobel Prize nomination process lasts from September to February. So these Congressmen really couldn't have got their timing more wrong.

At this point the committee has their shortlist and are working on narrowing that down to the winner.

Well in all due fairness, the letter does specify 2019 whatever that might mean.

The Letter

🤦‍♀️

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sometimes, I really wish I could be that delusional. I'd probably be happier.
Hillary has it down pat . You might benefit from purchasing her book . A signed copy would probably work best :>)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
Donald Trump a.k.a. spanky, for the Nobel peace , are you serious. There's not enough stupid people on the committee for this to happen. Are house republicans trying to justify there support for this idiot, or simply don't have anything better to do ? If tRump is even considered for this prestigious award, then so should Nixon be.

Thats what I thought , and still think about Barry
Thanks for the reminder....
And , BTW , Congress does not delegate anyone for a Nobel Prize
The Committee does.

edit on 5/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Even if that is the case the nomination process for 2019 doesn't start until September. So, like I said, it's a pointless gesture.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Even if that is the case the nomination process for 2019 doesn't start until September. So, like I said, it's a pointless gesture.

You honestly believe they don't know when September is ?

BwaaaaHaHaHa

The envelope will say do not open till Christmas.

😎✅
edit on May-02-2018 by xuenchen because: 💡

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He was nominated by GOP members, I could nominate my cat, does not mean they'll take it seriously.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

THERE ARE LITERALLY NO BRAKES ON THIS TRAIN!

Trump deserves it, for the first time in a very long time has a president actually delivered on his promises AND MORE!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Look you don't like everything that the US has it's hands in, that's fine. Go checkout any disaster in the world and see who responded first and with most resources. Have an issue with the US, go look at pretty much every piece of tech you own and ask yourself what it would look like without the US being involved. All you and a lot of other people do is complain about how the US is everywhere, doing everything, but what I don't see is those people going through all their stuff and get rid of everything that was made possible because of the US.

My point is before you start to complain about the US, go look at everything the US has given you because of the culture that we foster here, or carry on and only look at the bad stuff. Just remember though without the US think about how bad those little issues that the world has would be?

Lol hmmmm well my phone was made in Korea, my computer was made in Japan, the majority of things I own were.made in China or india. Where does the us come into this?

Oh right you guys just killed net neutrality in your country. You just made website owners responsible for content hosted on their website. Currently the USA is not leading the world in scientific research, technological advancement or industry. Just what am I suppose to be thankful to the USA for? That oil from my country is sent across the border only to turn around, cross back and I have to pay an extra dollar more for 'imported gas' despite all said gas being produced and refined in my country because 'free trade'. That American companies are trying to force a pipeline through my province so they can profit while my home is polluted and destroyed? That you put tariffs on our lumber while forcing your NAFTA bull# on us? That I have to pay more for electricity because we ship 'excess' power across the border?

Seriously # you and # your country.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Uh oh, here come the people who said that the NPP was a joke a few months ago all of a sudden praising the committee and saying what an honor it is.

I remember people on here a few weeks ago saying how they (NPP) had lost its credibility forever because they gave it to Obama. I bet they go back on that statement now.

Meanwhile as Trump gets nominated for brokering peace in NK (supposedly) we are bombing the hell out of Syria and on the brink of war based on Trump's decision in that part of the world. How can you be nominated for a "peace" prize while at the same time ordering the bombing of countries? Seems a bit hypocritical of the committee doesn't it? Or maybe they're ignorant.
edit on 5/2/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Obama didn't do anything monumentally, earth-shatteringly significant to warrant the Prize, and neither did Trump. WTF, has it lost that much High Bar achievement value that it's handed out like candy now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join