It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Braces for Potential War Between Israel and Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Good morning, ATS. It seems that things are really heating up in the Middle East,,,this time around between Israel and Iran. It's been a low escalation between these two: On February 10, an Israeli Apache helicopter jet shot down an unmanned Iranian reconnaissance aircraft then Israeli warplanes flew into Syria and bombed the military base where the drone had been launched, thus, destroying an Iranian control center. Syrian anti-aircraft missiles were able to shoot down an Israeli F-16, the first Israeli fighter downed since 1982. On April 9, Israeli warplanes attacked Iranian forces in Syria head-on and destroyed additional Iranian drones & an advanced Iranian air-defense system that had been shipped from Tehran to Syria. They also killed seven members of Iran’s elite Quds Force, including the commander of the drone unit. This is in addition to several other skirmishes in Syria some of which involves Russia and, according to the article, has caused some blood to boil between Russia and Israel. Russia is shipping advanced missile systems to Syria which Israel is threatening to attack if it sees evidence that those missile systems are being used against Israel. Russia says if that if Israel attacks its advanced S-300 air defense missile systems, it will suffer what an official called “catastrophic consequences.”

The country is already host to one war between government troops and Sunni rebels; another between a U.S.-trained Arab militia and the Islamic State militant group (ISIS); and a third pitting invading Turkish troops against Kurdish fighters. Yet even after seven years of fighting that have left half -million dead and uprooted two-thirds of Syria’s 18 million people, the country is bracing itself for a fourth war, this one between Israel and the Iranian forces that have established a sizable military presence in Syria. As both sides trade military blows there, current and former Israeli officials warn that a larger battle between the Jewish state and its archnemesis Iran is just a matter of time. “The confrontation with Iran is unavoidable,” former Major General Yaakov Amidror recently told the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot.

Israeli forces are saying that Iran is setting up military infrastructure around it in Syria and is arming militant groups such as Hamas so that Israel will be surrounded by them and various Shiite militias.

he expects the Iranian military leader will press ahead with his strategy to turn Syria into a missile platform against Israel. The role of the estimated 2,000 Iranian troops now in Syria, he adds, is to set up the military infrastructure for that endeavor, including factories to produce sophisticated GPS-guided missiles with increased accuracy to hit high-value military and economic targets in Israel. Once this has been accomplished, he said, Soleimani will turn these bases over to Hezbollah and allied Shiite militias. “The goal is to surround Israel on almost every side with proxies equipped with rockets to be able to bombard Israel,” Eisenstadt says. “He wants to do in Syria what he did for Hezbollah in Lebanon and, to a lesser extent, for Hamas in Gaza.”

It seems that war is imminent and conflict between Israel and Iran could lead to WW3, especially, if the US and Russia get involved which is a very real possibility. So what say you, ATS? Is it time to worry?

www.newsweek.com...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The battle of Gog and Magog is upon us.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodStainedGlass
The battle of Gog and Magog is upon us.

Gog and Magog.....Russia and......?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I don't get a warm & fuzzy feeling about this... I hope cooler heads prevail

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I don't get a warm & fuzzy feeling about this... I hope cooler heads prevail

I agree. There is hardly any media coverage, however.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Iran is taking the bait. Iran has slowly been coaxed into a trap, when Iran makes an aggressive move against Israel then Jerusalem will hit back hard and I honestly expect the USA to be dragged in to the skirmish. One way or another Iran will be coaxed into a confrontation that will lead to it being another notch of destroyed countries on the list of The Axis of Evil. Sure as night follows day will Iran be Iraqified in the coming years. The only question is what to do with the remains of Iran post Iriqification?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Iran is taking the bait. Iran has slowly been coaxed into a trap, when Iran makes an aggressive move against Israel then Jerusalem will hit back hard and I honestly expect the USA to be dragged in to the skirmish. One way or another Iran will be coaxed into a confrontation that will lead to it being another notch of destroyed countries on the list of The Axis of Evil. Sure as night follows day will Iran be Iraqified in the coming years. The only question is what to do with the remains of Iran post Iriqification?

What about Russia? They have a major stake in all of this as well...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It seems like no mater who became potus we were going to go to war with somebody.....

Just more proof that both sides are playing us like fools.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yeah sure Russia do have a stake in this. No idea my friend, maybe they will accept regime change if they get the Tartus port for keeps, maybe they'll do a deal to retake Ukraine into the fold as a swap for Syria and Iran being taken out. Putin's a businessman, reputedly the richest man on Planet earth, he will do a deal if needed but who knows, if he fancies his chances maybe he'll go for broke and attack Israel in response. Thing is behind the scenes Russia and Israel both piss in the same pot, many of their top businessmen are dual nationals and have massive influence on their leaders behind the scenes. To be honest I reckon Putin will back down if he sees no way to stop an Israeli Iranian clash, he has the biggest country on Planet Earth already to play with and keep, why risk all that for a clash of ideologies?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

They will do the same thing they did with all the other countries they invaded for its own purposes.

Mine the sh#t outta there until there's nothing left but poor, hunger and disease.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Iran and Israel don't have the ability to hit each other directly. If there's a fight between them it will take place in Syria. They can lob missiles at each other, but Israel would, at best, have an extremely difficult time getting aircraft to Iran to hit anything.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It will continue in Syria, poor damn Syrians but it won't escalate beyond. Iran's military can dance with Israel's. The US won't attack they either. This isn't Iraq.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Think it's a bit more serious just economics. For example just imagine a world with no more radical Islamic Iran and all its terror spread around the ME. Just imagine that for a moment.................... If the Iranian leadership can be changed and brought into the modern day fold then a true peace might well be found in the ME

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have been watching this for awhile, I mean technically Israel and Iran are already fighting they may not have declared war on each other but Israel is conducting sorties again Iran, in Syria already. I dunno if it will get any bigger, I don’t see the Israeli army popping up in Syria, but like what Zaph, said missiles and planes mainly, it would be surprising if we see army clashes... Who knows thou, I dunno what is going on in the world anymore From the President, to Kayne West to the Middle East everything we think we understand we learning otherwise lol.

Since North Korea is settling down as many have predicted for years the Middle East just might end up being the spark. Yet even thou nothing makes sense to me anymore in 2018 we have to stay down to earth and observant.
edit on 2-5-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

gog and magog were both ancient tribes that existed in turkey, it's not russia or anyone else, i don't know why people always think that.

and coincidentally turkey and saudi arabia were the ones that supported the rebels in syria because they want assad out so they can have a syrian puppet and deny iran an advantage in the iran, turkey and saudi arabian cold war going on.

turkey and saudi arabia will probably ally with israel if there's such a war.

despite what people think america is only involved because of those two nations, not because american greed or ambition, but because a large portion of our oil comes from saudi arabia and because turkey acts as a buffer between the muslim world and europe.

we're pretty much being blackmailed into this situation, war with iran will happen eventually and we'll probably be dragged in regardless of what we were planning.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Pretty much the way I see it, as well. The Russian rhetoric I hold less relevant as it's the same 'baying at the moon' as at the U.S. if they hit Syria again. Nada.

Syria will be the arena for that proxy war. Russia may actively defend their Syrian bases and Syria, overall. Hit Israel directly? Nope. Likewise, Iran will continue to use proxy forces, Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and Syrian troops, but again not directly attack Israel.

There will be lines that won't be crossed.

Except for Israel, that is. They very well could directly hit Iran, if for no other reason than to get this over and done with. Once and for all. (I make no subjective judgement on this as it doesn't matter one way or another)

It largely depends on Russia's influence on Iran, who has gotten closer to China in recent years, and the U.S.'s influence on Israel, which is far greater than Israel's on the U.S.. Both could mitigate or even delay this fracas.

Then there's Saudi Arabia. They may want Israel to be their proxy against Iran! An interesting twist, if I say so myself.

edit on 2-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Netanyahu forcing the agenda before he gets removed for corruption ?
Just as well he has a useful idiot sat in the White House to aid his cause.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

gog and magog were both ancient tribes that existed in turkey, it's not russia or anyone else, i don't know why people always think that.

and coincidentally turkey and saudi arabia were the ones that supported the rebels in syria because they want assad out so they can have a syrian puppet and deny iran an advantage in the iran, turkey and saudi arabian cold war going on.

turkey and saudi arabia will probably ally with israel if there's such a war.

despite what people think america is only involved because of those two nations, not because american greed or ambition, but because a large portion of our oil comes from saudi arabia and because turkey acts as a buffer between the muslim world and europe.

we're pretty much being blackmailed into this situation, war with iran will happen eventually and we'll probably be dragged in regardless of what we were planning.

Ancient tribes from Turkey..? Hm.m.m.m. Who are Gog and Magog in present times? Where did these two groups settle?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It will continue in Syria, poor damn Syrians

Just hard to get ones head around what it must be like to be the average man or woman in the street over in Syria just going about their business and to see what's happened to their country by outside influences. Totally mental.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Some one has to usher in Armageddon and the Biblical apocalypse so Jesus can return.

It will be glorious!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join