It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Braces for Potential War Between Israel and Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: lostbook

I don't get a warm & fuzzy feeling about this... I hope cooler heads prevail

I agree. There is hardly any media coverage, however.

The media are more interested in writing about Kanye West liking Trump than write about the Syrian conflict.

Makes me mad, really. When I try and discuss it with friends and family, their eyes glaze over and lose interest. What is wrong with the world when the Kardashians are more important than war?
edit on 2-5-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

russia will not back iran if it attacks israile, thats why iran has never made a major conflict with israile becouse they know they will have the russians to deal with,, thats why isreile is pushing iran now,
when putin come to power he made a deal with isreile to protect them against iran....

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SATURN66

russia will not back iran if it attacks israile, thats why iran has never made a major conflict with israile becouse they know they will have the russians to deal with,, thats why isreile is pushing iran now,
when putin come to power he made a deal with isreile to protect them against iran....

Yeah, I don't know about that. I agree, Russia won't assist Iran if they were to attack Israel. And Putin very well may have told Israel they won't interfere in an Iranian/Israel war, but assisting Israel? I think not.

The real danger here if course is mishaps. In Syria we currently have Russia, Turkey, Iran, USA, Syrian loyalist, Syrian rebels, Kurds, Hezbollah and Israel striking targets they feel could pose a threat. I'm sure I'm missing some. All of these actors have their own best interests at heart. The potential for a mishap is emmense.

My big worry at the moment is Iranian/Hezbollah/Hamas reprisal for recent Israeli strikes. I believe Iran and Hezbollah are in a much better place right now than they were during the last Lebanon/Israel skirmish and could launch many, many missiles into Israel prompting an overwhelming Israeli counterstrike. That could very easily cause all hell to break lose.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
verry true, but the thing that puzzles me is isreile say they are religeus and it says in their bible when the war comees 2 thirds of the israily people will die so why is that nut job BB tryin to start a war?? dose he really hate his people that much ??
and now they have just given him the power to start a war with asking parliment ??

if i was a jew i would be on the first cammel out of there..

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

verry true, but the thing that puzzles me is isreile say they are religeus and it says in their bible when the war comees 2 thirds of the israily people will die so why is that nut job BB tryin to start a war?? dose he really hate his people that much ??
and now they have just given him the power to start a war with asking parliment ??

Because religious people believe the scriptures that best suit them and ignore the others?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
wow thats sad stuff that i will stay a athiest and face him when i get up there or down there which ever the case may be

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
come to think of it aint the big guy suppose to turn up after that war and save them ??

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

What worries me is warfare in a theater where we have Iran, Russia, Syria, and the USA in it. With Israel being hostile it is easy to have an accident and pull someone into the fray. It’s risky. Also possible.

Highly unlikely but possible.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
First , seems as if all evil ME countries move their WMDs and production to Syria. Hussein did it , now Iran . Syria could just kick em the Hades out , and feel at peace.

Second , the Israelis dont want war .They , like most SANE countries , just want Iran to abide by the regulations slapped on em by the UN . Unfortunately , Iran is ruled by a bunch of insane "mullahs" (masters) . That means that the Israelis and the rest of the world have to keep a close eye on em...

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

What worries me is warfare in a theater where we have Iran, Russia, Syria, and the USA in it. With Israel being hostile it is easy to have an accident and pull someone into the fray. It’s risky. Also possible.

Highly unlikely but possible.

When have the Israelis been hostile ? Have they invaded any country or just performed air operations to take out evil Iranian locations ? Legally. Notice the UN has not condemned any of their actions ?
So , dont you worry one little bit about that....

edit on 5/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
First , seems as if all evil ME countries move their WMDs and production to Syria. Hussein did it , now Iran . Syria could just kick em the Hades out , and feel at peace.

Sorry, but Saddam did NOT move his WMD programme or munitions to Syria

that is one of the biggest pieces of nonsense that grew out of the 'pro Bush-Iraq war' crowds bag of ''stupid nonsense designed to fool idiots into believing Iraq had WMD''

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

First
The words are very , Israeli , religious , comes , Israeli again , trying , Jew , Parliament , and camel .

Now that part is past , no one is trying to start a war. What makes you think that ?
Israel is just like the US. Nowhere in the US Constitution does it limit the President's ability to perform military operations. After all , the President is Commander-in Chief of ALL US military branches.
And , read up on Revelations of the Bible.
So , dont you worry not one little bit.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sorry, but Saddam did NOT move his WMD programme or munitions to Syria

that is one of the biggest pieces of nonsense that grew out of the 'pro Bush-Iraq war' crowds bag of ''stupid nonsense designed to fool idiots into believing Iraq had WMD''

Go back and do some research....BIG convoys from Saddam to Syria just before Operation Desert Storm (satellite photos even)
So , never just deny based on personal opinion (or your neighbors')..
Never

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This middle east situation is so much more complicated thn "pull out tomorrow"
edit on 2-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Netenyahu just laid put the Iranian nuclear program for the entire world

Damn we live in interesting times

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Aa reply to: lostbook

One way or another Iran will be coaxed into a confrontation that will lead to it being another notch of destroyed countries on the list of The Axis of Evil.

Actually, this outcome can be very easily avoided by Iran:
1. Stop building military infrastructure in Syria and get all of your armed forces out. If you still wish to help Assad, do it by providing funds and military equipment to the Syrian army.
2. Stop aiding Hezbollah, which unanimously recognized as a terror organization.
3. Stop testing ballistic missiles, keep complying with the nuclear deal and grant permission for the UN inspectors to check whatever they want to check.
4. Stop your participation in proxy conflicts in the region, i.e. Yemen.
5. Allocate all the funds from the above activities towards your own people. Invest in you own population so you wont have massive protests every year. This way the Iranian people will actually support their government.
6. Stop threatening Israel, as it's obviously doesn't do you any good. If you wish to help the Palestinians do it via the diplomatic route. Stating that Israel should be destroyed will not bring the Palestinians any closer to statehood and only will encourage the Israelis to act against you (which they do quite effectively, i.e. Stuxnet + current events).

The above seems to me as common sense, if you want to avoid the war that is.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Exactly how the Iranian leadership should be viewing the situation
They must be crazy to be getting on the wrong side of countries technologically generations ahead in military hardware. If the Mullahs continue on their current path Iraqification will be their destiny.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I expect Israel to strike at Iranian nuclear sites with little to no repercussions and engage in ground offensive to expel Iranian forces in Syria within 6 months.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Totally how I see it too. Israel is hitting Iranian sites in Syria every couple of weeks. They are just waiting for an Iranian response which will surely come. Then................. Game on

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I take keen interest that your source is the MSM outlet 'newsweek'

check out this site I am becoming more frequent with for this type of news...

Title: 'Impact and Effects of April 30 Strikes Against Syria: Winds of War Blowing Strong '

snip:

As one can see, it’s Russia, not the US, is applying efforts to mediate and thus avoid the war.

snip 2:

...Russia is the only actor fit for the role of a go-between to prevent a war between Israel and Iran and it’s trying to save lives. US officials talk about the potential conflict as something unavoidable. The comparison of the policies adopted by Washington and Moscow clearly shows who is instigating tensions and who is trying to ease them.

Source: www.strategic-culture.org...

perhaps this Strategic-Culture.org site and writer staff & outside contributers will be seen a less propaganda-ized than the MSM sources in bed with the NWO oriented established groups of govt. elite officials & their lap-dog media puppets

edit on rd31152536310903582018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join