It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Braces for Potential War Between Israel and Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I wouldn't think for a second that a deal over Ukraine could be made, not as you suggest. We'd have a European conflict on our hands.

Ukraine might not have formal alliances with anyone but many European nations have it's back if the worst was to happen, it has strong NATO ties too. Its why Russia played things as they did but mercenaries cannot take Ukraine and no Ukrainian worth their salt will give up self-determining democracy and liberty to be a Russian satellite.

That's my opinion anyways.

a reply to: Zaphod58

That would depend entirety upon Israel going it alone though, surely?

It's always been the case that Israel cannot do it alone, hence all the saber rattling and the banging of the war drums. It would need backing of at least 1 major power.

Syria could be bypassed if an ally was involved, or not?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Russia could very easily ratchet up the gas in other parts of eastern Ukraine if given the go ahead by Trump and Netanyahu to absorb the Russian half of Ukraine. Putin certainly doesn't want the Nazi leaning western Ukraine, but the other half is another matter. A deal can be done over this along with the rights to Syria and Iran if necessary. Special forces can set eastern Ukraine on fire and create a new Donbas style conflict in other areas. It's just a green light needed for this to go into action.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't see much difference in the state of affairs between Iran and Israel today compared to 25 years ago. I've been expecting Iran to launch an aggressive attack on IL for at least long. The threats change but I'm no more (or less) worried about a war just because of what's going on in Syria.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: intrepid
It will continue in Syria, poor damn Syrians

Just hard to get ones head around what it must be like to be the average man or woman in the street over in Syria just going about their business and to see what's happened to their country by outside influences. Totally mental.

Ask a Lebanese immigrant. They went through this 40 years ago.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23366581]RAY1990Syria could be bypassed if an ally was involved, or not?

Israel has enough German supplied subs dotted around the ME with nuclear tipped Popeye missiles to bypass Syria if the need arises.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Some one has to usher in Armageddon and the Biblical apocalypse so Jesus can return.

It will be glorious!!

Seriously? Syrians are suffering because of a fabricated deity?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah Lebabon too................ What a shame for the average man or woman in the street. I know a immigrant here from Lebanon, said his whole family were taken out one day when an Israeli plane took out his village church. So sad for the people.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: olaru12
Some one has to usher in Armageddon and the Biblical apocalypse so Jesus can return.

It will be glorious!!

Seriously? Syrians are suffering because of a fabricated deity?

Read my Sig....

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

About the best we could do right now is offer tankers and maybe Intel. Right now, we've run our own forces into the ground so hard that if there was a war, we'd have to decline the invitation.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Russia could very easily ratchet up the gas in other parts of eastern Ukraine if given the go ahead by Trump and Netanyahu to absorb the Russian half of Ukraine. Putin certainly doesn't want the Nazi leaning western Ukraine, but the other half is another matter. A deal can be done over this along with the rights to Syria and Iran if necessary. Special forces can set eastern Ukraine on fire and create a new Donbas style conflict in other areas. It's just a green light needed for this to go into action.

Funny how 'western Ukraine', which doesn't exist as there's only 'the Ukraine', is labeled nazi-leaning and the 'eastern Ukraine', which also doesn't exist as there's only the Ukraine, has no derogatory label attached by the media psy-op .

No wonder the west is finished.
edit on 2-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Outsiders did nothing about this civil war, they have no right to make deals about the sovereignty of Ukrainian land. Another Crimea situation won't happen.

You're dismissing too many Eastern European nations too. Ain't no way in hell they'd stand back and allow such things and I highly doubt Russia can field 10,000 mercenaries fully equipped for modern warfare.

I might be wrong though.

Russia best be careful about how it plays with it's unofficial battalions.

It's Europe, Trump and Netanyahu might try to sway things but if push comes to shove then they can shovel it.

Russia won't be getting another inch of land westwards without serious consequences. We can pay mercenaries too.

2nd reply:

The Persian gulf wouldn't be that easy to navigate if they went it alone and I doubt they'd use anything bit conventional weapons.

That being said Israel are very capable and smart... Anything other than bombing runs and missile attacks would seemingly be out of the picture and that would be highly limited.

It's all about force projection.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
That’s likely the scenario the deep state wants and the main reason they wanted Trump as president.

Trump and his lapdog Israel will start the war and then he will be impeached so the neocons can fully run their war on Iran as it always planned. It’s no coincidence two neocons have come into the Foreign policy arena, Bolton and the new Secretary of State Pompeo. They wanted a war with NKorea but they themselves(NK) came to their senses but now the deep state will turn to Iran and Syria and try to destroy both of them.

WWIII is definitely a possibility with these barbarians running the world.

Only Russia, and maybe China and Turkey and Germany can save this world from the destruction the American deep state are planning

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So in other word's it's too risky.

Tankers and Intel was what I was thinking but even that would be reason enough to attack American interest. I'm sure the RAF was refused logistical support on route to the Falklands due to the fact it wishes to remain neutral on that conflict.

I always figured Iran would need a serious coalition for it to be toppled.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Well, a big part of conflict is the battle for the mind, such language is a sure sign of 'concession' and I refuse to speak of the Ukraine like that.

glad you see such things in a similar light.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well, atm, military power is not necessarily (although force projection a major factor) the only item to watch.

The political and diplomatic cards are coming into play.
Saudi warming to israel, Israel is going after Iranian assets in Syria, the steam-rolling of past appeasements, US arms sales in the region, the US President pressing the involvement of regional nations, European nations considering the review of the Iran deal, . Add that to recent agreements to Africa and Nigeria specifically.

I would keep an eye to Korea, developments, steps to re-unification, arms control talks on the peninsula, then a complete shift to Iran.

In a years time, the military machines will be prepared for such an event, not now and it won't be immediate; but the kilns are being stoked.

Imo, I do not see occupation within the lines of the current US administrations thought process. It does not work; i can see a serious bombing at a later time.

My 2 cents

Mg

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Right now it is. Our accident rates have gone way up. We just lost another aircraft and crew a couple hours ago. Units that are deploying are taking good aircraft from units that aren't deploying to make up to a full unit.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: lostbook

Pretty much the way I see it, as well. The Russian rhetoric I hold less relevant as it's the same 'baying at the moon' as at the U.S. if they hit Syria again. Nada.

Syria will be the arena for that proxy war. Russia may actively defend their Syrian bases and Syria, overall. Hit Israel directly? Nope. Likewise, Iran will continue to use proxy forces, Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and Syrian troops, but again not directly attack Israel.

There will be lines that won't be crossed.

Except for Israel, that is. They very well could directly hit Iran, if for no other reason than to get this over and done with. Once and for all. (I make no subjective judgement on this as it doesn't matter one way or another)

It largely depends on Russia's influence on Iran, who has gotten closer to China in recent years, and the U.S.'s influence on Israel, which is far greater than Israel's on the U.S.. Both could mitigate or even delay this fracas.

Then there's Saudi Arabia. They may want Israel to be their proxy against Iran! An interesting twist, if I say so myself.

So do you think this could be it? The war to end all wars?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Iran and Israel don't have the ability to hit each other directly. If there's a fight between them it will take place in Syria. They can lob missiles at each other, but Israel would, at best, have an extremely difficult time getting aircraft to Iran to hit anything.

If they can fly over Jordan and Iraq their F-15s should be able to reach at least cruise missile range of some juicy targets without refueling.
They also have at least 13 tankers we know about, buddy refueling capabilities and who knows what they can do with their drones. They can be pretty ressourceful if they have to and have a lot of experience with long range attacks.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

"If". They have the pieces, but they're going to have to take some pretty extreme risks to do it, and they need others to go along with it. If they don't, then it changes the picture quite a bit.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

No. (I don't know if this is mere wishful thinking or a likely scenario.) If Israel and Iran formalize the proceedings, who gets involved following is the question. Too many scenarios to list on a post response.

The worst case would be direct involvement by both Russia and the U.S.. Yes?

In which case, hopefully or logically, both would keep it on a proxy level and avoid direct conflict with each other. The unknown quantity is Israel. If they look to be losing or about to lose, all bets are off on the nuclear option. I have no doubt those boys would use it if it meant survival for Israel, even if only in their minds.

The problem being, Saudi Arabia and Israel would want the U.S. in the fray. As would Syria and Iran would want Russia involved. To the point of false flag events to force it so?

Simply put, multiple lines would have to be crossed before it arrived at the O.K. Corral.

I'm betting not.

P.S. That could be a bad thing. Fear it it escalating into a full blown WWIII is the best deterrent we have if it even happening.
edit on 2-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: addition

edit on 2-5-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join