It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - All Airliner Engines Now In Front Of Wings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
OP is correct

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: exsanguination45
OP is correct

Thanks for settling it once and for all.

Hopefully you can share your wisdom with other mysteries of the universe/multiverse

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This could explain MH370, it flew past the edge of the Earth into the Twilight Zone. No wonder it has not been found.

I suppose the underside of the Earth should be checked, just to make sure.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Hey, I appreciate your direct response and can understand your point.

I'm honestly not trying to mock you and hope I don't come across that way, but I can see it coming from some directions.

I'm not new to the ME phenomena, I first heard of it about 3 or 4 years ago and have seen many, many examples. The first one that really did get me for a while was the Mirror Mirror/Magic Mirror one.

Again it was one of those things I heard and thought...this is incredible, it doesn't sound right.

But only later sat and thought about it, reaslising I've never actually seen that film, any references I had were from pop culture and hearing others deliver the incorrect lines. I have never watched Snow White in my life.

Then I started to hear some that I knew simply weren't true. The Forrest Gump one being a good example. Gump never said "Life is like a box of chocolates" despite it being a highly popularised tagline for the film - he quotes his mother as having said like was like a box of chocolates.

Then I started to notice more and more that simply were not true, and for most people on face value it seemed odd simply because they'd never really spent that much time looking in much detail.

I could go and look at a map right now and note the position of South America...but again, I ain't a cartologist and have no real reference. I've never studied any maps that hard and even then, I don't think my memory is flawless enough to say with any real degree of certainty.

And I'm not really closed minded, I'm open to many things. I just think that in the case of the ME phenomenon the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one.

I did make a genuine point, earlier - I'd never heard of the Berenstein/ain bears until about 3 or 4 years ago when I was first introduced to this phenomenon. My conclusion was that, despite their supposed popularity, I'd simply never heard of them...it'd be unreasonable for me to conclude instead that I came from anothe reality where they never existed before and even more unreasonable for me to expect others' to buy into that notion.

They existed, I was just ignorant of them.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I remember Baker - and I remember airliner engines the same as you.. Under the wing with a bit extending past the front.

That's the thing - they haven't changed in 20 years, or ever..

History has it so the wings have always been all the way ahead of the wing.

There are NO pictures of the airliners we remember.

No photos, no videos.. no nothing.

No photos, you say?

Here is a pic of an older Boeing 737, which seems to have longer engines under the wing:

Older 737

Here is a pic of a later, next generation 737. Notice that the design of the engines has changed:

Next Generation 737

What do you have you to say about that, then?

Dae

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

I'm not new to the ME phenomena, I first heard of it about 3 or 4 years ago and have seen many, many examples. The first one that really did get me for a while was the Mirror Mirror/Magic Mirror one.

Hi there. When I read that it made me smile as I would think that you are new to ME, if you say that you first read about it 4-5 years ago. In my mind that is when a surge of internet posts on all sorts of supposed ME, most of which are mental mind tricks (in my opinion) came into play.

For me, this began around 35+ years ago, in fact my first was about looney tunes and looney toons... I remember the feeling of shock/out of sorts when I saw looney tunes on the TV (around 1983), I remember commenting on it and my friends brother saying it was always looney tunes, I remember my frown and internal shrug as i brushed the weirdness away. The next one is Nelsen Mandela, he died, then the next thing I know there is a song about freeing him!

Billy Graham came next. This one is an odd one as I'm in the UK. I was a Christian when I was a teen and we all went to see him when he visited London - if my church hadn't organised this then I wouldn't have know about this one. Not too long after seeing him, I heard from multiple people he had died. Many years later (roughly 2001), I am on the internet and I see a news article about Billy Graham, like he isn't dead. This is around the time I came to find the term Mandela Effect. I found out that Americans remember even more about Billy's death, they remember the day, the funeral!

For me, the ME idea on the internet came way later to my own experiences.

Its a weird subject ME, as memory is faulty and the brain likes to make things up to fit the narrative. Back in the 80's again, I was corrected by my friend when I said "Interview with a vampire", she told me is THE vampire as in, "Interview with the vampire [Lestat]". Until she told me this, my brain made up the "a". So when I see this one touted as a ME is makes me go grr lol

The ME water is very muddy and I think its being done innocently and intentionally. Oh and it does my nut in when people group ME with flat earth! There is tonnes of evidence showing the planet is indeed round like in shape and the "idea" of flat earth is pure belief, whereas ME is an experience that is open to explanations.

I have written off many of my ME to misunderstood/misheard / miswhatever but a few remain, like Billy and looney toons but I've binned 'Hitler had blue eyes' as I must have been told some weird propaganda growing up that he 'had brown eyes and dark hair and was a hypocrite as he desired blond hair and blue eyes'. Even though this one falls into my parameters of ME - as in I experienced this away from internet (I was at the Imperial War Museum with my son and saw a large colour image of Hitler and he had striking blue eyes! I felt that weird shock feeling and turned to my son exclaiming, "since when did he have blue eyes?!" , apparently always) and it wasn't suggested by others. As I said, I binned this one despite the experience as it must be bad propaganda that I, and a lot of others, have heard.

Anyway, I replied to you as you seem level headed, which is nice to see in a ME thread! I can't comment too much on this airplane engine positioning as I am not that familiar with planes but, I do get what the OP is saying, that is the impression I get when I think of a plane but this gets binned for me as I can't compare clearly.

I just had a thought about the intentional bad ME's, there was a study done where they asked people to draw from memory different company logo's and they found that most people got it wrong. Now I am sure other studies have been done where the same was asked for other every day objects, maybe 'someone' has a hold of this information and is using it to claim false ME, ones that can be easily argued and therefore "debunked". Not claiming this of you Pearj, just saying in general

Hmm one last final thought, maybe one day ME will be an accepted part of Simulation Theory with evidence and all sorts to back it up, perhaps if a single simulation can be run why not many more, so many more that it seems like infinity to us, and they are all connected...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The OP has claimed that all passenger planes have always had their engines forward of the wings and that there are no photos of any planes now available (presumably in this "timeline") showing different.

Other posters have put up plenty of these photos which the OP claims flat out do not exist and it has been explained to him/her that jet engine design (and wing design come to that) has changed over the years.

It has been shown that the Boeing 737 has changed the size and configuration of it's engines over the many years that it has been in service, by way of example.

So, proven wrong the OP does not address any of this and just chats with the ME believers, fingers in ears.

I find this both dishonest and annoying, in equal measures.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dae

The looney tunes one is another one that for me on the face of it seemed wrong but the more I thought about it I realised I most likely expected it to be toons as it's a suffix for cartoons.

But then I realised there was a similar series of cartoons also produced by Warner Bros. called merrie melodies...melodies!

It was realising that connection that made me rethink my position and realise that I'd simply believed what I expected was right as opposed to what was actually right.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You know, out of curiosity I googled Looney Tunes and read the wiki page - apparently the name was inspired by a series of cartoons created by Disney called Silly Symphony:

Silly Symphony
edit on 8/5/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
If they were mounted any further back how could the flaps work?

I don't know. How do the flaps work on the other two planes posted further down on page 1 of this thread work?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

edit on 5/8/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Just no.

This Mandela effect thing has turned otherwise thinking people into people incapable of discerning reality.

Why? Because he asked a question?

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Pearj

The engines have never been under the wing, except as they are. It's aerodynamically impossible to have the entire engine under the wing like you claim to remember. I don't care what universe you want to claim to be from, the engine intakes have to be forward of the wing.

That's weird cause there are two pics posted on page 1 of this thread with engines going all the way under the wing and not just a tiny pod sticking out in front...

I guess those were just models or artistic representations...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Here you go. Completely different wing design to the later generation planes:

Boeing 737-100

I am no aviation expert, though.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes, but the front of the engines are still in front of the wing. These engines have got shorter over the years.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm terribly sorry that I forgot about a couple early designs that have been removed from service, or are only operating in remote areas anymore, and don't have every single design of every single aircraft in my memory ready to call to hand. How dare I comment without double checking every plane ever built.
edit on 5/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What? You don't? First Father Christmas, now this!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I know, right? It shocked me too to realize that.
edit on 5/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I remember the engine being directly under the wing, and I've flown commercial many times over many years and was in the AF.

Being a clerk in the Air Force doesn't confer some sort of knowledge about aerodynamics. (Clearly)

The Me 262 had air intakes that were in front of the leading edge of the wing. It's always been that way. Just because you have an incorrect memory doesn't mean we've all shifted into an alternate universe.

When did this poster claim that we all shifted into an alternate universe? What a weird thing to say lol, I think your mind must have shifted into a different thread 😮

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That is the whole point that ME people are pushing - timeline/dimensional shifts, CERN etc, etc. Have you not been paying attention?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join