It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - All Airliner Engines Now In Front Of Wings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Airplanes have always been airplanes for me, but I would have bet my bottom dollar that it was Berenstein. It's the only "Mandela" thing that weirds me out. "Didn't so-and-so die already?" I have no problem blaming that on my faulty memory. I'm willing to go dimensional time shifts over BerenstEin, though!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Because, again, coming from another universe where everything, including aerodynamic rules are completely different makes so much more sense.

All kinds of weird and unknown.

What if a distortion wave of even unknown type hit earth altering space-time hitting some people and places?

Gravitational Waves May Permanently Alter Spacetime

www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/physics/gravitational-wave-memory/

Antarctic Neutrino Observatory Detects Unexplained High-Energy Particles

www.scientificamerican.com...

edit on 3-5-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I respect your opinions (I do) but I have heard all of this before in past ME debates on ATS. The arguments sound really good, and they are in a way, but they ignore certain key facts. I explain those facts again, as if they went ignored or misunderstood. You even say "They're not facts..." Well, facts are: many people remember certain things differently, many people remember the exact alternate wordings/spellings/deigns, etc. And as I have already reminded you twice all ready, modern physics believes in other dimensions. It's also a fact that science understands very little about consciousness: what is or isn't consciousness, what truth is there to past life memories or psychic visions, how is it that hundreds of people can seemingly share the same exact 'hallucination' at the same time, does the soul exist, does it leave the body after death and where does it go? One day I'm sure we will have a science to study consciousness, but for now all we have is psychology (the study of the emotional and mental faculties specifically,) and theories to give weird things a sensible sounding explanation. We really don't know what the mind is capable of, or what else it may be communicating with, or if it may co-exist in what we might consider another dimension (the 'spirit world' or whatever.) We don't have the answers yet, or even a basic foundation of understanding for it. People just assume things, believing or disbelieving, based on what they have been taught and what they think or feel is real, plausible or impossible. But again, in reality, we just don't know.

In modern physics, other dimensions exist, but can we interact with them, do we co-exist on other dimensions? We just don't have the answers, and are barely even asking the questions yet. Largely it drags because people tend to explore based on their background; you take what you have learned and come to understand and employ that in your search for more truth. This is of course limiting, because on the greater scheme of things, we know so little. That's why progress can be so slow. In science, we only perceive a small portion of the greater reality. There are many electronic or energetic waves we don't pick up on, sounds we don't hear, scents we don't smell, but cats do. And of course, they don't pick up on everything either. Even our vision is not all-seeing. If somehow all our senses were heightened, it would be a truly otherworldly experience. Our whole concept of reality is based on what we do perceive (or what the average person perceives,) and then science builds theories from there.

This is why I point out that it is closed-minded to assert that a bizarre-sounding occurrence (call it 'supernatural' or unusual) can't exist because it 'sounds unlikely.' If it was a simple matter of one person remembering things differently, you might still be wrong in reality, but your argument would be far stronger. If, and I repeat this again, many people remember things differently, and the same exact alternate details, the argument is more like grasping at straws. It sounds sensible for many (judging things from a position of past knowledge and limited sensory information.) It sounds practical and plausible, but it really just is a sensible argument, nothing more. We are still learning.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Come on, now. Grasping at straws here. One does not have to have studied architecture to know if a roof goes on the top or the side of a building.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I think you're right. In truth, it may be a possibility but there are many other possibilities. We just don't know.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

Indeed! How could kids not poke fun of "Berenstain Bears" lol Beren = Bare, Stain = Stain. Easy to make jokes lol

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Cool
Me too. It is the ME that I am the most crystal clear about, myself. Many possible ME that I may found are probably just mis-remembering; despite what ME critics tend to think, most of us 'ME experiencers' do question our memories on this stuff. Some things I'm mostly sure of, but not positive. Others I am pretty strongly sure of, as with the plane design, and will hold my ground on those. But the Berenstein Bears is definitely the strongest of all, for me.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Forget it. You've convinced me. You're all from another dimension.
edit on 5/3/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 5/3/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Forget it. You've convinced me. You're all from another dimension.

Nah, we're just the crazies that make life more entertaining. Now, stop holding us hostage and let us get back to our own dimension. LOL! Seriously though, I have no idea what to make of the ME. I haven't experienced them all, but a few I have. Then again...I'm an Elf, so who will take me seriously? Hope you don't mind, I'm just being light hearted.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
It seems like too easy a play on words, for us to have avoided at that age, unless the majority then also thought it was Berenstein.

The majority then AND now think it should be Berenstein. Mr Berenstain was told by his teacher that his name was spelt incorrectly before the book was even thought of.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Could be, although I often picture ME's being noticed by older crowds.My bias, being 40
.Offline, I've noticed those calling them Barenstain , tended to be younger people or those who worked with them.

I find Op's threads good food for thought, the ME interests me from the angle of learning more about how perception and memory works.

For example, the lack of jokes on Barenstain for me, reminds me of the Bakker thread. I remember Jim as a Baker. I briefly looked up his name and forum as key words, looking to see if the Bakker/Baker spelling was brought up in chat about him.I was looking for old thread results that had posters with Jim's last name spelled both ways. No one I remember, brought up the spelling of his last name.

This is strictly an anecdote. I need to practice keeping notes, so I can retrace the line of thought.For now;three cups of coffee is not the same as three hours sleep, lol.

As for the airplane engines, I remember them being underneath, with the air inlet slightly ahead of the wing. I haven't flown much in the last twenty years, the tech isn't something I follow.

edit on 5-5-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spacing

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I remember Baker - and I remember airliner engines the same as you.. Under the wing with a bit extending past the front.

That's the thing - they haven't changed in 20 years, or ever..

History has it so the wings have always been all the way ahead of the wing.

There are NO pictures of the airliners we remember.

No photos, no videos.. no nothing.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Can I ask...

At what point did you notice this? How did you notice this?

Reason I'm asking is, before you noticed this how closely did you actually study the position of the engine relative to the wing? I drew a comic at school and had to draw a plane, so I studied some pictures.

This was over 20 years ago, I remember at the time looking at several images and being surprised at how far forward of the wing the engines actually appeared to be. It didn't look right to me, I looked at a few different pictures and all were pretty much the same.

I done some sketches and they all looked off because the engines looked too far forward and proportionally large although when compared to the actual source material the drawings looked proportional.

But I'd never really looked that hard before then, I guess I had an idea of how it should be instead of knowing how it actually was. Since then I've come to terms with the reality.

edit on 6/5/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Sure you have.
This reality. What about that other one? The one that's sending invaders to our reality.

Fortunately, it seems the only thing the invaders can do is be annoying. In a somewhat amusing way.

edit on 5/6/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not really sure what you mean.

I was under the impression that this mandella thing was quite recent, I'd never heard of it when I was in school. I was definitely in high school and drawing cartoons and comics was all I cared about.

Nothing has changed in my reality, all of the ME things I've been shown fall into one of two categories for me:

Category 1: Ummm...no, it was always like that for me, or...
Category 2: I never studied that in enough detail to know for sure if it has changed at all.

I suppose there's a secret, hidden category, the Berenstain bears falls into that - I've no idea what the Berenstain bears are, and had never heard of them until this whole Mandella stuff became a thing.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I know you'll just ignore this, but what the hell. Jet engines aren't all the way in front of the wing and have never been. They're below the wing, with a portion that extends out in front of it. The back portion of the engine is under the wing and always has been.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The point is I had a preconceived notion of how it was until I actually took the time to look closely and realised my assumptions were incorrect.

So incorrect that the reality looked wrong to me. What was really odd and still sticks in my mind was looking at real images of planes and it looked right, but looking at my proportionally correct drawings drawn from studying the images and it looking off.

A freind of mine is right into this ME stuff as well as flat earth nonsense. Posts stuff like this on facebook, one was of a kitkat wrapper and some junk about how there used to by a hyphen.

It kinda got me for a second, I thought - yeah, there should be a hyphen, what happened there? But the more I rationalised I figured...how closely have you actually studied a kitkat wrapper before now? The answer?

Not very closely. But I studied a lot of images and source material when drawing - guns, ships, cars, trains, planes.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I just realised that I possibly come from a reality where the Berenstain/ein bears never actually existed at all.

If I discover something that's apprently been around for years and is seemingly quite popular, but I've never heard of it, is that a Mandela effect?

Could it be that I've traversed dimensions? Or that I just never knew the thing existed until now?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I've been waiting for you - sorry it took me a minute to get back.

The Mandela Effect came upon us (my wife and I) fast too - It was about a year ago. We were watching YouTube on the tv and there was a ME video under the 'recommended' section - so I clicked it, and our lives changed.

It was a Jacob Israel video, and one of the examples he showed was South America. I'm a map/globe kind of guy, I grew up with them all over the house. I have a globe on my desk etc.. I don't know if you've looked lately, but South America isn't where it used to be - it's very far East now. I confirmed the map he was showing was accurate, and it brought a tear to my eyes - we were both in shock for days while it sunk in. Then we found more.

I'm a bit of an artist myself - when it comes to drawing I was a pen-and-ink guy, very detail orientated and meticulously recreated the details I saw in buildings etc.. even been in 2 newspapers - later I got into tattoo design, photography and now artistically it's just music and occasionally web design for sites I run.

So - you're aware of Typography. About 2 weeks before we saw Jacob's video I'd been studying typography because I wanted a new logo for one of my sites. I started studying the labels (logos) on everything. I was sitting in a waiting room drinking a coke and studying the label.. font, weight, kerning - everything, including the tilde (~) between the words (Coka~Cola). I thought it was genius to trademark a font symbol in branding.

I came to discover there never was a tilde - talk about a mind screw. It's now and always has been a "high dash". Who was I in that waiting room.. What was I drinking? Did any of that even happen?

That's when we noticed the synchronicities.. It was about 2 weeks before I found out about the ME that I was studying the coke label, about 2 months before ME I was singing along with the California Dreamin' song, playing it on the tube while we were getting ready to go out.. Before the ME I got a load of my old childhood books including a few Berenstein Bears. In discipleship I learned 'wine skins' not bottles.. the same Bible I learned from changed. The list goes on and on.

It started to look like (and still does) everything in my life led me to a point of being able to be certain of what I knew - before learning of the ME.

I'm also a skeptical person.. I've been reading ATS long before I signed up for an account. I never posted an OP before, but I was so awe-struck I took a chance and made my first post here. You can see how that's going.

We also noticed the world got much uglier seemingly overnight - including the ridiculous demeanor on ATS now.

Despite the ridicule, I decided someone was going to need to hear what I had to say. If they broke a little after finding out, then I could help because I went through it too. If they are shy, I can be their voice. If they need to lean on someone, I'm there...

I'm confident in what I know and honest about what I don't, and there are serious questions about what's going on.. Why is this happening? Is it Biblical, is it CERN? ..the government or a natural occurrence? Has this always happened throughout history and we're only now able to see it thanks to the internet? Why only pop-culture - is it because that's what would stand out, or because that's 'sources' frame of reference. What is the scope? Why are only some people affected and are the unaffected being honest?

It looks like ridicule is going to be a part of every ME thread - I'm of the opinion they can't help themselves - but that's a whole 'nother story.. "Memory issues" carry the Naysayers ridicule, but by the same token we know what we know and what we don't - we are our own best regulators having been saturated by the world we live in. In other words, you don't need to look at a map to get to work, and you don't need to be reminded how to tie your shoes. You do need to look up that Mexican place a friend took you to a few years ago. You know (not remember) the things you see and do every day.. Your favorite movie you've seen to many times, that Coke label you were studying - those planes you drew from examples.

I think they fill pages to dissuade - they know they won't stop me - so they're trying to stop you.

Stay strong, be confident and honest. Support others when you can. Be prepared for those around you to act very strangely; angry and aggressive when you bring up the ME.

You are Effected.. You're just walking through the door and there's a lot to take in - go easy so you don't get overwhelmed. It's likely to get worse before it gets better, but you can handle it. Soon the things you have to say may be important to someone else.

Now more than ever, it may be very important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join