It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - All Airliner Engines Now In Front Of Wings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is an odd one..

Passenger Airliner engines have always been forward of the wing. I remember the engine being under the wing.

It doesn't matter what kind of airliner or the age - they all look like this.. Go ahead a look a few up!

I can't find any 'residue' pictures of what I remember - yet..

..I remember the engine being directly under the wing, and I've flown commercial many times over many years and was in the AF. It seems like weight distribution would be off with them being so far forward.

Aviation experts and enthusiasts on ATS can confirm the engine has always been forward of the wing..

I remember the engine being under the wing..

What do you remember?

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I think that you have a terrible memory.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Always been where they are for me....obviously it will appear very different while sitting in the plane, but the pics you provided don't appear to be out of the ordinary from my experience....

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Maybe you are thinking of the DeHavilland Comet. The engines were not in front of the wings on that one.
Wikipedia

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If they were mounted any further back how could the flaps work?

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just no.

This Mandela effect thing has turned otherwise thinking people into people incapable of discerning reality.
edit on 30 4 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The engines have never been under the wing, except as they are. It's aerodynamically impossible to have the entire engine under the wing like you claim to remember. I don't care what universe you want to claim to be from, the engine intakes have to be forward of the wing.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ive flown alot as well and always request a window seat.
I remember them always sticking out just slightly, nowhere near to the degree they are in those pics

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I remember the engine being directly under the wing, and I've flown commercial many times over many years and was in the AF.

Being a clerk in the Air Force doesn't confer some sort of knowledge about aerodynamics. (Clearly)

The Me 262 had air intakes that were in front of the leading edge of the wing. It's always been that way. Just because you have an incorrect memory doesn't mean we've all shifted into an alternate universe.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know people that have spent 10 or 15 years in the Air Force that can barely identify a C-130, and can't tell the difference between a C-17 and C-5. People seem to think that being in the military suddenly makes you an expert at something if it's related to whatever branch you're in.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Always been where they are for me....obviously it will appear very different while sitting in the plane, but the pics you provided don't appear to be out of the ordinary from my experience....

Fascinating. I remember you saying the exact opposite in my earlier dimension today.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Just no.

This Mandela effect thing has turned otherwise thinking people into people incapable of discerning reality.

That's giving it too much credit.

Have people EVER been able to discern reality??

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Perhaps you're referring to something like this:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Military aircraft mount accessories (bombs?) under the wings-
and in some video games, the engines are under the wings.

Or at least they used to be. Modern games probably pay more attention.

Basically, human memory sucks and now people are trying to blame it on this mandella thing

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Here we are:

Podded Engines

This Wiki entry explains why the engines are mounted ahead of the wing.

Honestly, can this Mandela Effect crap possibly get any crappier?

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The engines have never been under the wing, except as they are. It's aerodynamically impossible to have the entire engine under the wing like you claim to remember. I don't care what universe you want to claim to be from, the engine intakes have to be forward of the wing.

The OP said under not entirely like this.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm not an aeronautical engineer or anything but I can search engine with the best of them. I think what you perceiving is the difference in configurations in popular planes like the the 737 due to differences in the engines between variants.

The 737-200 had the engines like this:

The 737-300 and 737-400 like this:

I think the newer engines are just shorter. They've always stuck out in front of the wing (I think they'd have to).

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Ive flown alot as well and always request a window seat.
I remember them always sticking out just slightly, nowhere near to the degree they are in those pics

Same here - I remember the engine protruding slightly from the front of the wing as viewed from the window seat.

Here's what they look like now..
..and they've always looked like this:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

A video that explains how jet engines have got shorter:

A Short History of the Jet Engine

Give it up man.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Designs/shapes/sizes of things change over a period of years. Who'd have thought it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join