It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

OH! You saw it too? I thought maybe I was crazy when no one else said anything. I'd give you way more stars for finally speaking up about it if I could.
edit on 30-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I couldn't believe that their own diagram is essentially saying if you have these emotions, you fall in the pussy classification! Bahahaaawaha.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm not making anything up. I can read the articles and comprehend the information...can you? I know the PC culture exists...do you? Did you understand the YouTube clip featuring Dave Rubin I posted? Apparently not. I'm a respectful and kind person, actually...who's sick and tired of people blaming others for their own shortcomings. I'm actually a masculine, 57 year old ex military brat, who tries hard to be a good father, husband and neighbor. When things get tough, I suck it up and persevere, unlike these weak, emotionally distressed "men", who need someone to coddle them and hold their hand.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Well see?

There's your problem. You're clearly suffering from mental illness masculinity because you feel responsible and think you need to suck it up and be a good father and husband and take care of your family!

I'm sure this class will get you set straight in no time!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm suffering from "mental" illness watching my monthly pension check being used for my kid's college tuition. Time for a part time job. Maybe I can teach young men how to....

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They are trying to justify an entire generation of Beta boys, which will lead to a bunch of incels; and that works to control the population.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

We need betas.

Lunch money doesn't grow on trees!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Threads like this are hilarious how you can see the usual suspects rush right in to agree with the OP without doing any further due diligence in vetting the source.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
They are trying to justify an entire generation of Beta boys, which will lead to a bunch of incels; and that works to control the population.

The alpha male thing is a myth that comes from cherry picking biological evidence while ignoring factors that don't align with it. Basically humans are FAR more complex mentally to be divided so simply. That is unless you like referring to yourself as no smarter rationally than a dog or ape.
edit on 30-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
And yet pubiscent little children are able to decide they are gay or not, when there hormones haven't kicked in!?

Da F in hell...!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I'm suffering from "mental" illness watching my monthly pension check being used for my kid's college tuition. Time for a part time job. Maybe I can teach young men how to....

That song always cracked me up. Walk like a man - just don't sing like one.

I noticed not only the labial abstraction on the poster (in the center, of course) but also the fists on the outside.
Implied threat of violence is what I get from that.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The unspoken target market for this campaign is white males. And its not intended to fix anything, its intended to marginalize white males entirely out of "public square". The result is, (and I know from speaking to friends whose go to UT), the white males, most of whom are in the Petroleum engineering field, take very few courses at the main campus and focus their studies at the Engineering Department; they avoid the "Student Union" and main library. And thats exactly what the Leftists intend.

Not that it much matters really. UT Austin is only 44% "white" and only 48% male which means that white males only account for 21% of the student population.

Bottom line? This too shall pass and without much notice by the target demographic.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Did you notice how the middle of the poster looks like an abstract female genitalia?

Haha of course I noticed.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Vetting the source? I listed the University of Texas at Austin's webpage that describes the program's objectives. "The usual suspects," including me, are commenting on the merits of such a program. What further "vetting" would you like? It's not about "due diligence" either, it's about the freedom to express one's opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Right on their own website:

The MasculinUT program does not treat masculinity as a “mental health issue,” and any such statements are simply not accurate. It was established to bring more men to the table to address interpersonal violence, sexual assault and other issues.

cmhc.utexas.edu...

If you read the OP and you believed it you are an idiot.

It's still pretty #ed they need a course to teach people how not to rape somebody...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The source that PJmedia pulls from's FIRST line literally debunks the claim made by PJ media about how masculinity is being labeled a mental disorder.

What further "vetting" would you like?

Deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Right on their own website:

The MasculinUT program does not treat masculinity as a “mental health issue,” and any such statements are simply not accurate. It was established to bring more men to the table to address interpersonal violence, sexual assault and other issues.

cmhc.utexas.edu...

If you read the OP and you believed it you are an idiot.

It's still pretty #ed they need a course to teach people how not to rape somebody...

They should make it illegal, or at the very least, make a sign.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Swills

Threads like this are hilarious how you can see the usual suspects rush right in to agree with the OP without doing any further due diligence in vetting the source.

I'd suspect that many here had already read about this.

I know I had anyway.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well it’s a counseling service offering this.
Mi assume counseling is designed to help people with their mental health, though I could be wrong

These counselors feel that traditional views of masculinity are problematic and should be changed to be for inclusive and diverse

So it seems to me these counselors may be saying if you fall in traditional masculinity you have a problem that needs to change

So we can split hairs about rather they are calling traditional masculinity a mental health disorder or not, but as a i mentioned in my previous post, this is just more semantic games

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hey, what is the difference between an Alpha an Beta in the animal kingdom!? Size, strength an leader ship to be able to get as many female pregnant?

What about modern man? Does alpha males dress to impress and care what his suitor think to be able to mate to complete his life cycle? Or does he defy his own instinct, gets a vescotomy so no women can bound him, and decide to lead a bachelor life looking forward to early retirement?

I mean an alpha male does what he wants, disregards the other alphas, beta, Charlie's, and females. All while they still cling to the alpha for envy, and wisdom.

We really need to work on our definitions Texas!!!
edit on 30-4-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join