It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thank you!

As we constantly drive home to our son ... there are no boy activities and girl activities. There are only activities, and sometimes more boys might like this or that and more girls might like this other thing, but if you're interested in one thing or another, don't let it stop you. You do what you want to do whatever others are doing.

Because honestly, he's already growing up in a confusing household. Mom does the sports with him. Dad teaches him to cook. There are other places where hubby and I switch the expected gender roles and and interests somewhat, but that doesn't mean he's not the man and I'm not the woman and those activity swaps make us feel any less like the man and the woman.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like all the joking about this on the thread.

Oh wait, maybe joking about something someone believes is serious is a mental illness. Hmmm.

Oh well, being a little nuts is fun

It's not fun. Now take your expensive meds.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Here DB, this should make you feel better....

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 29 4 2018 by Artlogic because: Waaaaa!!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like all the joking about this on the thread.

Oh wait, maybe joking about something someone believes is serious is a mental illness. Hmmm.

Oh well, being a little nuts is fun

It's not fun. Now take your expensive meds.

I don't take any meds. Can't you tell?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: rickymouse

Or tired of online conservatives lying about them and made a clarification for those who aren't so closed minded and judgemental. I think a lot of these online conservatives should fly down to Austin and enroll in this class. They definitely need it.

Aww. Do you feel like you need to take a time-out there, boo-boo?

So you thought the best way to demonstrate that people are close-minded and judgemental would be to call people close-minded and judgemental? And this would somehow pass for actual logic in your mind?

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It is definitely part of a bigger agenda and the existence [and acceptance] of such a course will be used to validate the concept. The distorted lists I saw defining masculinity were stereotypical of those that do not like males or those who have only known dysfunctional individuals and tried to define masculinity with attributes of those individuals. Indeed, the Estrogen Poisoned Units [a.k.a. EPU's] who came up with this definition of masculinity and lists of attributes are also leading the gender confused down the path. Ladies, there are two genders, with rare xxy and hermaphroditic exclusions, and many more states of mind. I saw 76 "genders" named by those that think genders are defined by the feelings du jour. According to my math that means that 74 of those genders are what we call 'beliefs' and, some may say 'whims.' Taken to the limits, it would be possible to have a separate gender for every individual on the planet. Then, if these were fluid and could change on a regular basis, as I have seen some claim, it would make for interesting lives where no one could do anything without considering their differential gender of the moment.
This gender calculus would result in the infamous 'pronoun catastrophe' where many gigabytes of memory would be needed just to store pronouns. Private restrooms would result in a building boom and door manufacturers and sign painters would be the growth industries for the next several centuries.
Every time I think that the progressive universities can't do anything dumber, they manage to search through their asylums and pull stuff like this out of their....hats. I have been thinking about this for a while and find that any school that offers degrees in "XXXX studies" where XXX= gender, women, black, Hispanic, social justice, and such, seem to be afflicted with this disease. One solution would be to require all those taking these softball courses to complete a year of basic physics, chemistry through organic, and math through differential equations. That should thin the herd substantially and remove these pimples on academic posteriors.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Even when they try to tone down the rhetoric their meaning shines through:

Our goal is to impact campus culture to increase acceptance of gender diversity, promote healthy relationships with an emphasis on consent, and prevent interpersonal violence.

From their website stating that it's menwho have trouble with acceptance of gender diversity and are the perpetrators of interpersonal violence.
Men are plainly the problem

Are they qualified therapists or psychiatric counselors?
Is this practicing medicine without a license?

The fact there is no corresponding program for women says men bear the blame.

edit on 29-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
These universities need a real man to walk in there and tell all the snowflakes to man the F up, get on with it and provide for your future family.

None of these feelings matter. Once you're the man of the house and are looking into your newborn's eyes, you have one mission.

Provide.

That's it. That's what a man does. Provide and hold the family unit together.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, in "gene" expression; eyes very close together are predatory from the animal/animist business... which means that side has been more dominate in expressing "itself". Yes those considering them a "head" or "god" of a certain family line of DNA expression on that key ladder of expression is on and from the dark spiral when in motion.

There is a path up and down out of all of that that requires no stupid sacrifices of life... as study of the elements means a lot in awakening to the true nature of immeasurability; of course that used to say man; and well still does when it reaches a certain point of "woman"; however "time" being a relativity that means all elements all expressing in and out with whatever affinities out of the silly "chain" of name and form or basically "concept" which is the realm of the uncreated and has nothing to do with all pervasive space.

The asura/demon/titan realm that likes to battle with the deava/dijin/angel gods realm... is really no different however, attached to that life/chain of causation... is the language of bondage to each other. Those not self; are all else. Of course not being self; no matter how much or wishes to be so; are just illusions of grasped delusions or attachment that causes the first chain in the cycle of ignorance to start off yet once again, either in one's own chain of bondage or of that in another... by "groups"

So please ignore or "become" another link "ignorant" not the first one mentioned; to the previous realms of comment as those attach their own forms of bondage well being attached to forms... many many levels to these realms and many many levels of knowledge and knowing based on those silly links called sight, sound, smell, taste, and tactile sensations... reversing that wheel can also be accomplished however it is typically not suggested. Unless one knows the results when doing so... if they do know the results in doing so; they would not even attempt it.

Experimentation is blind leading the blind... and well that blazing trail only ignites that river of hell or food chain in one's wheel of life... so need vs. want is that so called craving. Which only jumps the entire mass lands in the middle based on whatever greed, hate, or delusion those cast.

Time... means gene expression at varying or various rates of change or impermanence; that is always occuring... whether one wants to claim permanence, only varies on that rate of change and well time too is also conceptual and well to all things known and unknown there is a season.

Achieving balance is what much knowledge tries to do... however it also leaves many into bondage and slavery; as there are gaps in those rates of change... all pervasive space means those can be spread out or those conglomerated shrunk or compressed.

The stress or suffering at those rates of change; depend on the reaping of that wheel of life/mass. Many lead a life or path of purity to help not only the whole but also the individual no matter the life or the element in breathing room; this is why there is traditionally life paths of growth; not regression. Remember all life evolves... if it cannot keep up with that rate of change it should as wisdom would know from direct experience to let go or else they come to self harm; others attached and then forcing others attached into that same pathway they do not want or need; drag them though a lot of pointless suffering due to their own desire and craving of grasp...

How many hands sit when a mind is restless... many levels of learning; and well some are more compassionate in trying to understand in an empathetic way than others; there comes a point in time where that elephant holding up the world realizes all of those turtles of the four direction and ceases to stomp around it's own issues. Hate only ceases by the inverse which is hate... love is not the opposite of hate. Never will be never was as it is it's own individual unique expression and it like empathetic joy also never ceases... so in a place where there is little to no joy to be found; all that is left is to recognize those expressions that cannot get over "themself" whether enmass or as "themselves" by group.

This might fly over many peoples head's as rote graping or comprension goes; however remeber that second link? USe it as direct experience is always going to be the best teacher; compassion does not know any empathy other than it's own suffering; knowing the subject through as many facets as possible is the only way empathy or direct knowledge occurs; think of it as a life form living inside another life form as agorha's which have the root of agorhapobia or scared to go outside... however there is a metaorphisis typically in all those that look like "rice" do not forget rice is also "life".

Meaning; hey best to toss puffed rice at weddings; to spare some birds... cause you know cliche says that's what life is for.

Namaste; simple translation( I respect the god in you. Which means the two that had to come together as one in order to birth more life into wake fullness.

Sometimes it is easier to remember it is already a perfect system and has never ever had a fault... room is especially made and created in those gaps between all awarenesses of being/space and time for adaptation to whatever adversity so each can evolve and grow in their own space and time. That's the path of the individual with understanding the meaning of the whole.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
These universities need a real man to walk in there and tell all the snowflakes to man the F up, get on with it and provide for your future family.

None of these feelings matter. Once you're the man of the house and are looking into your newborn's eyes, you have one mission.

Provide.

That's it. That's what a man does. Provide and hold the family unit together.

These guys?
Won't happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I would expect this from Mickey Mouse Land (aka California)

But Texas?!
A lot of Jankies invaded Austin in the early '90's to present.
They are doing their damnedest to turn a once awesome city into a candy-ass sh!thole.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think Dave Rubin can also include the term "toxic masculinity" to his list of "charges" in this YouTube clip.

"Today's progressivism has become a faux moral movement, hurling charges of.....toxic masculinity."

edit on 4/30/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

I really don't understand this diagram... what is the context? Why would any rational person want to feel any of the emotions in the center? Also there is no expectation that men should be "bullies", we are expected to be gentlemen, tough and assertive when necessary but not outright mean or violent. And how are men expected to "know about sex"? If anything girls know about sex much earlier than guys, at least in my experience they mature more quickly than guys in that department. Adults are expected to know about sex, that's it. Also men are not expected to be emotionless, but in general they are less emotional than women and quite frankly I see that as a good thing because it allows logic to prevail more often than emotions. Of course it's important to feel emotions and let them out but it's also important to know how to control them.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

That's the whole point of the MasculinUT program at this college....to help vulnerable, weak men, who feel intimidated by strong, self assured, "masculine" men. They claim that masculinty is a source of aggressive and violent behavior, which of course, is utter bullsh!t. Like I stated in the beginning of this thread, this program wants to make unconfident, effeminate men, who are feeling emotions listed in the center of the diagram, to feel "good" about themselves. These men seem to need counseling because they suffer emotional distress and are offended "when they are told to “act like a man” or when they are encouraged to fulfill traditional gender roles, such as being “successful” or “the breadwinner.” This idiotic program pacifies these emotionally unstable, weak, male "snowflakes" and contributes to the PC culture that's so prevelant today
edit on 4/30/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So we're bombarded with propaganda about women acting like men and told how wonderful it is and then we're told that men acting like men is a mental illness? Okay...

Also should add that being a man who is compelled to chop off his penis is the picture of perfect health now as well.
edit on 30-4-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Chad prather did a truck talk on this. He summed it up well: "The university says the program is currently without leadership, which sounds about right."

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I bet it's based on this work which is really popular in academic circles:

King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine

Don't judge a book by it's cover. It's actually really good stuff if you take the time. Only as a fully trained Jedi will you be able to defeat the emperor!!

edit on 30-4-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

How do you know exactly what they are doing if you haven't attended the program. It sounds to me as if you are making stuff up. You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character. Maybe it is you who is weak and effeminate.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

What I can't understand about that diagram, is that I have read 5 pages of this thread and no one has even acknowledged that there is an obvious big vagina in the middle of it! Seriously? Am I the only one who sees that?

It just seemed like it would be ripe for humor. Hmmm...maybe I have more toxic masculinity in my female body then I realize.
edit on 4 30 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Did you notice how the middle of the poster looks like an abstract female genitalia?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join