It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: notsure1

LOL...

You're funny and probably don't have kids or even remember being a kid. Kids can be elusive when they want to be elusive. I remember low crawling across a soccer field to leave school grounds before. Or running alongside a bus, or a slow moving vehicle...been there,done that, bought the t-shirt.

If the kid doesn't get hit by the vehicle, this story would have never been reported. I wonder how many other kids left school grounds across the country during this and other walkouts? Probably hundreds or thousands.

45, 2 kids, and a 3 year old grandson. High school kids is one thing elementary school children still piss their pants and need supervision.

If a teacher takes my 11 year old son on a school field trip she/he is RESPONSIBLE for him..

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Teach children to look before crossing the street?

Teach teachers to teach instead of protest?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Yep. The interstate is not the place for protests.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

wow grambler, I can't believe you just used the death of a child to push your political ideology.....

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

wow grambler, I can't believe you just used the death of a child to push your political ideology.....

There's a whole posse in here doing just that, he is far from alone.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Care to explain the purpose of these walkouts again?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It was a dangerous waste of time, energy and breath to make a political standpoint that, obviously, was spawned by some teachers that use these kids as easy tools. Walkouts and protest agains "gun violence" achieve NOTHING. The ones practicing gun violence do not care about protests and laws

I knew a teacher from my 12th grade that used to influence pupils politicaly. I had much respect for him, until I noticed what he was doing. You find them everywhere I bet.

WTF were they thinking when they dragged 3-4 graders into this??? They were thinking of them as tools, used them as tools and now a child is dead. Because the political bull# was more impartant than keeping them safe or teach them something valuable.

Today, german pupils are protesting because their college exam (the version where everything is in english) was supposedly too hard. I can´t judge if it was too hard, but back in my days, we would be all suspended for a week, if we did that. There are other ways to complain, but no, they protest and they even get a padding on their shoulder for being whiney little brats.

Fact:
Politics do not belong into a school.

And some of you have the nerve to accuse the OP and likeminded to make this a political sideshow, when the reason for the accident, was one to begin with!!!

That´s how twisted some of you are, just so you won´t have to admit to yourself, that stuff like this goes way to far.

Shame yourself!!!

If this would have happened at a pro-gun-protest, I would have wrote the same, if the pro-gunners tried to shame the anti-gunners because they note that it was a political sideshow to begin with!!!

There is a time for sticking to your side but if it get´s that low, I expect from everyone to use their brain and show some humanity.

This was a political sideshow, the pupils were used and now one is dead!!!! That simple!!!! If not for the protest, the kid would still walk around. And if they had protested against anything other political, I would have written the same.

This thread really revealswho can think outside of their bias and who can not. Why am I not surprised, it´s the left fraction, again..

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: DBCowboy

Obviously since a child has died as a direct result of the walk out she will not want anymore scheduled walkouts right?

I think the lesson we can all learn from this is if you drop your kid off at school, he or she will be used as a political pawn for an ideological movement and his/her life will be sacrificed for that political movement.

Another lesson we learned is that if you drop your kid off at school, he/she will get shot up by a guy with a gun, because we let anyone have a gun, cuz guns r awesum.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
What’s really funny here, is that of all the school protests/walk outs that have been happening across the country, One kid gets tragically killed in an accident. By some of the responses here, you would think the end is nigh. But way more than one child has died in school shootings, and the response is “yeah, but that’s still such a RARE event - nothing to worry about.”

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Oh come on with that BS distraction.

I live in Germany, we have the strictest gunrights and still pupils and kids can get their hand on them, somehow, to start shootings at schools.

Hell, if they need a gun they take the bus over to poland or czech republic and get one on the blackmarket.

Are you afraid of soap? No? You should be, because it´s one ingredient to a very furious reactant used for starting fires. As long as criminals can get their hands on soap, there will be WMDs.
edit on 23-4-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

The very next post after yours...

It says right there he left the designated area.
This is tragic but the school is not responsible in any way.

====================
Back on topic, as a kid around 11 I remember we had curfews, that we broke every weekend... hey mom Im staying over at so and so's house, they would do the same then we would ride our bicycles all night.

Kids that age will do stupid things because they are still learning, and mistakes are the best teachers. That said if the school doesn't take them outside near a busy road the kid is alive period, there is no debate on that.

Sad seeing some that I know are parents trying to blame the kid, and the driver.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What’s really funny here, is that of all the school protests/walk outs that have been happening across the country, One kid gets tragically killed in an accident.

No, that´s not funny, not the least. It´s tragic, and when I write that, I mean it that way. You however used it in a bizzare sarcastical way that want´s to make me puke.

That´s exactly what I ment with the post way up this page.

But way more than one child has died in school shootings, and the response is “yeah, but that’s still such a RARE event - nothing to worry about.”

Care to quote that person? Or did you use it as a overgeneralization to paint everyone with the same brush, as you always do?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   

If your metaphor is going to hold up you will need to also agree that the party responsible here acted criminally

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

A child gets away/escapes from a daycare facility in the middle of the day and gets killed? Not the day cares responsibility?

When children go to school, isn't the school responsible until the child is home again (if bused to school)?

Come on people....this shouldn't be political...just common sense

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If that is the best you can up with.. That article is a farce because before Winnenden and Erfurt, we almost had none! Let´s see if you get to the end and finally make a valid, true comment here:

Considering the timeframes between those two accidents (2002-2009) and that they changed the law after 2009, what was your point again? Your article states that incidents became less after that law? Did it really?

Quiet the contrary

de.statista.com...

Please quote the alleged laws and actual statistics, not just a foreign article that has some major factual errors in it. Now, before you try to put words in my mouth:

No, I´m not saying that tighter gun laws brought more rampages. I know you would try to do that so I tell you upfront.

Your move.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep. But we have a MUCH bigger problem than one school protest not being supervised properly.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You mean staying with the truth? As in, you especially?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep. But we have a MUCH bigger problem than one school protest not being supervised properly.

We may.

And id hazard a guess that they are both rooted in the same issue: mental derangement.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I don’t read German, so can’t comment on your post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join