It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep. But we have a MUCH bigger problem than one school protest not being supervised properly.

We may.

And id hazard a guess that they are both rooted in the same issue: mental derangement.

Sure, I’ll go for that. Mental derangement, as in, the general obsession with guns. We have a gun culture unlike any other country in the world - and it shows, with all the mass shootings we have.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Ah like you could not understand the statistic, statistics are universal to language. You´re not only sly but lazy also. But I´ll help you understand:

The article you posted claims that gun-crimes went down after 2009, because they changed some laws.

Well, let´s take a look at the statistic from 1999-2016:

Before 2009:
Erfurt, Winnenden, Bad Reichenhall, Eiching

After 2009,
Munich, Düsseldorf, Lörach, Kerpen, Ansbach, Dossenheim

1999-2009: 10 years, 4 rampages = every 2.5 years, on average
2009-2016: 7 years, 6 rampages = every 0.7 year, on average

So, what was your point again, those laws helped cut down rampages? Seems like it got worse, regardless of some law. Would you repeat that statement or recognize it doesn´t hold any truth? What´s it going to be?
edit on 23-4-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Yep. But we have a MUCH bigger problem than one school protest not being supervised properly.

We may.

And id hazard a guess that they are both rooted in the same issue: mental derangement.

Sure, I’ll go for that. Mental derangement, as in, the general obsession with guns. We have a gun culture unlike any other country in the world - and it shows, with all the mass shootings we have.

Mass shootings is a made up measurement. Killings are killings. Be they bombs, cars, knives, poison, basball bat, etc.

I wont discuss gun crimes as a separate entity from crime on the whole. Guns arent magical and somehow a special form of extra death.

The fun part of it is that the whole nation has been duped into this pigeon holed conversation. If you Google "mass killings by nation" you get a bunvh of links to mass shooting content. Google, too, is steering the discussion by providing dishonest links. I do not have the time....but there is a link to a wiki that has enough detail to likely compile the dataset. But it will be a manual process.

BTW...you should appreciate not focusing on guns only. You would be surprised with the truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

You are right about one thing: statistics don’t lie.

According to criminologist Christian Pfeiffer, the 2009 Winnenden massacre was Germany’s last mass shooting, defined as four or more people killed in a public place, before a mass shooting took place in Munich in July 2016.

The 18-year-old perpetrator in Munich killed nine other people, and was reportedly obsessed with mass killers like Norwegian far-right terrorist Anders Behring Breivik: The shooting occurred on the same day as Breivik's attacks five years before.

Other rampage shootings in recent years have resulted in fewer than four deaths, such as in 2015 when a man shot dead two people in what appeared to be random killings.

Meanwhile, as of March 2017, the US has had more than 60 shootings that killed or injured at least four people, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

But even given the relatively high amount of guns in the country, Germany has one of the lowest rates of gun-related deaths each year, according to international GunPolicy.org research by the University of Sydney.

Over the past 20 years, “crimes against life” - which include murder as well as negligent manslaughter - that involve guns have dropped from 783 in 1995 to 130 in 2015, according to the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).

Of those crimes in 2015, just 57 were intentional murders.

This pales in comparison to the rates in the US, where firearm homicides surpass 11,000 people killed each year or roughly 3.5 deaths per 100,000 people, according to GunPolicy.org.

In Germany, that rate barely reaches 0.07 deaths per 100,000 people.

www.thelocal.de...

I would venture to guess that it is a combination of stricter gun laws and a different gun culture that helps to keep Germany’s gun violence so much lower than the U.S.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You want to pretend we don’t have a problem with gun violence in this country? Okay. Are you one of the people who claim that mass school shootings are such rare events that we don’t really need to worry about them? Can I quote you on that - for verschickter?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You want to pretend we don’t have a problem with gun violence in this country? Okay. Are you one of the people who claim that mass school shootings are such rare events that we don’t really need to worry about them? Can I quote you on that - for verschickter?

I want to discuss violent crime on the whole. Not just cherry pick a very slim segment of violent crime for political expediency.

If we were truly concerned about gun deaths we wouldnt be still dealing with the VA scandals over and over. Almost half of all gun deaths are veterans committing suicide.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Now you shift the goal posts?

So you ignore me and instead decided to post an article that shows how much the US differs from Germany culturewise?

How about the fact that laws won´t stop rampages, like I just proofed. But hey, I get it, you can´t admit being wrong. We call such persons spineless here, it´s the same type of person who would break something and walk away, be wrong but childlessly insist on being right, tells tells untruth and does not bother to correct it. Like an eel that winds itself out of every unpleasant situation.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Curious....why do you want to ignore all forms of death other than gun deaths? Why pigeonhole the conversation to frame a political narrative?

When people are blown up or bludgeoned...are they not really dying? Or is their death less tragic? Can you explain your logic?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I would venture to guess that it is a combination of stricter gun laws and a different gun culture that helps to keep Germany’s gun violence so much lower than the U.S.

Please read up on history.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Children are scared to go to school because they are afraid they will be shot. That is the point of these protests.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
And you think a law would make them sleep better? Because everyone who plans such a thing is definitly not going to respect that law. What in the world is so hard to understand?

I already proofed to you, stricter weapon laws DO NOT change anything to the better, at least not in Germany. And we have the strictest laws here, you need to see a psychologist if you´re under 25 and applying.

Still, 15 year olds who by law can´t even get a holding permit, drive the bus over the border and just buy it on the blackmarket!

Your fear instilled demand for daddy government to make the bad guys go away won´t work. Again - everyone who plans such a thing is definitly not going to respect that law. What in the world is so hard to understand?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

I already proofed to you, stricter weapon laws DO NOT change anything to the better, at least not in Germany. And we have the strictest laws here, you need to see a psychologist if you´re under 25 and applying.

You didn’t “proof” anything to me.

Over the past 20 years, “crimes against life” - which include murder as well as negligent manslaughter - that involve guns have dropped from 783 in 1995 to 130 in 2015, according to the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA).

www.thelocal.de...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Children are scared to go to school because they are afraid they will be shot. That is the point of these protests.

So the solution to allaying their fears is to continue bringing it up in their minds?

Do you really believe this is logical?

No focus on bullying? Classroom security? Mental health awareness? Only walking them out of class to make sure they not only feel continued anxiety, but also feel powerless by not taking any actual action?

We are doomed as a nation.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The kids WANT to protest. It’s their way of speaking out. They WANT to be heard.

All the other things you listed are also being looked at. By the adults.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, I provided a convicing amount of evidence against what you were trying to establish as fact here.

You have nothing to counter that, or have you? All that you did was post an article from the LA times, and that LA tells me volumes, isn´t it one of the most anti-gun states in the USA? I wonder what that tells me about the article....

hm...

That´s why so called discussions between me and you won´t work. You are proofen wrong very easy most of the times and then you ignore it to safe face. Yes, I guess you will repeat, I proofed nothing. When I write bull# and discover that, I at least have the spine to come back and rectify it. It´s called having a spine, because if you have one, it´s not a problem to admit a fault.

Edit: Last post here, you can have your last word... whatever...
edit on 23-4-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The kids WANT to protest. It’s their way of speaking out. They WANT to be heard.

Kids want candy for dinner too.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Kids want candy for dinner too.

The right to eat candy is not in the Constitution, but the right to assembly is.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Kids today are scared of everything,riding motorcycles,fist fights,being politically incorrect and being told facts that they weren't taught in school. Mostly it`s their parents and teachers fault,I feel sorry for these kids who are being raised to fear everything.There is no such thing as a safe space,the only way something can`t cause you harm is to be dead,quit being afraid and live your lives,get out and meet people who you are different from and try to see their point of view instead of being told what to think.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join