It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child is killed during school walk out against gun violence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

peacefully assemble

Isn´t there something called compulsory school attendance? Isn´t that point made moot when the teachers themselfes assign protests during school hours? They can do that after school, in their free time, they can assemble peacefully everywhere, just like it´s granted to them.

Oh wait, if they do it that way, the parents may have a word to speak, the kids can not be influenced as much. So why wasn´t this an option? Because the ones that started this protest, knew very well.

It´s like religion should not be part of government, biased politics, should have no part in a school. Now you find it okay, just wait until the ones have a grip on your schools system you despise so much.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I have said many times on this site that I’m not for taking away guns. I am for making it harder for the bad people to get guns, and if that means the good people have to jump through a few more hoops to get guns, I’m okay with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How many other children have died in the recent school protests? 20? 30? As many as the number of school children shot in recent school shootings?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I never said that 6 year olds should be on the street protesting. I said 6 year olds got shot, so an 11 year old could get shot too.

There are some who think 11 years old is old enough to shoot a gun, but they don’t think 11 years old is old enough to peacefully assemble? What age is too young to handle a gun? I’ll say whatever age that is, that’s the age that’s too young to peacefully assemble.

You keep saying peacefully assemble

That is not the issue here

By that thought, then children should not have to attend school at all and forcing them to violates there rights of assembly

That is absurd

The issue is that these are children and the adults at the school are responsible for their care while they are at the school

If those adults intentionally put these children in a situation where they know they will be difficult to supervise, they are responsible for any harm that befalls those children

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My two cents:

I love the idea of children practicing expressing their ideas political or not. Might as well learn what works and what doesn't for when they are adults.

I hate the idea that schools would allow a walk out and not have the necessary eyes on the children. They are in your custody while we are working to feed them.

Yes I know those babies knew better than to go where they went- surely they knew they weren't supposed to be there. But they were young kids. Just goofing off thinking they are invincible and can do whatever. The teachers are supposed to be there to tell them no, to stop them from going to where danger is, and to show them how to do things the right way

My goodness
I can't imagine what that boys parents are suffering right now.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Apparently it’s also difficult to keep children safe from being shot to death while in school, and yet... we still have school going on.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

If those adults intentionally put these children in a situation where they know they will be difficult to supervise, they are responsible for any harm that befalls those children

That's it.

Simply put and to the point.
edit on 23-4-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I agree. The problem is not that the kids were protesting. The problem is they weren’t properly supervised while they were protesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

How many other children have died in the recent school protests? 20? 30? As many as the number of school children shot in recent school shootings?

What does this have to do with anything?

Just because students get shot doesn’t mean that schools now should intentionally place them in dangerous situations where they may be harmed

More kids by far die of auto accidents than school shootings

So should schools encourage kids to, I don’t know, eat tide pods to protest vehicle deaths?

No because the eating of tide pods is dangerous

As is encouraging school walkouts

The truth is you would be against any walkout for a political cause you disagreed with, but are willing to put kids in dangerous situations if you think it suits you politically

I am against all of these walkouts because it is dangerous for the kids, even if the walkout would polically benefit me

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

That’s not true. If there was a group of kids who wanted to protest in favor of gun rights, I would say to let them. It’s their right.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Apparently it’s also difficult to keep children safe from being shot to death while in school, and yet... we still have school going on.

See my last post

Forcing kids into dangerous situations to protest deaths is a terrible thing to do

Again you selfishly like these protests because they align with you politically

Let’s see how much you celebrate them if they start to walkout over illegal immigrants killing people, or over abortion killing babies

Meanwhile I would be against all of that, because placing children in dangerous positions for any political reason is a terrible thing to do

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 23-4-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 23-4-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Just because students get shot doesn’t mean that schools now should intentionally place them in dangerous situations where they may be harmed

Just being in school is a dangerous situation.

More kids by far die of auto accidents than school shootings

Ahh. I see. You’re one of the ones who thinks school shootings are so rare, we shouldn’t worry about them. Far more kids have died in school shootings than have been hit by a car while protesting, so...

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How many mass stabbing and bombings in U.S. schools lately? How many mass shootings in schools lately?

WHy would the method matter though?

Do you think that without guns, no one dies?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

That’s not true. If there was a group of kids who wanted to protest in favor of gun rights, I would say to let them. It’s their right.

Well then at least you are consistently wrong

No one is saying kids don’t have the right to voice their opinion

We are saying they don’t have to right to walk out of school for any reason they see fit

But more importantly than that, the adults that run the schools should not be encouraging kids to walkout for any cause because it puts those children in dangerous positions and makes them near impossible to properly supervise

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I have said many times on this site that I’m not for taking away guns.

And yet here you are stating so clearly that you are. You make sweeping generalizations that people who want to address the mental health and target softness issues are only interested in their guns, you brush off the death of a child during a purely political protest the child is far too young to even be involved in as unimportant, and you refuse to be bothered at all by any child deaths that do not involve a gun.

I call BS on your response. You are all about the evil guns and nothing else matters. Your actions speak far louder than your empty words.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The method matters, because that’s the method the mass school shooters are using. They are not using knives and they are not using bombs. They are using guns.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The method matters, because that’s the method the mass school shooters are using. They are not using knives and they are not using bombs. They are using guns.

Re-read what you just typed.

"Mass school shooters only use guns"

You don't even realize it, but you have had your vocabulary coopted in just the way I described earlier in this thread.

Of course the only method a shooter uses is a gun. The only method stabber uses is a knife. Bombers use bombs.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I think yours is the first post that thought of the poor parents who just lost a child. Bless you for that.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join