It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer to Introduce Marijuana Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: abe froman
banking or big pharma?

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!"

There's your answer.

Permit me to control the addictions and mental states of a nation and I'll control their money and their laws...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Just to be fair, GOP douche bags like Boehner are on board now too.

Being a db is just about the only non-partisan position left in the U.S.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Lets see who does and does not co-sponsor it. And there be the hit list come election time.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Senator Charles Schumer is the Devil Incarnate , and anything he Proposes would be Hell for the American Public in the Long Run . .
edit on 19-4-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I'll put you down for against decriminalization then.

Check.

link   

Interesting.

Obviously a campaign ploy.

About the only way to defuse this is to vote to decriminalize.

Fingers crossed!

link   

It's to soon to tell. The usual is something added on after the fact. I'm not buying this.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
the Dem's know they need a miracle to stay in power

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I think chances of it even getting out of committee are slim.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We are talking billions of dollars in just the few legal states.

Bring it to all 50 states and we are getting into the trillion dollar range.

Money that the banks are missing out on.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

If you truly believe the big banks don't happily do business with this country's primary weed and hard drug barons, you're fooling yourself. There's good reasons why banks assist "structuring" where the big time dealers are concerned, dudes with bank assets into the tens and hundred millions while alerting the feds to it when the little guys are seen doing the same, even calling the exact same thing "smurfing" to ensure people remain ignorant to the fact that it only gets alerted and prosecuted when the depositor isn't keeping enough in their bank account to qualify as a "kept" client.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

No , I Favor the Idea , it's Just that an Opportunist Evil Bastid' like him dosen't need to try that Hard to be Liked by People who will Always See Through his Deceptions .........

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What took him so long? Oh yeah, elections are coming up and he's trying to secure a few pothead voters (not that being a pothead is a bad thing).

It needs to happen but I doubt this is anything other than posturing before an election.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Oh. You're jealous that it wasn't a Republican.

Check.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I like the way you think!

PREPARE THE PENS!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hell must have frozen over.

I agree with Chuck Schumer.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What took him so long? Oh yeah, elections are coming up and he's trying to secure a few pothead voters (not that being a pothead is a bad thing).

It needs to happen but I doubt this is anything other than posturing before an election.

I’m sure there are a number of reasons for Schumer suddenly championing this bill, including a recent push inNY to join Massachusetts’s, Maine,Colorado etc... in getting their ha did on some of the tax money from making it legal recreationally here. But for votes, not very likely. He won his district with 70% if the vote last time around and he represents NYC, Long Island, Westchester County and all the rest of the southern districts and counties that are overwhelmingly populated by democrats.

Were he running upstate in Gillibrand’s district where his rhetoric on the Second Amendment would get him burned in effigy then perhaps it could be pandering to voters. It’s not like Schumer is a big ticket item for other Dems to trot out at campaign rally’s and speaking engagements. I can’t think of any good or benign reason for Schumer to get his hands into this cookie jar. I just don’t think it’s pandering to the electorate.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Democrat Schumer says that he will be introducing a bill ( on 4/20 ) which will decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level.

First time this has been done, I think. But I doubt it will go anywhere.

We'll see what happens.

time.com...

i hope this happens.
tired of having to play the game cause i want to burn one while i watch the big bang theory

all that 4/20 # is stupid though and comes off as wrong.

4/20 MAAAAAAAAN.....

would much prefer this not to go down on that date

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Oh, kind of like the AK ballot measure where not only would pot be legal if passed, but all the criminals would be let of jail and reimbursed for their imprisonment! (@all, that did not even pass the people vote! It took another one for AK to pass it... on the left hand side).

The way it should work is one comprehensive approach. There is the bill to de-schedule industrial hemp at the national level and recognize it as not pot (R-KY, McConnell). Schumer shouldn't push his luck but wait until that one passes. Then, de-list MJ as a schedule 1 drug. Then, national tax issues, banking issues, etc., all resolved in one bill.

But hey what do I know?! Its 420, woooohoooo! Let's party with some groovy music, man!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Hey, fair enough..I entirely agree. I am just so over the self serving as$holes at the capital and the state level, trotting out "wins" for the people they subjugate at their most convenient time.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Interesting.

Obviously a campaign ploy.

About the only way to defuse this is to vote to decriminalize.

Fingers crossed!

DEMs have been slow rolling MJ laws for years waiting on public opinion to turn. Maybe it is just a campaign ploy but if the one of the top DEMs is putting it out it means, much like gay marriage and other issues, this could be at the tipping point where it will no longer hurt campaigns to support it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join