It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer to Introduce Marijuana Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Democrat Schumer says that he will be introducing a bill ( on 4/20 ) which will decriminalize Marijuana at the federal level.

First time this has been done, I think. But I doubt it will go anywhere.

We'll see what happens.

time.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
But I doubt it will go anywhere.

Agreed - folks will not stop growing and smoking weed, irrespective of what lip-service politicians throw at the general public.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Seems the timing's right a reply to: Phage

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Posturing for Nov. It will go nowhere, but nice try Schumer.

Can't imagine he puts down an ounce a week. Lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good. Now, what are they going to do with all the tax money? I hope they use it to pay down the debt. Its a false hope but hope none the less. First, it needs to pass.

edit on 19-4-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Seems the timing's right a reply to: Phage

Yeah April 20th is perfect.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
Haven't seen the bill.
Don't know what it says about sales or if it will be federally taxed.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Needs to happen. Alcohol is way worse. I don't smoke it or drink, but it should be legal.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Should be interesting to see if Big Pharma coordinated mutual responsibility (i.e. instructed their owned members of each party on which way they would be voting to ensure the bill fails but neither side receives direct blame for the failure or credit for the attempt) or if Big Pharma will instruct them to run along party lines as would be predictable.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Should be interesting to see if Big Pharma coordinated mutual responsibility (i.e. instructed their owned members of each party on which way they would be voting to ensure the bill fails but neither side receives direct blame for the failure or credit for the attempt) or if Big Pharma will instruct them to run along party lines as would be predictable.

Yea, more of us are dying from drinking alcohol, taking Big Pharms poison and as usual we have another politician who had all kinds of time to bring this to vote but conveniently waited before a midterm to do so.
The Big Pharm money lining our politicians pockets will never allow this to go thru.

Should piss anyone off who wants it legalized to see Chucky pull this stunt! Why now Chucky? Worried about that Blue Wave?

One thing I will guarantee? After the election you won't see Chucky pushing for it again until the next election!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Banks are missing out on lots of money because federal prohibition doesn't allow them to profit from the industry.

Which lobby is more powerful, banking or big pharma?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
banking or big pharma?

"Permit me to issue and control the money of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws!"

There's your answer.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The tell will be in the language of the bill. When they do these things for votes and don't want it to pass, they always put something in it to stop it. Schumer will do that I'm sure. Probably link it to gun control language to guarantee it fails. He will find a way to make his own bill fail.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Can't understand why they didn't put this in the ACA when they had the votes?

Hmmm

✌️

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We are talking billions of dollars in just the few legal states.

Bring it to all 50 states and we are getting into the trillion dollar range.

Money that the banks are missing out on.

Will be interesting to see how this goes.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

seriously, you bring this tripe out like its ground breaking...just before the mid terms. Ive thought freedom implied adult use of any naturally occuring product was part and parcel to freedom.

+×÷= them all but particularly the dem lip service douch bags like Schumer, ef him. Dont dare to think that we are all so ignorant as to buy this bs as a reason to vote for the likes of scummer and his sellout ilk.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now we get to see if Trump meant what he said on that phone call.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555
Here are some details on what the bill contains. Quite a clean bill, it seems.

The legislation, which Schumer’s office expects will be released within the next week, has six main points. First, it would remove marijuana from Drug Enforcement Administration’s list of controlled substances, which would end federal prohibition and leave it up to states to decide how to regulate the drug. Schumer stopped short of calling it legalization, but de-scheduling would essentially make marijuana legal at the federal level.

His bill would also would create some funding for minority and women-owned marijuana businesses, provide money for research into overall effects of marijuana and it’s specific effect on driving impairment. And lastly, it would “maintain federal authority to regulate marijuana advertising in the same way it does alcohol and tobacco,” which Schumer said is to make sure marijuana businesses aren’t targeting children with their ads.

news.vice.com...

Seems good. Except for that commie pinko MWBE stuff.

edit on 4/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Banks are missing out on lots of money because federal prohibition doesn't allow them to profit from the industry.

Which lobby is more powerful, banking or big pharma?

Considering the banks are presently losing money by taking activist position that blame violence of guns and refusing to do business with gun manufacturers while Big Pharma still is 100% shielded from discussion thanks to the HIPPA Act they demanded hiding the cocktails of SSRI and other psychotic episode inducing drugs every spree killer is on from the public discussion venues, I think the answer there is clear... The Pharmaceutical industry holds all of the cards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join