It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer to Introduce Marijuana Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

didnt want to derail the thread

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Me neither, that's why I said to look it up on your own.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeah. I didn't think you really cared much about it.

thats quite a response
i just didnt want to change the discussion

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ah, A quote from Nathan Rothchild.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Would it make any difference either way? As you say, MWBE is ingrained into all business enterprises anyway.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Been a long time since I've agreed with the democrats. I'm gonna try to enjoy this moment

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You believing Chuck Shumer...incoherent and bad for most everyone by accident since 2001....understandable...try agsin mofos.

Very sad watching this man cavort amongst the feeble.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's likely just window dressing... knowing it won't get passed and the added plus of pointing out that it was the GOP that stalled it. Either that or big pharma lobbyists cutback his campaign contributions LOL.

Still think its coming regardless but TPTB are positioning themselves to be able to maximize profit off of it, regulate it etc. Pretty sure there are some hard liners left and powerful lobbies against it but it's weakening a bit. Here's hoping

Interesting times for sure....never thought it would get this far this quickly.

They ought to send it to committee with a batch of brownies and have each member eat one then debate the bill, I'd certainly watch that on C-Span. As we join the session the Chairman is giggling till his eyes water ,Congressman Johnson has the floor, I mean he is literally laying on the floor, rambling. Congresswoman Thompson is shaking her head as she reaches for another brownie. Congressman Baker is on the phone with Domino's ordering a large pizza with the works and a liter of Mountain Dew. They have also sent in a request to turn down the lights and see whats on Netflix.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Way overdue, but surely will upset invested interests. Decriminalization nationally may be a first step towards at least easier legal medical marijuana at a national level if not just the staunch anti marijuana states. Such as Utah and Oklahoma have measures in the works for it. Will have to see what the bill entails. Happy 420!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Good. Then, we can lower taxes a little more.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
So people will want to go to the states to smoke instead of denmark or thailand?

Yeah sounds like a pander plan.

What's next chuck, Happy endings?

Street food vendors?

Repeal smoking bans?

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

im most concerned with what this would mean for employee drug testing

Probably not much.
I think the issue of impairment is more of a concern there than the legality.

that is and should be a concern with everything and not just grass.
i hope that with legalization at the federal level we will see new/different methods of testing so employers will actually be able to tell if a person is impaired and not popping positive cause they smoked a few days ago.

while drug testing gives them insurance breaks and such it costs companies and the state money too.
i see it quite often in the foundry.

randoms will come around and an operator will pop dirty. a good operator too. now he is dirty so they have to fire him.
now they are down an operator. that means OT for other operators. the hiring process for a new guy starts. it takes time. interviews. background checks. those cost money. have to buy him boots. there is $100
dude has to be trained. production suffers during the training. 3 weeks in he decides he cant handle it so the process starts again.

then of course dude that got fired heads down to human services to scoop up some assistance cause he now has no income. little food stamps. a little insurance.

sooner or later this will be realized and the testing will get to the point if they can tell if a person is impaired at the time of test.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Seems the timing's right a reply to: Phage

Yeah April 20th is perfect.

My thoughts exactly!
I was wondering what we could do this year to make Hitler's 129th birthday Really super special!
"THIS Bud's for You, Uncle Adolf"

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is nothing but smoke and mirrors, my friends. Democrats controlled Capitol Hill not so long ago. Where was their talk then to legalize marijuana. This is just a gambit by neo-liberal corporate Democrats to grab votes. Now, if progressives were in charge we would have a serious effort; but, alas, that is not the case... yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

neo-liberal corporate Democrats

nice
they sound as nasty as the neo-con republicans

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They need to force policy the same way they did with alcohol on the states that still; poison the well from which it grows.

Some of them are still in bed with the cartels; with the "black" market, throwing "kitchen wizardy" all over it to support the over bloated mental health industry... which they continue to force onto people; some in fact do need it; and some in fact do not. But when it is state and federally funded, who is actually getting baited and hooked other the public; that they have created those abused to put up on to begin with? Reagan saw how bad it was on the West Coast and shut all of that down; so they rerouted to the Eastern yet again.

Drain the damned swamp already; if that's what YOU are going to do; or maybe they won't use your stupid term you bought against YOU. That sentence is directly aimed at Mr. Donald J. Trump(Drumpt) interesting way to change the name keep it but mix it back up... I suppose you've been called a "card" before. Why anyone needs a name change is typically; to protect their personal life or family.

lol welcome to the "Smith" system. If people show up as a Jones; sometimes they create a Doe; when that makes a buck or two... something still gets shot; lol at the hidden moonshine joke(or not).

The system does not need to be sick; when I obeyed the "Stand your ground law" against a child molester; he grabbed hard at my arms and caught it on the end of his nose thenking he could; walk on by... then placed in the back of a state with federal funding vehicle to wait... requested some air and water instead of a stinky vehicle with a police(child) that chewed tobacco and inhaled off of a device and claimed it was medical... I was not read any of my rights. Incarecrated and did the time; while they consistantly played over the TV and Religious people come in and blare Christain religon for hours... which also showed no separation of church and state.

They still hound me over their own ineptitude to ever bring any justice... prejudged from go; using two counties against me as a LINE in one state.

Justice may be said to be blind; but deaf and dumb? Ha that also may be the case... I didn't complain at the constant ignorance recieved their except at the illegal hassament of religion. The hours spent sitting and standing in cuffs; nor the twenty plus years they threw the book at me avoiding their jobs they were meant to do, paid to do and trained to do.

Circus meets animal farm... lol nothing wrong with 1984 for those that lived in that time; as for the book best left as fiction.

Have a nice day!

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Well, I love the idea in theory--but I would have to read the bill to see what pork or other topics are covered in it as well.

But, disappointingly, I agree with you in that the bill will most likely go nowhere.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Democrats cannot move anything positive forward. We'll see if other Dems support this cogent thought.

Dems should add to that bill, a way to release all the innocent people thrown in to prison over these draconian marijuana laws.
edit on 20-4-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow so they are going to decriminalize pot then take away their right to have guns. A brilliant plan, what a workaround.

posted on Apr, 20 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
This is nothing but smoke and mirrors, my friends. Democrats controlled Capitol Hill not so long ago. Where was their talk then to legalize marijuana. This is just a gambit by neo-liberal corporate Democrats to grab votes. Now, if progressives were in charge we would have a serious effort; but, alas, that is not the case... yet.

I beg to differ. It is a brilliant plan to push getting more people on pot any which way, make them to passive to fight for our country, then take away their guns when they pass the medical marijuana card ban on gun ownership. Because its the only way they can circumvent both the second amendment and the people's will to fight to protect our country. You can guess what comes after.....Chinese, Russian, Blue Helmets or whatever.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join