It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption of Fox News Media

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Oh Gee, look at that. "Where is proof that God/Fox fired people for not lieing?" I put up not only them doing this, but sueing to make it legal..... And no response........ Shows the true color of Fox Watchers...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just because they made it legal to make up stories and lie doesn't mean they do it, anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If you would stop posting crap like this and start watching Fox News, you might notice that liberals abound on the network and that Bill O'Reilly is a registered Independent, which he will gladly prove.

I watch Fox News all the time and I know from long experience that they are what they say they are, "Fair and Balanced." The problem is that so many people who only have a couple of decades on the planet have lived with the liberal bias so long that they think that liberal bias equals truth.

I would suggest that those who have negotiated less than three decades shut and listen a little more before you start telling the rest of us what's what.

[edit on 05/2/26 by GradyPhilpott]

now that's what I'd call a knuckle sandwich!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ok, two fox watchers post, and one says it ok to lie and make up news, the other doesn't mention it..... Again, shows the true colors of Fox Fans.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Give it a break man, the whole world's corrupt. Get over it. Oh, I see, Fox News is just MORE corrupt right. Good grief! This topic's played

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You'll never convince them James The Lesser, they just don't get it. Corporate media is evil, it is not a free press, but a press run and owned by tyrannies.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's like arguing with gun grabbers, no matter how much info, how many stats, facts, and reality, they still say guns use evil mind powers to force people to commit crimes so we should arresst the gun, not the guy who killed someone during a mugging.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am not going to let this die, the damn republicans asked for proof of Fox News firing reporters for not lieing as ordered, I did, and they won't respond. Spinless twits. Gee, does the REALITY hurt? That Fox is so corrupt they would fire people for not lieing? While every other news organization fires a reporter for lieing and calling it news, Fox News sued to make it legal for them to lie and call it news! Damn, look at how spineless and gutless they are? They are faced with facts, they ignore it. No wonder Bush won, his followers have grade A++ blinders on.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I swear, just because you proved Fox News fired reporters for not lieing, and then sued to make lieing and calling it news legal doesn't mean anything.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Gee, who doesn't have a spine now? Sure no one else is posting, probably watching Fox News. And again, so what if they made it legal to lie and call it news, doesn't mean they still do it. Have proof they are still doing it?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I know, what a luagh.

Anyway heres to more!

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Gee, sorry, no one posted here for a long time and didn't know you were waiting for a response. YES! THEY STILL LIE AND CALL IT NEWS!!!! They keep saying, even though the whitehouse finally agreed there were no nukes, that Iraq has/had nukes. "The nuclear threa of Iraq" is a favorite phrase on fox, and yet the government admitted there was none.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Love you work james

Living in Australia, I'm lucky enough to be around people who all have a good laugh at Fox News, we look at it more as a comedy chanel of sorts. Thats all it should be sort for, a good laugh.

keep it up james.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

"The use of the FOX news trademarked phrase on the cover is likely to cause confusion among consumers as to the origin and sponsorship of the book." FOX Attorney Dori Hanswirth said. "You have to remember that people who watch FOX and listen to AM talk radio aren't what you'd call 'critical thinkers.' They don't call themselves 'Dittoheads' for nothing."
From www.freepressed.com...

It's good to know that FOX thinks highly of it's viewers.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
NTH, as stated, number one buyer of his book was Fox Fans..... shows how smart they are.......

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You liberals are really funny!!!!!!!!

don't drink the kool aid, unless it's ours....right

the media is rediculously liberal and i'm and independent voter myself.

dems and repubs are funny. they both hate each other for beating each other and there own games.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I really like Fox news , it gives me the news the way I like it. I do not like as I disagree with CNN ( Communist News Network) , while do you bash FOX so much , what has it done to you. I really do not like any of the news outlets , they seem fake , atlas Fox news as well , but from my stand point is it not better to get the news from the source that you bash , so you could check on the reality of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This thread from begining to end is one laughable thread. James the lesser ..you whine like a liberal ..and post like one..

I watch Fox news...as do millions...I dont agree with alot of things they say...I also occasionally watch the other networks and the difference is glaring to me. James the lesser you mostly whine about Fox news and its format. I am aware that it is very conservative. Also ..no where do they on the Fox format use the term Bush the God..or the God Bush..that is your cheap emotional embellishment ..in a attempt to play through.. further clearing up your liberal ranting and whining through poor emotional stunts. Cheap labeling .. a textbook liberal tactic. That is a very poor way to get a default setting to play through unchallanged..it smacks of acne and pubescence..please try better the next time and use reason and logic ..not histronics.

The main problem with your whole posting James the Lesser...is that most Americans disagree with you and are clearly voting with their channel selectors. All independent surveys agree with this ..the other networks have poor ratings compared to Fox. You dont seem to debate this point. Why?????? In case you havent noticed...James ..there is a significant group of Americans not intrested in touchy feely ..emotional histronics..or rantings and ravings on any subject.

I do however agree...Fox in some arenas is not what I call "Fair and Balanced. Conversely ...the other networks..CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS are not fair and balanced either. You dont appear to be whining about them..why???..
This became obvious to me years ago ..before home computers .. I listened to short wave radio .it became clear to me what a heavy paper curtain there actually was over America. I am well aware ..more than most Americans..how much the liberal networks have been masterbating the public with what passes for thier version of the news. Pardon the crudity but it is a accurate description of the other networks. They have had a free pass for decades and now with some competition ..the best they and their minions can do is whine..I have no respect for this conduct. Get real..try improving the product..or go under just like any other American buisness.
I do not put whole stock in Fox news though sometimes I Like their format much better than the other networks and thier obvous bias.
Neither do I put stock in whiners .James the Lesser....If you dont like Fox..do the adult thing ...change your conduct..and or change the station.
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
People buy books and the things you are whining about because they are growing up....and getting the pattern of a much larger picture than the previous news/information monoploy allowed.
They are becoming aware of the fact that the news media before Fox was operating in a huge vacume. where they could pass off default settings in the news format..to promote only one view of events , education , and history. In short they are becoming savy. I read lots of books and articles with which I dont agree..also those with which I agree...looking for patterns of operation/thinking.
Once again ..stop your whining ..it is very provincial. Change the channel..dont buy the books...doesnt matter to me...Im just not going to let you play through unchallenged like a default setting. Orangetom

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I havent got much to say on this topic, although i watched teh documentry "outfoxed" the other night, i dont know if it has been mentioned on this thread or is general knowlege to people on this thread. If not i advise people to watch it....
Fox news is a republican media station, which is fine. Although it potraying itself as fair and balanced is really laughable.
Also there was one scary statistic in "outfoxed" it asked news watchers questions about the war on terroism and iraq. One question was something along the lines of, "did the american government find links between osama bin laden and saddam hussen?" 15% of other news channel watchers said yes. While 78% of fox news watchers said yes.
Now we all know that suddam and bin laden werent connected, but 78% of (most likely) reupublican fox news watchers said there was?
Media affects the way people view the world, and i just think that the media should be hold responsible for tainting and adjusting the view of the world for their own economical gains.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join