It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Who's Off The Trump Train?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So one of the things we have heard from Trump supporters many times is that one of the main reasons why they voted for him was his very clear and oft repeated philosophical stand on intervention.

Well, now that we know Trump has no problem with at the very least putting on a show of intervention (whether its real or just a demonstration) I think its perfectly apropo to ask Trump supporters on this site if this is a deal breaker for them.

It sure as hell is for me.

But then again, i was never really a strong Trump supporter. Oh sure, ive defended him here and there, but only when there was a principle or idea involved that illustrated how unhinged people can be and not see logic and reason. In those cases when logic or reason was on Trumps side i would try to point out to others how they were allowing their hatred of the man to skew their reasoning faculties.

But war is quite a different thing isnt it?

I have to say, i caught Alex Jones crying on his show today after the strikes......and while i dont know how much of that is real, what i do know is that Alex (and others) have been almost blind fan boys of Trump since day 1. I find hero worship to be a very dangerous thing. Heroes are still people....and they can disappoint you. They WILL disappoint you, given enough time. So i found it odd that even while Alex was crying, growling and cursing about latest events, he managed to say "but i will still support Trump on tax cuts..." etc. I was thinking "WTF???" How does that even work? Isnt that a bit of ideological compartmentalization going on here? I mean, can you support Jeffrey Dahmer when hes fixing your car but not eating people?

So for me personally its pretty easy to let go of any hope that Trump will do anything i care about. You know...mainly since escalating tensions in the direction of WW3 pretty much makes everything else look pretty lame in comparison. I mean, hey Alex, tell me how much you like those tax cuts and that purdy wall while the country's being turned into a glass parking lot?

I was never really ON the Trump train.....but this crap is definitely MY MFn Red Line........and Trump done crossed it.

I'm OFF

anyone else?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

sh! t hasn't hit the fan yet... let's not get mental.

a proxy war is just a formality for every US president... always on the sophomore year...

its the aftermath or what happens next that's crucial.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I am just about off; and that is after supporting his cheap words about not going after weed.

I am tired of these wars.

I dont know if trump is a warmonger, is afraid the establishment has something on him and is now compling with them, or is being duped, but I dont care.

This is nuts.

I disagree about your characterization of trump supporters being fanboys.

Sure some are.

But I have seen many trump fans condemn this tonight, and I have condemned many things he has done.

But hey, the left and the establishment got the war they wanted.

So have fun buddying up with them trump, I am SURE they will buddy up to you and vote for you.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
He lost me on the steel deal. It's doing some major damage to manufacturing.

It's directly causing a major problem for me. Hopefully he snaps out of it.

We are supposed to be building up manufacturing, not killing it.

Major let down.

Who knows what's going on in geo politics. It's probably about some pipeline, or some other BS.

All of these politicians are insane and need a timeout.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Every POTUS eventually has somewhere bombed. It's a great way to show strength without openly warring with the main powers. My watershed moment was Bill Clinton having the Al-Shifa pharmaceuticals place blown up because they 'were producing VX nerve gas.' Problem was no evidence supported the claim. Whoops!

A lot of others lost their love of GW Bush with his war escapades and the same for Obama with the drone strikes. Trump's presided over more of those than Obama so he's really just doing what every POTUS did before him.

My point being it won't change many minds or opinions. It's a Presidential thing to bomb areas of the ME and not just a Trump thing.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It’s nice and easy to cower and turn a blind eye to injustice, tyranny and oppression in the world, but personally I’m glad someone will stand up to it.

I agree with this JS Mill quote:

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Ummm...this neocon bull# is a dealbreaker for me...he’s right up there with McCain and Graham as a deep state tool...

I’m out...

YouSir

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It’s nice and easy to cower and turn a blind eye to injustice, tyranny and oppression in the world, but personally I’m glad someone will stand up to it.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.

Well then surely you have seen proof assad did this?

Or must we bomb anyone that the establishment claims without proof deserves it?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The men in charge of the military have the evidence. Whether their decision-making is right or wrong remains to be seen.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i appreciate everyones thoughts but pls make it clear in your replies if youre

ON

or

OFF

sorry probly should have made it a poll but didnt think of it until now!

LOL

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ummm...and you know this...how...?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Some jumped off the Trump train after the April 17, 2017 Syria strikes. Since this was a well-orchestrated attack by the U.S. / Britain / France to protest the use of Chemical weapons by a mad man, there may be defectors from the leadership of all 3 nations.

But, there will also be those who climb onboard for that same reason.

Every action taken by the leader of a country attracts some and repels some. That's human nature.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...and you know this...how...?

YouSir

I don’t.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The men in charge of the military have the evidence. Whether their decision-making is right or wrong remains to be seen.

Oh thats same people that have lied us into war over and over again?

Excuse me if I would want to see proof before posting quotes bragging about how I am glad someone is standing up to injustice.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Excuse me if I would want to see proof before posting quotes bragging about how I am glad someone is standing up to injustice.

I’m not saying your misapprehensions are a bad thing. Everyone should be critical in moments like these. Whether you should abandon your leader is another question.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I disagree with wars unless they are for self-defense. For instance...I can’t go over and shoot a neighbor because I am angry, however, if he comes over in anger and threatens me and my family I have no issue with lethal force.

This is NOT an okay situation to use lethal force.

That being said most of what Trump has done is in alignment with my values and I know if Hillary were President things would be ten times worse so, no, I am not off his train, but disagree with this action.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
i appreciate everyones thoughts but pls make it clear in your replies if youre

ON

or

OFF

sorry probly should have made it a poll but didnt think of it until now!

LOL

Neither.

Trump made an idiotic decision to attack Syria the first time and this is worse.
He's also screwed up with the Omnibus bill and appointing John Bolton.

The last month has not been good at all and there is some concern I have that he has been compromised - possibly with some financial crimes that have been uncovered relating to him or a member of his family (Kushner?).

Each decision has to be evaluated and then all taken as whole and then, for American citizens (and a few million non American citizens), a decision made on where to place their vote when the time comes.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I’m not saying your misapprehensions are a bad thing. Everyone should be critical in moments like these. Whether you should abandon your leader is another question.

Who said abandon?

I cheered for Obama to do well, as I will trump.

I would have cheered for nhillary and I dislike her.

I feel unjustified war is about the most important thing to vote against.

I have not seen any proof this attack was justified.

I thought trump was against these types of attacks, and wanted to deescalate with putin and syria.

SO until I see proof that assad did this attack, I will most likely be voting against trump in the future, but still wanting him to do well.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Who said abandon?

I cheered for Obama to do well, as I will trump.

I would have cheered for nhillary and I dislike her.

I feel unjustified war is about the most important thing to vote against.

I have not seen any proof this attack was justified.

I thought trump was against these types of attacks, and wanted to deescalate with putin and syria.

SO until I see proof that assad did this attack, I will most likely be voting against trump in the future, but still wanting him to do well.

Yes, i’m Not questioning your reasoning here. I too want to see evidence. We should demand transparency. I’m not attacking you or anything.

But in my opinion, Trump would not act in bad faith in matters such as these. If he is being misled in any way, it is because someone else is acting in bad faith.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ummm...thank you for your honesty...I think in our own small way’s in multitudinous conversations...we all stand up to our own personal definitions of tyranny...
Those conversations happen every day here on ATS...
The truly unfortunate part is that voting is placebo at best...The main reason I voted for Trump was because of his campaign promises to pull back from military adventurism and seek congressional approval for any campaigns...

He’s proven to be untrustworthy on both accounts...he can pound sand now...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join