It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

I don't know anything about Trump's feelings toward Obama
You're kidding. Right?

it's because he makes mention of personally knowing of some cases where people benefited from the medicinal qualities of cannabis.
Yeah, well. This is about legal recreational use.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Trump has broken with Attorney General Sessions' hardline stance on marijuana, agreeing to support efforts to protect states which have legalized weed.

Good thing is, that he just promised words. He has the best words though, they deliver the best promises as well! This time they even had the power to make a dealmaker out of that sad Haribo Colorado testeater. Best. Deal. Ever. Plus he really just promised to 'support efforts', let them be fruitless then!

No, I'm not sorry for the French and this isn't in the pit. Why isn't this in the pit, Phage? You're too nice with the Orange Wotan and his MJ Sessions.

Way too nice.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Fortunately I can say that I'm not kidding.... and if and when I do Stumble Upon something that is describing Trump's feelings toward Obama I hope I dismiss it with a grain of salt just as I would any article describing Obama's feelings toward Trump.

Because I have neither the time nor the resources to set about trying to prove or disprove whether that individual should feel the way they do about the other.

As far as recreational marijuana........tension/apprehension.

edit on 16-4-2018 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Wayfarer

My use of gifs and humor is used to illustrate the knee-jerk reaction of todays social-media driven society. It further illustrates that partisan ideology gets in the way of rational thought and discourse.

I thought everyone understood that.

Apparently not, so I will work to formulate an explanation to everything I do in order to satisfy the incongruity that often develops from what I'm trying to impart and what is understood or even misunderstood.

Not quite, you're posting this junk to derail threads with your own agenda. Notice how your post I responded to had nothing to do with the OP...

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'd be more concerned with who they're planning on putting in jail to fill the empty slots when/if they stop putting people in jail for drugs...

Thought crimes, of course!

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'd be more concerned with who they're planning on putting in jail to fill the empty slots when/if they stop putting people in jail for drugs.

Homeless people and immigrants in some.

Other prisons they're going to convert to expensive condos above "multi-use" shop-o-tainment stores. Because we don't have nearly enough Verizon stores.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What Trump says and what Trump DOES are very different things.

He will say whatever it takes for his audience at the time to like him. Whether it's a world leader, a governor of a state, or a crowd of 20,000 people.

So long as they love him, he'll say whatever it takes.

Knowing that there are apparently no consequences among his supporters when he doesn't follow through later on.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Knowing that there are apparently no consequences among his supporters when he doesn't follow through later on.

For somebody who is not a "politician," he sure acts like one.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Cannabis legalization and re-scheduling has not a thing to do with Obammy not a single thing and all Obammy did was used it as a way to bust more people that was quite clear when he did nothing to try to re-schedule it but had a memo whoopty Doo, this was a long time coming. So stop acting like this a Obama vs Trump thing when it's a Justice thing that needs to be be fixed and taxed and regulated 21 and older. Prohibition has not stopped but made it more pervasive and has done nothing but given Billions and billions to drug cartels and drug dealers all throughout this country when the US could have used that precious income for Everything from schools to road's and real drugs problems that actually kill and destroy family's.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Legal pot is ok. Illegal pot not ok.

Lets repeat that a few times. Two seeds indistinguishable from one another. One gets the blessing from the king, the other does not.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

if you're referring to the medicinal use of cannabis versus the recreational use well although it is the exact same plant it's being used for two different purposes one of those purposes being relief from pain or other symptoms of disease and ailment

The other purpose is recreational use which is not held as in high esteem by the general public. I know that all pro cannabis people want to paint cannabis in a completely positive light... but the reality is... there is a stigma against recreational use of marijuana and there's a stigma for good reason.... on the surface it's not an all bright and snappy picture.

The general public Associates open cannabis use with poverty underemployment and General Social failure. And it doesn't really matter what any studies say to the contrary as long as the general public perceives it that way their attitude toward it will remain the same.

So we can sit here and say all we want that Trump is making the distinction. But he is not the one doing it. He does perceive the distinction between the two and he's not going to openly and wholeheartedly embrace the side of the issue that the General Public is not necessarily in favor of.

And by the same token I do not believe that he will set out to interfere with the individuals use even in the recreational manner. But he's not going to openly support something that is held in general distaste by the majority of the population.

edit on 19-4-2018 by HarryJoy because: Typo

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Which time?

But, Trump also called Colorado's legal marijuana industry a "real problem," in the same interview with O'Reilly, a departure from his position in 1990, when he told The Miami Herald that the US needs to "legalize drugs to win" the war on drugs.

www.businessinsider.com...

I wonder what his specific problem with it was?

It's existence?

The way it is structured?

Why didnt he have a "real problem" with Washington States legalized recreational cannabis industry? (which had been long since active at the time of the interview, although Colorado got theirs first...)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join