It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Which time?

But, Trump also called Colorado's legal marijuana industry a "real problem," in the same interview with O'Reilly, a departure from his position in 1990, when he told The Miami Herald that the US needs to "legalize drugs to win" the war on drugs.

www.businessinsider.com...

Proving like all other power seekers they are spinning us a line

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
According to Gardner, atrump made a deal so that Gardner would lift holds on remaining Department of Justice nominees.

“Since the campaign, President Trump has consistently supported states’ rights to decide for themselves how best to approach marijuana. Late Wednesday, I received a commitment from the President that the Department of Justice’s rescission of the Cole memo will not impact Colorado’s legal marijuana industry. Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all.

“Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees. My colleagues and I are continuing to work diligently on a bipartisan legislative solution that can pass Congress and head to the President’s desk to deliver on his campaign position.”

www.thecannabist.co...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry. I didn’t get that far.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Legalising Pot is like legalising Steak Knives. They're both potentially dangerous, although knives more so and the other endagers a supply shortage of Doritos. It's about time someone did something, good on him!
edit on 14-4-2018 by Artemis12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Don't get naive guys, all they want is to legalize it so they can produce it through Big Pharma and call it medical or pharmaceutical but it will be induced with chemicals that either remove the benefits and healing properties or add some undesired psychological effect.
Always buy from someone you know or grow it yourself!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on 4/14/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've been telling everyone since day one, Trump's position on cannabis is on record, for a long time. He may let his minions use it as a bargaining chip or something to work over the Dems, but people who understand the Art of the Deal realize that he has never truly intended to let anyone go after our beloved cannabis.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Let the people decide. Why not have a referendum? Or do those not fly in the States?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

He seemed to be OK with the announcement from DOJ to the contrary. Until, once again, he discovered that others can get in the president's way. So he made a deal. With Colorado.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In 5 to 10 years, it will be Legal ( replay to a page 1 post ) ...

Too much money, jobs, tax support, and then the many benefits money related and health related...

Soon™

As for it being this guy... nah, he just follows support from strings being tugged on connected to his arse...

He should be called " The Water President " because, he flows with whatever is the strongest current.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: boobs

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sessions is still living the Reefer Madness where smoking pot will either make you a commie or gay...lol

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I'm not as positive as you are on that time line, as far as the feds are concerned. There doesn't seem to be a lot of hinting about descheduling, much less legalizing. At some point, yes. Ten years, maybe.

One of the best concerts I've been to was at Winterland, in 1972. A benefit for the California Marijuana Initiative, which never went anywhere. Been a long, long time since then.

I remember Hot Tuna was the headliner, Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, a couple of other bands (Quicksilver?). Went till about 2 in the morning. It was so good. Of course, every concert at Winterland was so good.

Hah! Not Quicksilver, but Copperhead. Still, John Cippolina though. Close enough.
www.concertvault.com...

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
You have to give credit where credit is due. This imo shows Trumps patience and negotiating strategy.

He took a position that he held from the start ( favoring states rights) and utilized it to achieve a political objective. By not speaking out strongly in favor of legal mj he kept himself in a position to utilize it as a bargaining chip at an opportune moment. So he essentially has his cake and is eating it too....Bravo and well done Mr Trump.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

By not speaking out strongly in favor of legal mj he kept himself in a position to utilize it as a bargaining chip at an opportune moment.

You are confused. It was Gardner who forced Trump's hand.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
it all changes in June...................

Canada goes live

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Forced him to do what ? Take a position he already held ?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

#MAGA!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Apparently you are not aware of the sequence of events.
1) In January the DOJ announces that it will no longer follow the Obama policy regarding states legalization of marijuana. Trump was silent on the matter.

2) In January, in response, Gardner (a republican) says that he will block all DOJ nominations by the administration unless the policy is changed.

3) On Friday Trump finally says to Gardner, "Well, OK, we won't go after Colorado.
Are we cool now?"

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Sounds like good politics to me.....Trump was very clear in his pre election interview that he favored states rights on the issue.

If he remained silent subsequent to that....it's only to build a useful amount of tension/apprehension. Imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join