It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BornYesterday

Well, it went from a system by which possession was illegal to one where possession of under an ounce is legal and fine. (Alaska's law permits an ounce, not sure what CO's limit is). By the simple process of logic, it's obvious that the door is now open for weed intended to be sold in, say, Utah, to be transported without any fear of arrest or grief from it's source in Colorado to the Utah border. Previously this transport would have been illegal in Colorado, so while it did happen, so did discovery and arrest.

This problem isn't unique to marijuana nor do the various arguments lack precedent. Not that long ago dog fighting and cock fighting were legal in New Mexico and Oklahoma. Neither state made them illegal because the majority of residents particularly wanted to see the sports outlawed, they made them illegal because surrounding states put a lot of pressure on them to do so. Why? Because Texans, Coloradans, Arizonans, Nebraskans, etc were raising fighting animals and taking them and their gambling money into OK and NM on the weekends. Their home states had laws making it very illegal, but New Mexico and OK did not.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Another individual who doesn't realize how many rednecks use weed... LOL

... how many "people" use weed...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I've never used, "The Devil's Lettuce".

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: olaru12

pandering to the stoners

. Stoners would just spend 3 hours picking it all out of the carpet - then be happy they saved it.

This is the difference between stoners and dinosaurs I suppose.

that's brings back some memories....
edit on 13-4-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This problem isn't unique to marijuana nor do the various arguments lack precedent. Not that long ago dog fighting and cock fighting were legal in New Mexico and Oklahoma.

Illegal or not the chicken fights are still the main form of sat.nite entertainment in a lot of smaller villages in NM and Texas.
And the mota grows along the acequia.
edit on 13-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What about the Devil's Bacon or Tomato?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

What about the Devil's Bacon or Tomato?

Satans BLT.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I thought it was ‘The Devils’ Cabbage’...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

I thought it was ‘The Devils’ Cabbage’...

I'm making a salad, so sue me.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He said he wants to "see what the medical effects are." He said he supports medical marijuana but is ambivalent about recreational use. Is that cherry picking?

Being ambivalent about things and having to weigh them before making decisions is actually a good thing. I dont know how that could possibly be spun to be a bad thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What a fascist!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Wow. Go Trump? Yeah... go Trump!

Sessions needs to retire.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think trump saying this is awesome.

I never had hate for the guy.

But you must agree that doing good things does not erase the bad that a person has done.
So you can't expect anti-trump people to suddenly change how they feel.

Think about all the good things hillary has done in her life and ask yourself if anti-clinton people should forget all the bad she has done. Of course they shouldn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: Phage

He said he wants to "see what the medical effects are." He said he supports medical marijuana but is ambivalent about recreational use. Is that cherry picking?

Being ambivalent about things and having to weigh them before making decisions is actually a good thing. I don't know how that could possibly be spun to be a bad thing.

That's is a good thing. But if what the majority of the people want is recreational, then no one in government should be trying to govern based on their own personal opinions.

Our government is not here to tell us what we can and can't do. It is here to maintain infrastructure and follow the constitution. Nothing about recreational weed goes against the constitution.

Sessions wants to rule us not help lead us.

I am honestly not sure about trump in that regard yet. He does seem to change his stance depending on which way the wind is blowing but when it comes to a president I like that. I would rather he do what the people want him to do (so long as it isn't breaching the constitution) than do what he personally wants. So long as he doesn't sell out the country to some small but powerful group. We need a president to be of the people.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think trump saying this is awesome.

I never had hate for the guy.

But you must agree that doing good things does not erase the bad that a person has done.
So you can't expect anti-trump people to suddenly change how they feel.

Think about all the good things hillary has done in her life and ask yourself if anti-clinton people should forget all the bad she has done. Of course they shouldn't.

Hillary hasn't died yet, so I'm still waiting for that "one good thing" from her.

As for Trump? Hate him all you want!

It amuses the #### out of me!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One thing is obvious to me. He would not want to be taking away those new-found cash cows for the states that have already figured this money into their respective budgets. That would be messing with needed votes in the next election for sure.

As far as the right thing to do... yea. States should control the availability of, and the logistics to administer this drug presently.
edit on 13-4-2018 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

Why is this a bad thing or are you actually admitting Trump is doing the right thing? I am proud of the growth you are showing.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

A growth? Where? On my back?
I guess I'm overdue for a visit to my dermatologist.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I'll make a deal. If Trump fixes the cannabis issue federally I'll write an OP thanking him and change my avatar to a picture of Trump for a week.

(I feel dirty just typing that. And not in a good way.)

Please don't...
It would confirm my suspicions of your character.

I have been saying for months this is a non-issue while people like the op have been saying the sky is falling. Any rational thinking person can see NOTHING on this earth will stop the coming legalization of this helpful little plant. Trump knows this...
edit on 13-4-2018 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Has he put this in writing to the DOJ directing them to back off the legal states? Because Sessions has made it pretty clear that he was all for going after those states.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join