It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite images show Russian naval ships on the move; Mattis says US ‘ready’ to strike

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

a reply to: howtonhawky

Thanks howtonhawky for this update.

Sorry that some people here seem the need to "attack" some times.. it shouldn't be anytime, but especially in a post about probable breaking news, that can easily lead to at least a ship or two getting sunk.

In naval tactic stuff, leaving ports before an attack is the drill.. no sitting like ducks at Pearl harbour again..

Still, this doesn't mean they are just fleeing port, they are probably loaded for bear; and awaiting orders from on high on whether it gets real war nasty or not.

We are in very dangerous times at the moment. Many here may think it is nothing but a big scare op.

And for those who want to think Biblically, there is supposed to be the Gog-Magog war before Armageddon..(just saying)

They have already kicked out some diplomats... granted not "all" of them by a long shot yet. I think they ALL go home if war is declared, from all countries. We have had all these conflicts going on, but none were "declared wars" since WW2.

Russia said they would go after where ever the missiles came from as well. This of course means Navy ships too. The USS Donald Cook was sitting there as bait not long ago.

I hope somehow, that bad hostilities can be avoided; but the options for a peaceful settlement are quickly disappearing for various nefarious reasons.

As common peasants on this planet... sometimes situations are thrust upon the peasants, like a terrible war, for example.

Nobody wants them, but certain small percentage of people in high power positions always start them. And once started, one must "pitch in" for their countries survival, because the wonderful leaders have manipulated you into another bloody world war. And you "better hope" your side wins, or else it could be a very grim future for you and yours.

Nobody wins except those who profit from war.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
All sides must be very careful with this "posturing". I read that Cyber-hacking advances have come to real-time battle scenarios. Onboard computers can be tricked into thinking that an Enemy's fighter jet is a friend, and your buddies' jet is an enemy fighter.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Prove it.

This is the greatest threat of all out war since the Cuban missile crisis and your stance is "meh"????

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Talk about turning the page...

This thread just got rational.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

It's not a probability but it is a possibility given the characters involved , I think it's wrong to down play the seriousness of the situation as mere doom mongering , there is a genuine concern that this confrontation could spiral out of control.

Theresa May looks ready to join military action against the Assad regime in Syria without first seeking parliamentary consent, well-placed sources have told the BBC.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 11-4-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Wow world war 3 is really going to slap the spit out of allot of people. Are these people just born ignorant or choose to be?

We got serious threats folks..

I doubt we have bluffs on this one.

Sounds pretty serious and reminiscent of the bay of pigs.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

a reply to: carewemust

egg-zachary carewemust!

Enough testosterone spraying by super powers already, ok? What is it, "the extinction rut" ???

Hey, my "missile" is bigger than yours. My "missile" wiggles around before atmospheric entry, you are made defenceless.

Pretty obvious there will be massive damage and casualties... so slow down? Rethink...??? Nah, let's kill everyone.

Even if this luckily doesn't end badly, in a big way; it most certainly burns any bridge left standing for making things "happy" with Russia for a very long time.

Rumours are floating around out there that Iran will get a dose of missiles too. Again rumours.. pray that is all they are.

If Iran gets whacked too... all bets are off in my book...

Pravdaseeker

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Big deal they have a port there that they use...are our multiple FOB's in the middle east also poised for war? I wonder how many subs we have in the area and off the coast of South Korea? Big whoopppp this is posturing and nothing more...

edit on 11-4-2018 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Wow world war 3 is really going to slap the spit out of allot of people. Are these people just born ignorant or choose to be?

We got serious threats folks..

I doubt we have bluffs on this one.

Sounds pretty serious and reminiscent of the bay of pigs.

Raised that way.

In the US, schools are used to teach kids to be afraid of confrontation, and that the whole world would be happy to hold hands and sing along if we only asked.

they're not even taught how they money that dictates their lives works- and most never bother to learn.

Asking them to have a clue what a real war might be like is going too far...

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Trump says, "Putin I need a distraction!"

Putin, "Comrade, hold my beer."

Fake news. No real Russian drinks beers. If it was Putin, Trump would be holding his vodka.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Big deal they have a port there that they use...are our multiple FOB's in the middle east also poised for war? I wonder how many subs we have in the area and off the coast of South Korea? Big whoopppp this is posturing and nothing more...

Big deal? How bout the fact that we are spread out too thin over too many fronts, and they stand a real threat to our supply lines?

I love you arm chair generals.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I wonder if the usa navy ever got those kinks outta the steering systems?

I wonder how many subs off the coast of california that do not belong to usa?

There is no winners in war.

Didn't we learn anything from the bloods and the crypts?

edit on 11-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yep against an actual outfitted and geared regularly training army, with vastly better weaponry than what weve seen in the last 18 years is going to be a lot different.

Problem is people are desensitized to it (except for combat vets). So they think its all just a "game" for lack of a better word. They dont understand what hell can rain down when youre actually dealing with countries that can put ordnance inside your borders.

Because make no mistake, if they actually bite to go to war with the US and by proxy its allies? They are NOT going to pull punches, they know its going to have to be a devastating defeat that changes their world , the power dynamic of our planet, and their future.........or OURS
edit on 11-4-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Posturing as always. Nothing big is going to happen.

Agreed, Trump pulled back after his little Twitter hissy fit.

His next tweet was an hour~ later, and spoke of wanting to resolve Russian US relations.

My guess is he got a call telling him to sit down and shut up.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We really, really don't need or want a war.

How many American service men and women have to die or be injured? For Syria? It's way past the time that we could have gone in there and helped the civilians. Russia is in there now. Let them handle it.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: WarPig1939
Posturing as always. Nothing big is going to happen.

Agreed, Trump pulled back after his little Twitter hissy fit.

His next tweet was an hour~ later, and spoke of wanting to resolve Russian US relations.

My guess is he got a call telling him to sit down and shut up.

Seriously? A freaking Twitter post, from Trump no less, and all is right with the world again???

Unreal...

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Just my 2 cents. I truly believe that the deep state and the military industrial complex control the White House...no matter who's in charge. They "fire up" the neocons, that are in the Pentagon and the White House, to start pounding on their war drums. These are scary times and like someone else mentioned, we should not take this imminent US Syrian air strike lightly. My biggest concern is the lack of proof that Assad was behind these latest chemical attacks. We went to war against Iraq, because of a supposed threat from their weapons of mass destruction. There was no evidence of this and the war caused a sectarian civil war in Iraq. Many feel this civilian war between the Sunnis and Shias, started ISIS's resurgence in that area. The Iraq war was a way to exploit oil opportunities in post-Saddam Iraq. Why would the deep state and MIC want to start a potential war with Syria or Russia? Vested interests representing energy and weapons would profit from war, as well as political and economic interests that result from a regime change or a conflict in a certain region. However, cooler heads need to prevail, because we're dealing with two unpredictable individuals...Trump and Putin. The world would certainly suffer if either one of these individuals escalted this conflict into a nuclear war. Tucker Carlson discusses these points in this video clip:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Much ado about nothing.

Of course, silly rest of the world, what are we thinking? This is obviously residual, cross dimensional effects created by CERN. OUR BAD!
(sarc/)

If you haven't had your coffee yet, please go grab a cup.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

Times change.

Beer in Russia is no longer considered a soft drink.

They even classified it as alcohol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join