It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Paul Ryan will not seek reelection, he tells friends and colleagues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You should know damn well the difference between one or two singular anecdotes and many many anecdotes compiled using statistical analysis to create a trend chart. And if you don't then I suggest you go study Statistics.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
another republican who is saying see ya bye!

Florida Republican Rep. Dennis Ross is retiring after eight years of serving in the US House.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

that is a good way to look at it . I seriously doubt they can Impeach him . He does have 50-50 chance of being elected in 2020 . I wonder what rock Mueller will be looking under then

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Please link where I stated that, so I can properly reply.

You think what I'm saying is funny and I'm saying a Populist is posing as a Conservative while the real Conservative is being told to take his ass elsewhere.

I didn’t think what you said was funny. I said it was a joke because conservatism isn’t directly linked to being religious. Whether Trump or Paul Ryan is more conservative is all opinions and doesn’t matter in my opinion. I think most don’t care that Paul is leaving because he doesn’t follow through on what he says. Like the Healthcare bill the republicans boasted about being repealed and replaced for so long just to not have a clue when asked to do it after Trump won.

link   
Best news I have heard in some time, I cannot stand that guy.

Another 20 year politician that has never worked an honest day in their life,college to internship to holding office, my list of beefs goes deeper than that, just dont want to cover it right now.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There is no test. Actions speak louder than words.

You apparently aren't as informed as you believe if you don't know of the rift between the establishment and Trump and who the major players are.... McConnell, Ryan, etc. Have you forgotten about the NeverTrumpers?

Again, the issue is that the RINOs refuse to implement an agenda that the base clearly wants and elected them to implement. Recall the fiasco of them not even voting for the Obamacare repeal? They wouldn't even vote on the same bill they voted for under Obama.

The RINOs are adept at making it seem they support an agenda, but when given power they will not implement.

Trump gave them power pretty much on ONE ISSUE. Secure the god damn border. They can't even do that even though we have control because that is not where their interest lie.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is no test. Actions speak louder than words.

You apparently aren't as informed as you believe if you don't know of the rift between the establishment and Trump and who the major players are.... McConnell, Ryan, etc. Have you forgotten about the NeverTrumpers?

Don't make assumptions about my knowledge. I am well aware of the NeverTrumpers. That doesn't make them RINOs though. It just means they don't like Trump (who is really the only true RINO in the Republican party anyways since he's traditionally been a Democrat and is only a Republican currently because the extremists in the party like him and support him). You appear to be suggesting that sycophancy is required to be a true Republican.

Again, the issue is that the RINOs refuse to implement an agenda that the base clearly wants and elected them to implement. Recall the fiasco of them not even voting for the Obamacare repeal? They wouldn't even vote on the same bill they voted for under Obama.

The RINOs are adept at making it seem they support an agenda, but when given power they will not implement.

Trump gave them power pretty much on ONE ISSUE. Secure the god damn border. They can't even do that even though we have control because that is not where their interest lie.

Fun fact: They are in office and they only way they can get into office is by being voted in, so while YOU may not like what they are doing there are conservatives in the country who voted them into office. You not liking their actions doesn't make them a RINO. It just makes you stubborn and unwilling to compromise.

Extremists need to be marginalized again. Y'all are destroying our country with your refusal to compromise.
edit on 11-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
bet he's running for Prez in 2020. Too chicken to announce it while working for Trump

BET BET BET

edit on 11-4-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
bet he's running for Prez in 2020. Too chicken to announce it while working for Trump

BET BET BET

For what? He’s all talk and no action. It would be an epic fail on his part kinda like Jeb Bush.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I didn’t think what you said was funny.

So jokes aren't funny? Calling it a joke certainly implies, in my opinion, that you find it humorous.

I said it was a joke because conservatism isn’t directly linked to being religious.

For some suckers it certainly is.

Whether Trump or Paul Ryan is more conservative is all opinions and doesn’t matter in my opinion.

In the context of my comments it does because some people in the thread obviously think that to be the case.

I think most don’t care that Paul is leaving because he doesn’t follow through on what he says. Like the Healthcare bill the republicans boasted about being repealed and replaced for so long just to not have a clue when asked to do it after Trump won.

Does he control the Senate? It passed in the House which was his area of oversight.

Senate blocks proposal to repeal and replace ObamaCare

edit on 11-4-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁️ 💓 🧀 🍕

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You should know damn well the difference between one or two singular anecdotes and many many anecdotes compiled using statistical analysis to create a trend chart. And if you don't then I suggest you go study Statistics.

I am not certain the member you were engaged with is citing a statistical set. I think its more that he is citing people he perceived as "on the inside" (i.e., folks with a vested interest and presumed level of expertise in that particular arena) stating things that support his own particular viewpoint.

I'd also suggest that not only you not make challenging remarks to me regarding statistical analysis (i post here on break from doing statistical analysis for a living), but also that you make an attempt at at least being civil in responses to people. If the conversation frustrates you as much as it is seeming to, logging off for a break would certainly help.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: mikell

BET BET BET

For what? He’s all talk and no action. It would be an epic fail on his part kinda like Jeb Bush.

What I really wonder if he's afraid of what happens if Trump goes ahead of his 8 year stint. Might make him have to man up.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not making assumptions about your knowledge. Your posts and comments are evidence enough.

Fun Fact: The easiest job in the world is being an incumbent politician. You know damn well the machine is what typically puts people in office, not necessarily the "voters". Gerrymandering, slush funds, etc. Do we really need to start bringing out examples of opponents being squashed by the establishment?

There is a big difference between compromise and having no backbone or an agenda that is the opposite of what people are actually putting you in office for.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It was not Sean Hannity that stopped the bill Trump wanted for dreamers. It was the Democrats. The deal was on the table for them and they rejected it.

Also, Hannity did not stop the Omnibus Bill. It was voted up and signed.
Whether you like it or not, the evidence of Trump's first 15 months has shown he is, in fact, willing to deal with and compromise with Democrats.

You can't bring yourself to accept this reality because it seems you are hyper-partisan, the very thing you are moaning about.
There are those that refuse to recognise anything positive the President has done. What those people fail to realise is that by taking such an approach, they diminish their own voices.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Good all he ever did was fight trump and cause dissent within
the party against trump. hope he gets hit by a bus..

goodbye ass wipe

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"Things I gleaned this spring."

Not supporting Trump makes one a RINO.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A victory for the American people. Since Trump has come into office many congress on both sides have "retired". Trumps, not a likable guy I give you that however he is very entertaining and his campaign promises fulfilled are stacking up. If we could get Pelosi and Schumer out it would be a win-win for Dems, Repubs, and especially the American People.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is a good thing.

I think I'll have a steak tonight.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UKTruth
except perhaps Trump.

OMG. I was ignoring your posts until I saw this line. You cannot ACTUALLY think that Trump is bi-partisan? His entire thing is to appeal to the small sub-set of extreme conservatives in the country and ignore the desires of literally everyone else. Even when he suggests ideas that are even remotely bi-partisan his crazy ass advisers convince him otherwise and he ends up doubling down on the extreme conservative side. Sheesh... If you think Trump is bipartisan then I have a giant wall to sell you on the cheap.

Only the small sub-set wish to have stronger immigration enforcement and the wall?

Laughable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join