It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google, Gmail and your phone collecting your GPS position all the time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: buddha
I can No longer turn off location on my android phone!
but wen I kill people and plant bombs!
I leave the phone at Home!!!! brilliant yes?
That show just how STUPID they are......
who take a mobile with you when you do some thing illegal!
( I did not do it I was at home at that time!
see my mobile!)

Like I said, it's the stupid people we need to keep tabs on.

I hate to say this, but you're precisely the type of person they love having in their corner. Privacy encroachment is a serious matter, and when you so flippantly ignore it, it trivializes that importance to others and to the big companies who would potentially abuse it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Well for most of my day Google thinks im in Calgary because for some reason that's where my location gets set to based on my phone provider. It's kind of frustrating searching for stores or things because it gives me results for there. Then apparently I teleport back to Vancouver instantly when I connect to my WiFi. I'd actually be kinda interested to see what kind of location data Google has...but it has none. Because you can turn all that # off in your Google settings and actually look at all the data they have on you to make sure. I also don't have my real name linked to my Google account.

I mean they may save it anyway, but as far as I can tell Google doesnt really know a lot about me. I've also reset my advertising ID a few times and played with those settings. Then again im sure I'd still be surprised at how much data they actually do have.

That's just shill talk. They can track you via brain signals received by satellites, why do you think google want to send up thousands of them? For free wifi? HA!

They can track you even if you don't have a mobile phone, your DNA sends out an IP address, and they can track it.

Shhhhh.....they didn't give you that shill money so you'd go blab about the DNATCP protocols that are imbedded in everyone's DNA that gets a flu shot...ah #...oops....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah the guy who posted before you thought it was a good idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Google taught the NSA how to collect data, so I expected they have tracked everything we have ever done be it on a smart phone, or using google chrome, or gmail.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Just pop your battery out. Oh yeah, Iphones are so popular now.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

By an American phone get tracked by google and NSA, by a foreign phone get tracked and monitored by foreign intel agencies.

Our options are no cell phone or an old flip phone pretty much.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And you think it's just google and facebook???

Any jerk can buy a Stingwray or similar device....

edit on 10-4-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They can still track and enter phones location (even pre smartphone) when the phone is off but battery inside. Found out in 2013 after having a seizure while cycling and being in an ambulance for a while before being cleared to leave (saves wasting their and hospital time and resources) - paramedics were able to keep an eye on me while I continued and got the nearest train station heading home. Help would be sent if stationary for longer than five minutes.

Probably the only time such technology has been used for good rather than harm, plus being from the UK you can bet it's being done to you via five-eyes proxy as it's our guys doing it.

ETA: Do people even need stingrays anymore given current cell phone coverage/tower increase - pretty sure there's a apparently legal public list of all calls on a network available online and basic trig solves the tower values to pinpoint time differentials in towers receiving call/sms reads - may have used it to stop scam callers myself.
edit on 10-4-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Or, you can be one of a very rare breed like me. No cell phone. No computer tracking in a 1973 Chevy Impala. Ahhh, freedom!
Note: If you reveal that you don't own a cellphone people will look at you like you've grown a second head. However, the 1973 Chevy will draw admiring looks and comments from the older crowd.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

It's long been known... if you ever wish to escape from the law, the first thing you should do is duct tape your powered on cell phone somewhere inconspicuous to a tractor trailer rig heading in the exact opposite direction from which you plan on bugging out. Hell, if you can, buy a battery backup unit to attach to the phone, then air mail it to some random address in Cancun. By the time the authorities track down the phone itself, you should have days of advanced movement between you and where you were.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: Finspiracy

You said that they don't have the resources for someone as unimportant as you. That's not the point though. If they ever wanted to find s4it on you, they could; is the problem.
If a rogue government wanted to round up certain people or just pin something bad on someone, they can just go in and pull all the data they require. It doesn't matter that you are unimportant, you won't be if they don't want you to be.

That's the most worrying thing.

I see your point. And i guess "they" can just make up stuff also, to put me in a bad light. Then i would be dealing with such forces that it is the same to not even try to fight. I bet it has happened to someone. I just try to live as a good or neutral citizen and trying not to get paranoid over stuff that i have no control over. I have my laptop webcam covered with black tape, because otherwise i feel like it is staring at me. And i don't have a smartphone and never will have. Not because of GPS stuff or privacy issues, it is just that they spread zombie virus and i am not sure if i am immune. Some people are, some people are not, and the latter folks are practically prisoners of a machine they can't even fit into.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So your telling me Google knows I'll be spending the night in my house and than they'll track me as I go to work tomorrow? ... like I do every day.

Here's an idea; going to go do something you dont want people to know about ... dont bring your phone with you.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

see my mobile!)

I hate to say this, but you're precisely the type of person they love having in their corner. Privacy encroachment is a serious matter, and when you so flippantly ignore it, it trivializes that importance to others and to the big companies who would potentially abuse it.

Strangely, I am the least of their resource. I ensure I block as much as I can, yet still use my device as it was intended.

Funny that.

Let the stupid people be the sheep.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Well for most of my day Google thinks im in Calgary because for some reason that's where my location gets set to based on my phone provider. It's kind of frustrating searching for stores or things because it gives me results for there. Then apparently I teleport back to Vancouver instantly when I connect to my WiFi. I'd actually be kinda interested to see what kind of location data Google has...but it has none. Because you can turn all that # off in your Google settings and actually look at all the data they have on you to make sure. I also don't have my real name linked to my Google account.

I mean they may save it anyway, but as far as I can tell Google doesnt really know a lot about me. I've also reset my advertising ID a few times and played with those settings. Then again im sure I'd still be surprised at how much data they actually do have.

That's just shill talk. They can track you via brain signals received by satellites, why do you think google want to send up thousands of them? For free wifi? HA!

They can track you even if you don't have a mobile phone, your DNA sends out an IP address, and they can track it.

Shhhhh.....they didn't give you that shill money so you'd go blab about the DNATCP protocols that are imbedded in everyone's DNA that gets a flu shot...ah #...oops....

I could do with some shill money, I need a new car.

Know who I can secretly talk to, in order to make good on my devious sinister desires??

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Bottom line, you ninnys.

They are not tracking you via your network provided access points. You network is, sure. But BOOgle, no.

They can track you if you have your location services turned on. Wooooo... TURN IT OFF.

And you're that important, that unless you post on facebook your itinerary where you're going to go kill bob and his mates, even then, you're unlikely to be a ping on the radar, at best have your post blocked.

They want your info, and YOU give it to them. Use your device like a weapon. Learn it. Know it. Don't just assume that it is going to be safe with you doing nothing. Ignorance.

But hey, I'm not swallowing the pill, so I'm not getting anywhere.. I should be all "Google is out to get us, they track us having a piss and eating a souvlaki.. ZOMG we need to run away, kill our phone, and revert to subsisting on flowers and certain uncrunchy bugs man!!"

This thread is embarrassing for the most part. YES google are up to no good, but throwing the baby under the bus is not helping.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I asked Alexa about this and she said it wasn't true.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

see my mobile!)

Strangely, I am the least of their resource. I ensure I block as much as I can, yet still use my device as it was intended.

Funny that.

Let the stupid people be the sheep.

What you do personally, is not close though to what I addressed. By you trivializing other people's concerns about privacy, whether they are justified or not, lessens the importance big companies and OTHER people feel about those concerns. It's almost like giving other people a license to ignore what may be a legitimate concern.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Could be useful for catching criminals and terrorists.

As I get older, I do not consider it to be an intrusion that somebody knows where I am. In some ways, it's comforting. If I stroke out or fall over somewhere, somebody knows where to find me.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is crazy. Fifty years ago if you asked someone if they would allow a microchip to be embedded in them to track their every move, people would be like no freaking way. Here we are in 2018 and people do it voluntarily through their cell phone....

Most people who are worried about being tracked are usually up to some kind of monkey business. Theft, cheating on a spouse, planning the violent overthrow of the state, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I asked Alexa about this and she said it wasn't true.

Alexa is a liar and a ruse. If you want the real truth, you gotta ask "Axela."

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join