It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google, Gmail and your phone collecting your GPS position all the time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

And google has nothing to do with it either. 

For the topic at hand it does, triangulation if cell phones is a different kettle of fish though, it's why I brought it up.

Glad we agree. Your phone provider needs to know where you are in order to service your phone. But hey, lock it in a lead box, 12 feet under ground, cemented in... you're safe then.. no calls though. Weird that. 

They don't.

Just like I do not need to know the location of a CB radio to have a chat with whoever is on the other end.

I'm not knowledgeable on such things though, I know in WWII the coordinates of the "radio guy" wasn't needed to receive his transmission. Just needed to be in range.

I suspect phones work in a very similar fashion. You're either in range or the messenger (cell towers) tweet away till the right bird (cell phone) tweets back.

"ZOMG GOOGLES TRACKS YOU ALL DA TIME !11!!111" 
"No, it has nothing to do with google. Your phone needs to be known where it is, in order for it to be, you know, a mobile." 
"ZOMG, YOU CORPORATE SHILLLLL!!!!!111!!" 

Meh indeed.

However it's a fascinating subject in of itself and I imagine a few new members may have read this thread, hopefully they don't tin foil their houses though.

Waste of tin foil if you know what I mean?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join