It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google, Gmail and your phone collecting your GPS position all the time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: badw0lf

calm down knower of all things.

google tracks you even with no gps enabled or sim card installed.

Android phones gather your location data and send it to Google, even if you’ve turned off location services and don’t have a SIM card, 

before you go and call people stupid... pot/kettle, we've done this...
cell triangulation

Ohh triangulation... Turn YOUR GPS OFF...

That's part of it, if you turn it off, nothing is sent.

Jeez.... Calm down being so skeered.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So what?...

Second line.

They see you when you're sleeping, they know when you're awake.. They know if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake.

Google man is coming, to townnnnnn!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

GPS has nothing to do with triangulation via cell phone signal.

How do you think your phone receives texts or calls, it's not a direct signal. Your phone is always transmitting.

And Google are actually not the entity to be concerned about, they just want to generate money out of people.

But who cares right? It's not like anyone being tracked has ever been important..

edit on 10-4-2018 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

OH I found this out a while ago just going through my settings. It was CREEPY as it had my locations all the way back to 2012!!! I laughed because it showed just how boring my life is. I had one location pin in another town and I still to this day can't remember why I was there.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

you obviously didn't read or bothered to look at any of the links provided.

YOUR GPS OR SIM CARD AREN'T NEEDED FOR A PHONE TO BE TRACKED. ANY AVAILABLE SIGNAL PICKED UP BY YOUR PHONE CAN BE USED TO TRACK IT.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rhynouk
I have never turned my GPS on. I get constant messages about it but I just ignore them. I'm sure they have other ways of tracking you if they really needed to.
I'm fully aware that even with the GPS always off that they are still watching. I guess that's the suspicious mind I have. I've also never used Gmail on my Android. I wouldn't know how to use it.

I'm there with you and thought those were good steps as well but from what I have found, this makes little difference in whether they track you or not as it looks like it is done on the back end of the system so even if you have it turned off on your phone it doesn't mean that it isn't calculating the ping times from the local towers to locate you via triangulation, which is what it looks like it is doing with the Gmail thing. I don't have a link to this but was watching 48 hours where the prosecution was explaining how they tracked a suspect using a phone that had accessed a gmail account. They said in the episode that "even if you aren't using GPS tracking on a cell phone with Gmail access, the company can still tracks the location of the phone" and then it showed the GPS coordinates down the the ft.

The location looked like it was done every minute or so and it plotted them on a map on software I've never seen (not a standard Google or android app), so I have a feeling that things might be happening on the backend of the servers/cell providers.

While this may not be ground breaking news, the fact that google can track you for just using the email account is total BS and should be enough to make people not use it if they care about privacy IMO, especially if you have tracking turned off. It's one thing to have your cell provider tracking your location, that is kind of a given when using cell phones, but the fact that an email account can track you is not acceptable.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Think that's scary ?? Sunday the wife and I were looking at the string lights I purchased last winter on sale. 2 minutes later my phone beeped and it came up they are on sale again. We just looked at each other like WTF?? A couple of days earlier we were talking about going to a museum about 50 miles away within a couple of minutes it popped up on my phone??

I no longer have that phone it's swimming with the fishes. Changed brands and companies

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
So for those that don't know, if you have a gmail account linked to your smart phone (or any phone with GPS from what I've read), then Google constantly collects your position. In fact, there was a case not to long ago where the data was used to convict someone of murder as it showed their location, their stalking, etc. The data shows the "estimated" position and then will list the deviation and it looks like it can be within a few feet to a couple hundred feet in rural areas were towers aren't as plentiful.

IMO, this is reason enough to move away from Gmail, and Google as a whole. I guess one could put their phone in a portable faraday pouch (it seems mylar chip bags work well for this.

Who doesn't know? And it's EVERY PHONE, TABLET, LAPTOP.. if you have GPS.. and internet? You're pinned down...

Its every internet/phone company not just those. They know where we are, and where we were last...
edit on 10-4-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

It's upto the individual as to switch gps on or not, so those who keep it on constantly are offering themselves up for tracking!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It would be bliss no moaning women or work pals.
When I retire I'm launching my mobile into the sea. I hate them I only have it because of work.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yeah we know. Thanks for the heads up anyways though.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
They probably feel sorry for me. Leave house at 6am... work 10-13 hours... go to grocery store on the way home... go home. Repeat.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You said that they don't have the resources for someone as unimportant as you. That's not the point though. If they ever wanted to find s4it on you, they could; is the problem.
If a rogue government wanted to round up certain people or just pin something bad on someone, they can just go in and pull all the data they require. It doesn't matter that you are unimportant, you won't be if they don't want you to be.

That's the most worrying thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I can No longer turn off location on my android phone!
but wen I kill people and plant bombs!
I leave the phone at Home!!!! brilliant yes?
That show just how STUPID they are......
who take a mobile with you when you do some thing illegal!
( I did not do it I was at home at that time!
see my mobile!)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well for most of my day Google thinks im in Calgary because for some reason that's where my location gets set to based on my phone provider. It's kind of frustrating searching for stores or things because it gives me results for there. Then apparently I teleport back to Vancouver instantly when I connect to my WiFi. I'd actually be kinda interested to see what kind of location data Google has...but it has none. Because you can turn all that # off in your Google settings and actually look at all the data they have on you to make sure. I also don't have my real name linked to my Google account.

I mean they may save it anyway, but as far as I can tell Google doesnt really know a lot about me. I've also reset my advertising ID a few times and played with those settings. Then again im sure I'd still be surprised at how much data they actually do have.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

you obviously didn't read or bothered to look at any of the links provided.

YOUR GPS OR SIM CARD AREN'T NEEDED FOR A PHONE TO BE TRACKED. ANY AVAILABLE SIGNAL PICKED UP BY YOUR PHONE CAN BE USED TO TRACK IT.

Maybe if you type in all caps it will resonate more.

IT IS PART OF THE LOCATION SERVICE IN A GOOGLE OS. TURN IT OFF.

The rest of your rambling about how mobile phones work has nothing to do with google.

sheesh....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

GPS has nothing to do with triangulation via cell phone signal.

How do you think your phone receives texts or calls, it's not a direct signal. Your phone is always transmitting.

And Google are actually not the entity to be concerned about, they just want to generate money out of people.

But who cares right? It's not like anyone being tracked has ever been important..

And google has nothing to do with it either.

Glad we agree. Your phone provider needs to know where you are in order to service your phone. But hey, lock it in a lead box, 12 feet under ground, cemented in... you're safe then.. no calls though. Weird that.

"ZOMG GOOGLES TRACKS YOU ALL DA TIME !11!!111"
"No, it has nothing to do with google. Your phone needs to be known where it is, in order for it to be, you know, a mobile."
"ZOMG, YOU CORPORATE SHILLLLL!!!!!111!!"

meh...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I can No longer turn off location on my android phone!
but wen I kill people and plant bombs!
I leave the phone at Home!!!! brilliant yes?
That show just how STUPID they are......
who take a mobile with you when you do some thing illegal!
( I did not do it I was at home at that time!
see my mobile!)

Like I said, it's the stupid people we need to keep tabs on.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Well for most of my day Google thinks im in Calgary because for some reason that's where my location gets set to based on my phone provider. It's kind of frustrating searching for stores or things because it gives me results for there. Then apparently I teleport back to Vancouver instantly when I connect to my WiFi. I'd actually be kinda interested to see what kind of location data Google has...but it has none. Because you can turn all that # off in your Google settings and actually look at all the data they have on you to make sure. I also don't have my real name linked to my Google account.

I mean they may save it anyway, but as far as I can tell Google doesnt really know a lot about me. I've also reset my advertising ID a few times and played with those settings. Then again im sure I'd still be surprised at how much data they actually do have.

That's just shill talk. They can track you via brain signals received by satellites, why do you think google want to send up thousands of them? For free wifi? HA!

They can track you even if you don't have a mobile phone, your DNA sends out an IP address, and they can track it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Don't forget On-star in your vehicle whether it's activated or not they can track you and listen in without a warrant.

Just an FYI.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join