It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of London Tweets Carrying a Knife is Unlawful?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
Only if you have no reason to carry one. A 15 year old kid in London does not need one. I us e knives as a tool and that would be okay.

I would say that a fifteen year old kid in London requires a knife for their self preservation in this day in age. You have absolutely no idea, obviously. I would take a caution for carrying a blade over getting stabbed 20 times by a nutcase because "I looked at them funny".

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I grew up in moss side I have seen it all.
Ran a east end pub for 5 years also.
No idea my arse.
edit on 9-4-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I grew up in moss side I have seen it all.
Ran a east end pub for 5 years also.
No idea my arse.

Okay, fair play. I'm sorry I judged you on that but I'm seriously concerned about law and order in this country. I've honestly never carried a blade but I don't live in a massive city. Take into account that police stations have been closed everywhere.

There aren't enough police on the streets and the lunatics are running the asylum. You grew up in Moss Side? A close friend of mine did too. Do you think he went out on the estate without some protection? Don't be silly...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is what we get with nearly ten years of austerity. The kids have no prospects and the police have been cut.
Oh and no we never needed protection and I got mugged for a pack of fags by a dude with a .38 that was quite fun tbh.
London has always had gang trouble we should build a wall around it tbh London isnowt like the rest of the UK.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

I’m betting there is a inch restriction on knives..

There is an inch restriction in the US as well lol..

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Not in Texas. We are allowed to carry swords, if one so desires.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I KNEW Deadpool was Texan.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Self defence is generally not regarded as reasonable excuse for the public unless you are specifically identified by virtue of specific professions such as police etc.

That's the thing, right there, that I just can't wrap my head around. I guess it's because I'm only three generations removed from a time when it was expected that you took care of the problem when ever possible.

I mean, we make a big production out of not trusting govt. A thought process that I wholly subscribe to, yet many folks are OK, or at least seem to be, OK with this sort of thing. Not just in England as regards knives, either...

It's just strange to me that self-defense is frowned upon, or at least being prepared to defend ones self is.

Did I miss it in this thread? Was reasonable excuse defined? Or is that judged on a case by case? Can't even carry an cosh?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

F#ckin' ay!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

3" folders are great, I carry one, but given my druthers, I'd carry my WW1 vintage trench knife. Knucks and knife, all in one!

But, that's a knife with a 6" blade, and a big set of brass knucks welded/riveted to the tang==it's fairly obvious what it's for. About the only time I even contemplate carrying it on my hip is when I'm out in back of beyond on hunting trips.

Quite simply, to my mind, a six inch fixed blade is, in a life or death situation, better then a 3 inch one. But...as you say, that 3" I can carry everywhere, even the bank, and not get even blinked at. Most definitely wouldn't be the case with my pretty trench knife.

For those who don't know the name, this is a trench knife.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Lol, the knuckle duster handle alone bans that knife in the UK for even ownership!
Switch the handle and you could own it and carry outside with good reason, but self defence is not good reason in UK law.
I know, it's mad, but anywhere outside of the #hole London, it works...ish.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So around and around the world goes.

First "Stop and Frisk" is labeled racial profiling and racist due to the US adopting a European view of the world. Now in London stop and frisk is deemed necessary to keep weapons out of the hands of gangs and criminals. You simply can't make this stuff up.

The progressive world view has ran head on into itself.

The Met Police has introduced targeted patrols with extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected by knife crime

Exactly what New York City was condemned for here and throughout the progressive community world wide. Logic dictates they will have to condemn this also or be exposed.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

However I suppose we can take some comfort in the low levels of Sikh related knife crime.

Indeed. Sikhs don't go round stabbing people willy nilly but the fact is, some laws are wavered for certain folk who don't originate from this country. The natives have to adhere to the rules...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Exactly what New York City was condemned for here and throughout the progressive community world wide. Logic dictates they will have to condemn this also or be exposed.

Khan, London's elected mayor, has even come out and admitted stop n search is needed, he can't deny it to be honest. It may mean that one particular demographic in an area may be profiled, but even Khan knows that a certain demographic holds the lion share of being stabby. Hence his support for more stop n search again.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Won't work. Only dealing directly with the root of problems will change anything. They know that though. It's just government making it appear they are doing something.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sikhs have been here for years I know quite a few as British as you or I.
Sooki my fave psychologist (so fit) is great a right broad Yorkshire accent she is getting me a turban with a jewel and peacock feather in.
Gonna look so cool lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Won't work. Only dealing directly with the root of problems will change anything. They know that though. It's just government making it appear they are doing something.

Oh I totally agree. The communities are broken and need help, I'd pay more taxes to fund it even though it ain't my world...but they are my fellow Brits, and every death I see on the news saddens me. I think of my own son of similar age and thank my lucky stars he grew up here.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yep, Sikhs are good people mate. They look awesome when they congregate with their best Turbans on! The colours are beautiful.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Khan, London's elected mayor, has even come out and admitted stop n search is needed, he can't deny it to be honest. It may mean that one particular demographic in an area may be profiled, but even Khan knows that a certain demographic holds the lion share of being stabby. Hence his support for more stop n search again.

How many people were murdered before he was convinced?
edit on 9-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Clarification

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

How many people were murdered before he was convinced?

Very good question, but the root cause needs addressing, broken communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join