It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of London Tweets Carrying a Knife is Unlawful?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

KHHAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I personally love visiting states like Arizona where open carry of firearms is perfectly legal. Many have holstered pistols on their hip, as to remind you that yah, you could rob a store, but....

From what I read crime stat wise, states with the most strict gun laws have the worst gun related crime. Also, when is the last time you read about a concealed carry person shooting up anything?

I like a nice level playing field myself. Tends to keep things in check. We now know for a fact that banning guns does nothing. Banning knives does nothing as well. Anyone care to bet what the next ban will be?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Ban this you euro morons....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

To be fair, you lot in the states are pretty damn stupid too. You are a byword for stupidity worldwide, we are just doing what we can to stop you looking quite so bad so you should be thanking us.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Well then...

Thank you!!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are jelly smellcome!

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The only thing the knife you describe is good for is throw it at the attacker and run. What is London gonna ban next.....Running shoes ? Seems to me that they have disarmed the populace of a major British city...WOW! I guess when people start carrying cricket bats and big sticks....then cricket bats & big sticks will be banned. Stones are next.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My family would be in a lot of trouble if knives were illegal to carry here! LOL My 16 year old loves knives and metalsmithing, he has quite the collection of knives of all sorts! I think I have one in my purse, one or tell in my car, and I know my 16 year old always has one on his boot and one in his backpack. LOL

Last year some girl reported a bunch of kids to the high schools resource officer and principal for having knives on them. They had no choice but to investigate. I was called to the school of course and when I walked in there were about 100 kids waiting for parents or to be searched. Turns out all of the kids reported were FFA (Future Farmers of America) and ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corps). This girl was trying to get herself out of some other trouble and did this as a distraction.

My son had been reported several times over past years for having knives, even though at the time he never called them to school. We finally told him that he was to tell the school he was not to be searched without them calling his parents first and us being present. This time he refused the search and told them to call me, which pissed off the principal. When they got to his search, the hall monitor and I got along really well, chatting the whole time and ignoring the principal. He pulled out a tiny little book, asked what it was, to which my son said it was a pocket Bible. I didn't even know he had that, we aren't a big religious family mind you. We go to church on occasion, but it was a gift my mother gave all my kids when they were little. He patted my son on the back, put it back in the bag, and stopped the search. Told the principal there was nothing. The only thing my son had was his Leatherman and they principal kicked him out for the day over that because it has a small knife on it.

Because of how many kids this involved and the type of kids, as well as the parental complaints, the school ended up changing the rules and now they allow up to a certain size knife. Mostly because these kids use them on a daily basis before and after school. We are still a pretty big agricultural area with lots of farm kids who actually use their knives as a tool. LMAO

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MaMaa

Interesting post

The biggest difference is the culture though, sounds like young people are not stabbing each other to death in your parts. Same in my area, only a few hours away from the #hole London, but massively different. Stabbings are rare here and frowned upon even by youths themselves. I've asked my son and most of his mates and they regard pulling a knife as a sign of weakness instead of fighting like men with fists. Stabby people are shunned by society here, but again, cultural differences.
My area is a beautiful environment, not a concrete jungle with no hope like London. It's also 98%+ white/no-faith/christian (last census) but of course I wouldn't say race has anything to do with it, curiously though, we have as much poverty here as London, just for some reason we aren't as stabby in these parts.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: knows_but_doesnt
I personally love visiting states like Arizona where open carry of firearms is perfectly legal. Many have holstered pistols on their hip, as to remind you that yah, you could rob a store, but....

From what I read crime stat wise, states with the most strict gun laws have the worst gun related crime. Also, when is the last time you read about a concealed carry person shooting up anything?

I like a nice level playing field myself. Tends to keep things in check. We now know for a fact that banning guns does nothing. Banning knives does nothing as well. Anyone care to bet what the next ban will be?

Facts mean nothing to some people. Great post and it's a shame it appeared to fall on deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: EternalSolace

To be fair, you lot in the states are pretty damn stupid too. You are a byword for stupidity worldwide, we are just doing what we can to stop you looking quite so bad so you should be thanking us.

What a sh1tty post. You've just insulted about 70% of the membership of ATS.
edit on 10-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Facts mean nothing to some people. Great post and it's a shame it appeared to fall on deaf ears.

It got a star from me

Knife laws are strict enough already, but it doesn't stop London thugs from killing each other. They'd use screwdrivers if there were no knives in the world. The real issue is cultural, and broken communities which need major help.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

And frozen spaghetti daggers if there were no screwdrivers.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Nanny state mate.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Nanny state mate.

Tragically it seems these communities need a nanny, because on their own they are just raising new generations of thugs. It's a cultural problem 'gangsta' bull#, and some intervention is needed as far as I see it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yes, born and raised in poverty. Stupid antics are par for the course.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes, born and raised in poverty. Stupid antics are par for the course.

Plenty of poverty in my parts as well, benefits are a national rate, same as minimum wage, and rents are high due to second homes, plus one of the highest water charges in the UK.
Our poor are just not as stabby as poor people in London for whatever reason, but I don't blame poverty in isolation.
Maybe environment, maybe cultural, I don't know, but poverty alone, nope don't buy that.

EDIT
Seasonal work half the year, if it's a crap summer then even worse, London doesn't have the monopoly on poverty by any stretch of the imagination...just the monopoly on being stabby.
edit on 10-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

tattoos of knives are still okay....yes?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

tattoos of knives are still okay....yes?

Of course not, that would frighten the children!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join