It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of London Tweets Carrying a Knife is Unlawful?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Mayor of London should ban ammonium nitrate, fertilizer, box trucks, and diesal fuel.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
lol Well we been saying it and saying it.. If you ban guns people will just use knives. So now when you ban knives what next

All blunt objects? No pots or pans or bats or sharp sticks. Is that what you want here liberals?

What is next? Shillelaghs or cricket bats... What happens next is mob rule, gang style, so if you do not have an equalizer you then gain advantage in numbers. Humans are like that...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Mayor of London should ban ammonium nitrate, fertilizer, box trucks, and diesal fuel.

Need to ban no more than 2 people congregating at anyone time.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Maybe after what happened in Indianapolis this weekend, some U.S. mayors will ban knives from being carried in public.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All cutlery will need to be ordered online I guess.

All cutlery will need to be registered... I love watching that CA melt down...

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

An officer would likely stop for a chat, walking around with a cricket or baseball bat. Take it off you if he thinks you're looking for trouble. Pool cues in cases will pass. He could even take the pots and pans if he thinks they're intended as weapons. I've seen bolt croppers taken off someone. Even tools in your car are at risk. Officers do have too much room for manipulation on that, admittedly.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Only if you have no reason to carry one. A 15 year old kid in London does not need one. I us e knives as a tool and that would be okay.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Believe it or not, certain types of fertilisers are banned in N Ireland due to them being used for the reason you are inferring during the late unpleasantness.

The knife laws on tbe UK have stood for years. As has been stated, non-locking blade sub 3" can be carried most places without reasonable excuse. Over 3" or any size locking/fixed blade needs a reason such as using it for work, fishing, hunting or attending an established club where they may be needed such as Army Cadets etc. You need to be able to demonstrate that you are only carrying for this reason, such as being on the way to work or the club, having your fishing kit with you etc.

You also can't carry any blade at all in certain places such as a pub, sporting event etc.

I have a Swiss Army knife I keep in my pocket or sometimes carry my dad's old Army issue clasp knife. Both are UK legal. If I'm going to work I'll usually have my leatherman wave. As it has a locking blade I cannot just carry it all of the time, but I do use it for my job.

Bit of a silly law as non-locking blades are more dangerous for the user, but there you go.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   
To be pedantic - carrying a knife is not illegal. However, it is illegal to "carry a knife in public without good reason, unless it has a folding blade with a cutting edge 3 inches long or less".

Clearly, if you are living in some crap scum-riddled part of London, then you have no reason to be carrying a knife.

Sadly the Mayor of London, Mr Khan, has previously pandered to political correctness and had used his office and influence to inhibit policing in London e.g. "stop and search". He's part of the problem, so glad he's now woken up.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
They can take my pointy stick when they pry it from my cold dead hands!

I almost always have my Swiss Army knife on me, in it's leather pouch, in my camera bag or small pack. It's a tool, used for many jobs, with it's array of useful blades, screwdrivers, scissors, saw etc. Yes, the blade locks into place so is "technically" illegal, but I have had it since before the ban came in and I am damned if I am going to trash it just to please some ill thought out, politically motivated, public appeasement nonsense!

People like Khan, or for that matter Cressida "Dick" (how very apt that surname is) are politically motivated idiots out for ratings only, but irresponsible and ineffective for anything more than flipping burgers (under strict supervision, of course).
Sure, they quote statistics, call for "action" and do nothing. Need a bigger budget to protect whitehall with another ring of steel and heavily armed police units.... no problem! The rest of us are on our own though... mere peasants, possible crime statistics to quote after the fact, with platitudes (again) that they'll do better next time and lessons have been learned. I'd rather rely on myself, to protect myself and those I care about. The police can investigate afterwards, if they can spare the manpower from looking for "possible hate speech" on Farcebook.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
In my experience our local bobbies are not idiots and will have a bit common sense.
I will still be able to use my machete when I camp out and will still kill those evil water melons with my new sword in my back yard.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

London needs their own laws tbh.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

London needs their own laws tbh.

That’s what Khan is aiming for......as long as it’s Sharia!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

So how do I Slice Me Bleedin' Apple Mate ?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Big blade, as opposed to a small blade. Have you ever seen the damage a "small" blade can do? There's a reason I don't carry a big blade--you don't need to.

Yeah, a big ol' Arkansas Toothpick looks intimidating as all get out, and trust me, it hurts goin' in, and comin' out...but my little 3" folder can do a considerable amount of damage in the right hands.

What are the laws in Great Britain regarding carrying something like this?

I don't like the idea of being forbidden by law to carry something that I can defend myself with... Maybe it's just me, but I've been in enough dicey situations in my time where having a weapon might have saved me some aches and pains... Just because one carries, doesn't mean one is looking for trouble. It's being prepared for that odd occasion when trouble comes looking for you!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Right now the UK is doing more for American 2nd amendment rights than any pro 2nd group possibly could.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: knows_but_doesnt

So how do I Slice Me Bleedin' Apple Mate ?

Eat it with your bleeding teeth.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Beware the watermelon of doom.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Ouch that would be a decent cut.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Certainly is.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

A baton, kosh or nightstick will get confiscated if carried. Same for Nunchuku. I've even seen an officer try to take a kubotan, but you can argue them as keyrings and it wasn't taken in the end. A lot of the time you rely on officer discretion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join