It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here's one for the Shed's Finnish contingent!

I salute you with some Epic Celtic ROCK!

Watch that with the SOUND UP HIGH and tell me you're not feeling AMAZING afterwards!!! LOL

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Great advice Gordi !!! Thanks for sharing. We all need to be proactive about our healthcare, especially our mental health.

Thanks Sheye!
I spent most of today out in the woods again, collecting litter!
I burned what I could in the fire pits of the visitor area and took the rest home for recycling etc.
It's a very strange mix of feeling great about nature/life AND feeling terribly bad about what we humans (idiots) are doing to it all!!
At least I left it better than I found it, which makes me feel better too!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Very commendable!
Were you wearing your Womble hat? (A children's TV programme for the non-UKers which had mythical creatures that hated the rubbish the messy humans left behind in their habitat)

Apparently there's a small wood near here (Kralingse Bos) but I don't know the area all that well and I am more than slightly worried that I either won't find it on my own or find my way back home if I do. Perhaps I should be a little more adventurous, I've only been living here for a year! LOL

ETA

edit on 14/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hugs gang!

Real life has been incredibly busy, I have been lurking and tossing stars around but I honestly just haven't had the time to post and when I do I am exhausted.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow morning , and I plan on taking some time to just chill.. I'll craft together a meathead update post then

/exhausted-leakyfaucets-mindlossedit-paintapictureBobRossit-happylittletrees-andverybusybees-mousegetsthecheese-itchybutnofleas-mountianstohighseas-of fshorebreeze-wobblyknees-Hugs to all!!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Oh yes, those are very cool! I was poking around trying to find a vid on that, but came across this and ended up finding a jewelry tutorial using pottery or china pieces.

I'm glad I did, because I kept seeing gemstones and sea glass that looked like they were soldered around the edges and found the secret...aluminum tape!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Loved the video Gordi! And the scenery was breath taking!

I used to go around the beaches and parks picking up trash but, now all that walking and bending would kill me. Good on you for doing your part to help.

I have been looking forward to the porches being done so I can sit out, but they are still working on them. I don't even mind the loud banging and drilling waking me up in the morning. I just hope they are completed before it gets really hot and humid. I know I will be out there throughout Autumn for sure!

My plan is to do some crafts out there and read.

You gave some great advice about depression. I realize though that for me, part of my depression is that I can't do the things I used to. I miss going to the ocean and taking long walks on the beach or around parks. I only get out two times a week, sometimes 3 if my other best friend travels an hour to get here. Soon enough, I will be pulling an overnighter at her house though.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oh what cute puppets or muppets or whatever those creatures are! LOL! Yes, be adventurous!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Fin, Pinocchio and Joe, great to see you all! Hello to all the lurkers who are growing in numbers. You guys must have an army by now. Poor Pixies can hardly keep up with the donut demands.

A lovely sunny day here. Noisy from the construction so they are drowning out the bird songs, but I will have a new porch soon. Yay!!! The chimney sweeps are chirping in the chimney again this year. Ever since a juvinile one fell down the pipe and plopped onto my kitchen floor, I fear another incident.
I tried so hard keeping one alive and it ended up flying off the the road and got run over by a car. Poor thing couldn't fly high enough to make it back to the nest.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I realize though that for me, part of my depression is that I can't do the things I used to.

I hear you , Night ! Much the same for me. When your quality of life changes drastically, it’s difficult to find something to do that doesn’t bring on physical pain... but it’s possible. I miss standing in the kitchen for hours , chopping and prepping food. I try to do it sitting dowm but it’s not the same leverage 😕. I miss walks alot, but just can’t do them anymore. I try not to let it all get me down, but some days it’s difficult to not let it get to you.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

... I don't even mind the loud banging and drilling waking me up in the morning...

D.D.I.G.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Exactly! I can take a lot of pain, so if I am at a point where It is becoming unbearable, or I am just miserable because it hurts so much, I will mention in here that I am in a lot of pain. It is what they call an invisible disability where people can look at you and they have no idea you have a disability. I often hide my pain and don't complain. One of my friends I have to keep reminding her because I laugh and joke and I'm moving about like any normal person...sometimes. LOL

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Bahahaha! OMG, that cracked me up! Ah hahaha!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Damned site is being painfully slow for me right now. Others have had this problem too. Only this site.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I surrender. For the sake of the tranquility and peace of the Shed. I capitulate. I will not promise to refrain from addressing my point of view with others.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You should always be able to express your point of view Wister! I know people don't always agree with me, but I am who I am. We are all unique individuals. Actually I find that profound. In all the universe, there is only one you, one me, one of everyone.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Damned site is being painfully slow for me right now. Others have had this problem too. Only this site.

That's weird... mine is going unusually fast just now... when I went to my uploads page (for the "shocked" pics... the images loaded MUCH faster than I've ever seen before!

I must have nicked all of your bandwidth or something!??!!??!!??!!

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

...We are all unique individuals...

"I'm not!"
LOL

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

All my posts were slow except when I answered Wis. LOL

Stop stealing my bandwidth Brat! I'm like Pesky, you can't shut me up. I'll sit here and wait until my post actually posts. When I get aggravated, I take off for a while.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello Little Lady. If Gordi hadn't caught that I would have jumped on it. Too funny.
You have a way with words.

How are things in The Shedlands? And with you?
This is my official Friday. So ....

I saw Mamabeth was in in dire straits.
Hugs to all that want one, or two.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...We are all unique individuals...

"I'm not!"
LOL

Oh hell yes you are!

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>