It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 19

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Forgot? OMG! Go back! LOL

Porches are moving along. Hope it isn't too hot when they are done and I can finally sit out there. I will be there on pleasant bearable days and all of Autumn for sure! And yes Mike, I will finish your book!

It's a lovely warm day. Anyone want to go for a dragon ride?

edit on 11-5-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

What happens in the forest stays in the forest. Buried if necessary. Wooden mushrooms sounds kinda weird but who am I to judge?
If a body falls and only one person sees it fall, does it make a noise as it falls gently into a pre-dug grave....?

edit on 11/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Feeling morbid today? Been hanging out with Mason today? LOL

Got to run. Have a great day Light!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Actually no. I was trying to be funny, surreal and existentialist. Perhaps I failed.

Silly question, I never hang with masons, they wear women's clothing sometimes deliberately. OK, I accidentally wore my gf's underwear once but it was unintentional, early, still dark, and I didn't have my glasses on. Plus they felt right-ish and fitted. Or so I thought until I came home after work and went to the toilet.

"WTF??? This is not my underwear!" Thankfully we both laughed afterwards. (I think she wore said underwear again afterwards so apparently I didn't leave lumps in all the wrong places... Ahem!)

Enjoy your day. I hope you're wearing your own underwear!

edit on 11/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
There are times when I think I can get my husband to forget something if I try to put it off long enough, and those times remind me it never works < facepalm >

We took the kids to the mall the other day, my husband's goal was to make me go in the clothing stores and find new clothes.
This is not something I usually bother with, my replacement benchmarks are if something formerly nice ends up stained somehow, and if I wear them out (holes and such) Stuff like that I set aside & call yard work clothes/cleaning clothes. NBD if it gets ripped or stained further.
Offhand, I'd say I probably replace a few things once every...maybe 3-5 years or so. I try not to own more than I can actually wear in a week or two, so my wardrobe is very conservative in amount, and very basic in style. I'm a shorts & tank tops girl, I strongly prefer to prioritize comfort & practicality over style. Which is fine, I can find flattering tanks easily enough, especially at Old Navy. Their stuff for the most part is an excellent fitted design, and the necklines are always flattering. I might have a a number of tank tops to pick from, but they're not the "boxy" kind by any means. I'm not going to win any style awards, but I'm not People of Walmart level bad, either, lol.

So, we're strolling through the mall, and heading toward Old Navy. I'm just not feeling it, in-store clothes shopping is very overwhelming for me, and I just end up wandering around aimlessly not knowing what to do. Then we pass by the Build-A-Bear store, and I point out to my hubby that they have a Chewbacca bear on sale. Talk about getting his attention, he beelined it straight in the door to mull it over. Then the kids start looking around and find a two-fer sale on other bears. Hubs decides this is worth letting them get the BAB bears they've always wanted to make, they end up being close in price to some of the stuffed animals I get them for Christmas/birthdays. Operation Distract From Clothes Shopping, accomplished!

They make their bears, hubs makes his Chewy (and gets the voice box free, too, lol) Everybody browses the bear clothes & accessories and makes their bear how they want it, and we leave with 2 kids cracking their heads in half from smiling so hard & hubby toting his Chewbacca in the bag like it's the prized find of the century (he is a damn cute & cuddly bear) It's certainly more than we normally would drop on a surprise toy buy for them, but it's still relatively reasonable in the end for what we walked out with (by the way, if anyone has been mulling over a toy for a little Star Wars fan, I believe Chewbacca is still on sale for $20 w/ a free voice box through the end of the weekend)

We got lunch at the food court, and decided it was time to head home, but not before hubby leans over and whispers "Nice job trying to distract me, but you're still getting clothes, even if you order them online instead."

Dammit

I've spent the last couple of days browsing around Old Navy's site and have in fact found a few things I could use, namely shorts. When the inseam seams are fraying apart, your jean shorts might be a little old & worn out. I've found a few tanks that I could replace a few with growing holes with. And at his request, I did find a blouse for company functions/dinners out if need be it. He was pushing hard for me to check blouse-y stuff when I was looking, I wonder WTF his company's summer function for employees will be this year if he was that determined I get at least one dressier casual top o.O

Now I just wait for it all to arrive in the mail next week, and see if I got the sizing right or wrong. If I need to go up or down a size, it's as simple as an in-store exchange (which is far less overwhelming for me than going in to shop is)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You have a way with words and a story.

Not to mention you have your husband beatifully trained! Top marks! It's not often that I read stories of men willing to accompany their lady while shopping for clothes. Or shoes. I raise my hat to you! Or maybe it was just Chewbacca...

As a non US citizen I had to laugh at your People of Walmart comment wholeheartedly. I've seen those youtube clips.....brrrr! There's a lotta weirdos out there.
Thankfully there aren't too many weirdos Walmarts here.

(Disclosure. I hate buying clothes and walking round different stores till I find something that a; fits and b; I like. Plus new clothes in the stores here cost way too much. Primark is cheap but it is a free-for-all last-man-standing. I guess Primark is sometimes like Wallmart. I went there once, it was enough. Cheap though.)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

This is a late reply but hey, once upon a time we had letters that took weeks or months to reach their destination.

Thank you for the hugs and your lovely anecdote.

That guy sounds like a friend if he would let you use his knives, I only let people use mine under penalty of physical harm if they ruin them. Put them in the dish washer, drop them on the floor, cut plastic, ect.

Now he should have instructed you what to do if you cut your self.

Squeeze hard on the cut, apply liberal amounts of salt to stop bleeding, squeeze and hope you don't pass out from the pain. The salt disinfects the wound and makes the blood coagulate.
Put a band aide on wipe hand off, put glove on. Never run water on a cut, you are adding bacteria and moisture that inhibits the wound from closing.

I was such a putz with knives as an apprentice, I cut off all my finger tips and most of my nails on my left hand, but that is part of the learning process. We used to compete cutting onions with closed eyes.

An absolute bully of an appentice once cut himself in a rather miniscule manner, he shouted I am bleeding and fainted. 200 kilo dropped and we all applauded. He was intollerable.
How are things with your living quarters? Sorry I haven't had time to catch up.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Facetious is not my preferred approach.
Happy. Happiness is not a mood I expect to materialize out of thin air. Am I happy? At times in increments.
Perhaps my own expectations determine my happiness.
Am I confused, frustrated, scared, disillusioned. YES.
But these are my wars to fight with my self.

Do I need support and comfort, YES, that is why I reach out in here. Not for people to solve my problems but just comfort.
I have served in hospice care, they don't want you to tell them they will survive, they want your love, honesty and gentle touch.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Thank you Sir Fin, I am honored you even read it.
How is life in Fin-Land, (pun intended) ?

Hugs to you.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy
Stupid double post but I will make use of it.
Happy Friday Everyone

Hugs to all and I see there are new beings i have yet to become aquanted with.

edit on 11-5-2018 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Dear Mike, I am so happy to see you here, but I am to tired to give a proper response other than will you give Dada a hug from me and take one for your self.
Hugs and Love WIS.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The guy who lent me the knives told me a story. He was there in his professional kitchen with all his colleagues busily working away while trying to cut a piece of tough meat. With his own knives. (They all have their own knives and they cost a pretty penny...)

So he thinks to himself, dang, this is some really tough meat and exerts a little more force on his very sharp knife. Only at the last minute did he realise he was trying to cut a part of his own finger off. Blood everywhere, dump the meat! And afterwards he continued as if nothing had happened. (Obviously he treated his wound, band-aid, clean and (possibly salt but dang that salt on an open wound)

I sometimes regret choosing the wrong profession and education years ago. People will always need people that know what they are doing in a kitchen. It is a most honourable profession.

You don't always have to tip the waiter but if the food is good, it is appropriate and needed. The trickle-down effect.

ETA Extreme profanity warning!

edit on 11/5/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hospice care and people on here venting and reaching out for comfort or help ,seems two very different levels .

I do think some people here need help, support and advice , othersise it would just be a glorified pity party.
edit on 11-5-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I hugged myself yesterday. It was much needed. I didn't need a strait-jacket either, which saves on equipment.
In other news, my hair is coming along nicely...the hippy in me is almost back.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: Nyiah

You have a way with words and a story.

Not to mention you have your husband beatifully trained! Top marks! It's not often that I read stories of men willing to accompany their lady while shopping for clothes. Or shoes. I raise my hat to you! Or maybe it was just Chewbacca...

Lol, thanks

I don't have him trained, he's actually the shopping hound between us, and I'm the grumpy one following behind bitching & moaning about it. He's not a clothes and shoes shopper, he's an Everything Else shopper, haha.
But it's funny you mention shoes, we actually had a mild argument about that earlier this week. It's not that he thinks I need another pair, he just really hates my hiking sandals a lot & wishes I'd get something else & burn the sandals. I told him (yet again) I'm not getting new ones until these fall apart, I have winter boots & sandals for the rest of the year and that's plenty good enough. So far, these have lasted me over 5 years of constant use, getting immersed in water, getting scrubbed clean, etc and the tread is just now starting to wear down enough to make me consider replacing them in a few. They've still got at least a year in them!
I'm honestly not sure why he hates them so much, they're these, they're not that hideous.

(Disclosure. I hate buying clothes and walking round different stores till I find something that a; fits and b; I like. Plus new clothes in the stores here cost way too much. Primark is cheap but it is a free-for-all last-man-standing. I guess Primark is sometimes like Wallmart. I went there once, it was enough. Cheap though.)

I hear you there, I'm what one could call a tightwad. Between loathing shopping to begin with and the cost of the clothes out there, it's almost like an uphill battle to find something both affordable, and decent in quality anymore. Meijer over here is a northern equivalent to Walmart (except it's not a customer train wreck in Meijer) They often have some nice things on clearance racks, but none of it is anything I'd really wear, just not my cup of tea.

But overall, I'd say the pricing is akin to walking through the mall stores, it's probably higher than Walmart is. I'm only guessing, we haven't shopped at Walmart in over a decade, so I'm not sure what their clothes run in price anymore. Target is a good one to compare with, the pricing appears to be similar between the two.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I used to work for a saddler.
We used very sharp knives and awls. ( used to strop my half round knife to a shaving edge )

You are cutting or stitching 1/4 inch belly leather so sharp is less dangerous than blunt gear.

The bloke I worked with would slice himself ... then sew himself back together !!

I once punched an awl straight through my hand. That was fun.

😎😂
edit on 11-5-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I like surprises like taking this picture

mixing it with this one

to get this as the result

This is one of out of one hundred that
came out nice, in my opinion

Anyway, dropping in to say hello to anyone out there tonight.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

***Wow Blue, those are amazing! Just popping in to say goodnight. I'll get caught up tomorrow. Hugs to whoever needs or wants one.***

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Finspiracy How is life in Fin-Land, (pun intended) ?

Hugs to you.

Hugs

Right now things are quite good here. Half of the nation is having a severe ice hockey fever (i am one of them). Very warm outside, at least from a Finnish viewpoint. Mother's day tomorrow, i will go and have lunch at her place. Sister won't be coming, she is too busy renovating her house, she is going to sell it.

edit: And! This morning i was cleaning up my bedroom and found a pipe scrub. I thought i had ran out of them. I really like my tobacco better from a pipe than from a roll-your-own cigarette. It is more ritualistic that way. But a cigarette is better than an unscrubbed pipe full of tar and other nasty stuff.
edit on 12-5-2018 by Finspiracy because: pipe

edit on 12-5-2018 by Finspiracy because: Typo... had a nap and coffee is not doing it's thing yet.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

This is one of out of one hundred that
came out nice, in my opinion

Anyway, dropping in to say hello to anyone out there tonight.

that's really lovely, thank you for sharing it

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join