It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia sheriff's concealed-carry sign goes viral

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A short article that just made me appreciate there are still people in America like I have known and respected all my life.

I never lived in Georgia but it seems all the friends I have had from that part of the country were straight talking no B.S. kinda people.. If I ever decide to come back to the states, taxes and freedom for individuals will be the first two things I check out..

Texas has always been one of my favorite places to live.. but if I returned I have no idea where I would want to go.. Friends all over the country saying come here... To which I say, "I may visit so polish up your golf clubs"..hahah

“Our citizens have concealed weapons,” the welcome sign reads in part. “If you kill someone, we might kill you back.”
“Enjoy your stay!” the sign added. “We have ONE jail and 356 cemeteries.”

www.foxnews.com...

Anyway... I found the whole concept and sign funny... maybe someone else will too.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sound advice ANYWHERE concealed carry is permitted.

Then again, being polite is a lost art, as FEELINGS are the new logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

California would be a lot safer if we had a sheriff like that. ...or sane politicians (all of the lot, no exceptions on either side)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Texas has always been one of my favorite places to live..

Texas is where that dude with an AR thwarted a spree killer in that church, just saying.

Not that I want to go to Texas either. They also killed Kennedy , gave us Johnson and the Bushes...

...gags on oil.

edit on 7-4-2018 by intrptr because: added quote[

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
A short article that just made me appreciate there are still people in America like I have known and respected all my life.

I never lived in Georgia but it seems all the friends I have had from that part of the country were straight talking no B.S. kinda people.. If I ever decide to come back to the states, taxes and freedom for individuals will be the first two things I check out..

Texas has always been one of my favorite places to live.. but if I returned I have no idea where I would want to go.. Friends all over the country saying come here... To which I say, "I may visit so polish up your golf clubs"..hahah

“Our citizens have concealed weapons,” the welcome sign reads in part. “If you kill someone, we might kill you back.”
“Enjoy your stay!” the sign added. “We have ONE jail and 356 cemeteries.”

www.foxnews.com...

Anyway... I found the whole concept and sign funny... maybe someone else will too.

Born and raised here in GA. Love the sign and wish more would post one like it up.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oswald wasn't from texas. He was from Louisana.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

wish more would post one like it up.

Or maybe put some money into their education system. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That Sheriff earns 1000 flags and 1,000,000 stars. Best analog post ever!

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Get that man a beer.......

I bet his hand shake is of biblical proportion.

EDIT:: Just googled this fella and he does not mince his words, A sign from 2015 said,

"We say: Merry Christmas, God Bless ... If this offends you … LEAVE!"....

RA

edit on 7-4-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I cracked up the first time I saw it, its the message that should be sent to every wood be criminal across the country.

But I am sure someone will get butt hurt over this.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I went to private school, as do my kids, so I put plenty of money into their educations, but feel free to drive by comment on things you have no idea about....

Curious though....what exactly do you think needs teaching here that more money would make any different? Are you suggesting more money makes people not want to concealed carry or have 2nd amendment rights or something?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Of course you mean education on firearms and firearm safety. Including having a gun club and training on proper use, right?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What I think is crazy is cops HATE concealed carry..

Cops HATE when ANYONE they may enteract with is armed.. for obvious reasons..

So it absolutely adds to all the shady police shootings we see fairly constantly.. 1000 times a year on average.

No one is comming to get all the guns, period, but I think it is obvious those who feel the need to constantly be armed so they feel like a tough guy or to feed their wanna-be hero complex is absolutely a big part of the issue..

Micheal Moore’s gun documentary a long time ago didn’t come to the conclusion that guns were the problem.. it was that the media has us all thinking their is a rapey serial killer around every corner. So we shoot at shadows..

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

....but I think it is obvious those who feel the need to constantly be armed so they feel like a tough guy or to feed their wanna-be hero complex is absolutely a big part of the issue..

Way to generalize your accusations to apply to everyone that decides to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. Forget the fact that some folks do not live in a fantasy utopia, and actual dangerous places exist where you do need to fear for you life on a daily basis. Or, those that live in rural areas where LEO response times are measured by the hour, and wild animals cannot read signs or follow human laws.

Now,who is uneducated and making baseless statements, sir?

Please get educated. It helps before you open your mouth and prove you are uninformed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more

I would love to see how drastically their violent (and even non-violent) crime decreases after this.

Brilliant move, Sheriff.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Oswald wasn't from texas. He was from Louisana.

Oswald was from a lot of places, including Russia, living in Texas at the time. JFK was killed in Dallas, Texas. Not by Oswald either. Johnson, a Politician from Texas, took over the Whitehouse the next day.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What I think is crazy is cops HATE concealed carry..

Cops HATE when ANYONE they may enteract with is armed.. for obvious reasons..

So it absolutely adds to all the shady police shootings we see fairly constantly.. 1000 times a year on average.

No one is comming to get all the guns, period, but I think it is obvious those who feel the need to constantly be armed so they feel like a tough guy or to feed their wanna-be hero complex is absolutely a big part of the issue..

Micheal Moore’s gun documentary a long time ago didn’t come to the conclusion that guns were the problem.. it was that the media has us all thinking their is a rapey serial killer around every corner. So we shoot at shadows..

Actually every single officer I have interacted with is pro concealed carry. It has more to do with knowing the individual is a responsible gun owner.

What they don't like is someone jumping out of their car with their hands behind their back or grabbing for something or being shady in general.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think Bill Hicks said it best when he told us that a group of pigeons swooped down and airlifted Oswald to a spot where he could get a clear shot at JFK. There were reports of people hearing "Coup, coup".

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I heard him cooing, Patsy, Patsy, too.

Who else would plan to kill the most important man in the world, then walk home, and then walk to a movie theatre downtown?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Lol. Nobody would. It's a perfect example of public apathy. To top it all off, the so called assassin was then assassinated shortly after.

If it was a movie plot, the holes in the story would be gaping and the critics would trash it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join