It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia sheriff's concealed-carry sign goes viral

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They do not "hate" concealed carry. They dislike those who concealed carry and don't follow standard etiquette when dealing with police or other armed citizens. For instance, not touching your firearm when interacting with LE/another citizen. Not reaching in the area of your firearm. Keeping your hands visible. This is safety, not anti-2A stuff.

In fact, most LEOs are very much pro-2A/pro-armed citizens. You don't have law enforcement without very crucial relationships in the community you serve. Without help from citizens (armed or not) LE would be far less effective and unable to do the job. Look at how many times a citizen (sometimes unarmed) stopped to assist a police officer who was in trouble? In several instances, they officer would've near certainly been a LODD if not for a passerby deciding to stop and render aid to the officer.

Sadly LE response times will always be in the minutes (sometimes hours depending on where you live) and you simply can't rely on the State for your own security/protection. First of all it is not their job to protect you and I individually, and second there is simply no practical way for officers to be everywhere all the time. It is not beyond criminals to stage diversions or take advantage of other high-profile incidents to exploit this response time.

If you're unarmed, there is (and will be) nothing standing between a determined criminal and you while you're in your home. Most home doors are very weak (or have weak door jams) or glass that can be kicked in/broken into in less than a minute. Home security (including alarms) are only designed to increase YOUR response time to the emergency. You *must* have a firearm to respond to that intrusion, otherwise no alarm, door, lock or safe room is going to stop a determined intruder.

...and when seconds count, Police are just minutes away. And it is absolutely not their fault. In all parts of this country (big cities and rural alike), there will simply never be enough LEOs to provide fast enough response time to actually stop a violent threat. That is 100% on your shoulders my friend

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We need more armed citizens and much harsher penalties for all violent crime.

We need all criminals to know that even if they're lucky enough to survive their crime/attack, that they will be caught and they will face harsh mandatory time behind bars.

Note I am not suggesting drug offenders or non-violent offenders be subject to mandatory sentencing. As a matter of policy, I generally oppose any legislation that uses a one-size fits all approach to sentencing as opposed to careful discretion and consideration by a judge. However, violent offenders pose such a significant threat to our society that we should not risk a second chance.

If you want to victimize another Citizen, you should expect extreme force to be used to stop you. If that doesn't deter you, you should expect to serve 40-50+ years for a violent crime. No probation. No parole. No discretion.

As far as property crime (like burglary) goes? Different story. But keep in mind that B&E of an occupied structure is no longer burglary, it becomes home invasion/robbery. Burglars typically strike during working hours. If someone is entering your home at night or while you're on the premises, they're not a burglar. They are a home invader: a violent criminal who seeks to infringe upon your rights in order to victimize you and your family
edit on 4/7/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis
a reply to: 727Sky

Sound advice ANYWHERE concealed carry is permitted.

If I ever come over to the US, I will keep that as a golden rule. I don't fancy getting shot by a random fruit loop on my holidays.
I would feel far safer knowing that law abiding citizens around me are armed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

i like Sheriff Mike Jolley - he's a proper American - not one of these 'never had to think for itself, sulks until it gets its own way, throws tantrums when told no' type retarded yanks that are stealing everyone elses oxygen.

I hope his sign triggers the 'must-be-offended-at-all-costs' type tards - there is no rest for the wicked.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vasa Croe

wish more would post one like it up.

Or maybe put some money into their education system. What do you think?

Money doesnt fix education, you should probably look at the facts and figures on this. Most of the countries that continuously beat our buts on the world stage as far as ranking for education , per year of student, and in math, science, reading etc. Spend a fraction of what the US does on their education.

That alone should tell you throwing money at a problem doesnt fix it

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What I think is crazy is cops HATE concealed carry..

Cops HATE when ANYONE they may enteract with is armed.. for obvious reasons..

So it absolutely adds to all the shady police shootings we see fairly constantly.. 1000 times a year on average.

No one is comming to get all the guns, period, but I think it is obvious those who feel the need to constantly be armed so they feel like a tough guy or to feed their wanna-be hero complex is absolutely a big part of the issue..

Micheal Moore’s gun documentary a long time ago didn’t come to the conclusion that guns were the problem.. it was that the media has us all thinking their is a rapey serial killer around every corner. So we shoot at shadows..

Where do you get your facts? Do you just make them up as you go along or what?

I was a Deputy Jailer for many years before I decided to fully retire, and not a single one of the people I worked with was against concealed carry.

You can make stuff up if you want but, the facts dont bare out your BS

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Forget it, the liberal mindset of 'throw taxpayers money at it until something changes' is all they know. They have no self-responsibility and think that the government should control 100% of their lives because government knows what best for its taxpayers and has the best interests of the taxpayers in mind when going about conducting it's government authority.

Sad, I know - but their posting history is my proof.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

So it absolutely adds to all the shady police shootings we see fairly constantly.. 1000 times a year on average.

No one is comming to get all the guns, period, but I think it is obvious those who feel the need to constantly be armed so they feel like a tough guy or to feed their wanna-be hero complex is absolutely a big part of the issue..

Micheal Moore’s gun documentary a long time ago didn’t come to the conclusion that guns were the problem.. it was that the media has us all thinking their is a rapey serial killer around every corner. So we shoot at shadows..

Where do you get your facts? Do you just make them up as you go along or what?

Ah yes - I forgot - all their facts come from the magic unicorn fairy - an imaginary imp that resides in their cerebral cortex whom makes sh!t up and then encourages its host unthinker to parrot the diatribe.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Forget it, the liberal mindset of 'throw taxpayers money at it until something changes' is all they know. They have no self-responsibility and think that the government should control 100% of their lives because government knows what best for its taxpayers and has the best interests of the taxpayers in mind when going about conducting it's government authority.

Sad, I know - but their posting history is my proof.

And that hypocrisy to me is amazing as well. They want More gov controls and then scream that Trump wants a dictatorship and we should all be afraid.

No more guns, but let the police and gov agents be armed, the same ones the next day they will scream are trying to oppress you and all cops are murderers.

Their common sense seems to have evaporated .

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh thanks a lot.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Some folks here would lose their minds if they knew an ENTIRE County in Georgia had a LAW on record that encourages all citizens in that County to own a firearm .
A County that once had a higher crime rate.
Not so much since then...
Cobb County
Little known fact.
I guess certain factions want to keep that from getting in the news for obvious reasons.

edit on 4/7/18 by Gothmog because: bloviating removed.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Another day, another asinine post.

Tune in tomorrow, same time - same channel.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ah yes - I forgot - all their facts come from the magic unicorn fairy - an imaginary imp that resides in their cerebral cortex whom makes sh!t up and then encourages its host unthinker to parrot the diatribe.

Wait are you talking about Trump and conservatives and after they watch Fox News or read whatever right wing blog, article...they read?

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My nephew lives in Idaho which has one of the lowest crime rates of any state, and I think the lowest compared to population density.

Oh. and if youre 21 and can own a firearm legally, you can conceal carry or open carry if you choose, without a CCW.

A huge portion of the state are also evil hunters that use "assault weaposn" to hunt with.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vasa Croe

wish more would post one like it up.

Or maybe put some money into their education system. What do you think?

Money doesnt fix education, you should probably look at the facts and figures on this. Most of the countries that continuously beat our buts on the world stage as far as ranking for education , per year of student, and in math, science, reading etc. Spend a fraction of what the US does on their education.

That alone should tell you throwing money at a problem doesnt fix it

Tell that to all the striking teachers, who besides holding two jobs to make ends meet, often have to dig in their own pockets to buy school supplies for their classroom.

All the world will hear about is school shootings and making the classrooms 'safer'. Theres where the money goes.

US Teachers on Strike

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

To top it all off, the so called assassin was then assassinated shortly after.

On live TV. Let that 'movie plot' sink in...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Your generalizations are tiring as is your rhetoric. Do you honestly believe it is the Left vs the Right? Bc if so, you are naive and uninformed. The only thing that is certain is you have fed into what they use to divide our population to keep us fighting with each other. Straight out of Sun Tzu philosophy. I would like to congratulate you on not being smart enough to recognize the difference.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I was talking to my Mom who was an educator for 37 years. She estimates that she has used at least $72,000 of her own salary over her career to give her kids the tools they need to learn. She lives in Indiana and not Oklahoma, though.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

Lifeime Teacher Award to your mums.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
there were a lot of people even back then that thought the story didn't add up, I was 11 back in 1963, and my parents thought there was a lot more to it than the Warren commissions report said...too many questions, not enough GOOD answers.....for instance, the fact that the secret service that ran along the four corners of the president's car during the parade, were called off just before going into the Daley plaza section where he was shot...and...trying to convince people that the shot to the front right of his head really came from the back....Zapruder film frame 312, 313, 314 didn't make sense with what was in the commission's report.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join