It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat-earthers rejoice for your pain and insanity is over for 250k

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

multiple sunsets seen with a drone

I'll see your ships and raise you multiple sunsets from a drone that alters nothing but it's altitude.
edit on 26-4-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: eriktheawful

Have you yourself seen proof? Prove it and you'll convince me.

link   

link   

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Your answer is fine except the ships on the horizon. Distance will make it look like the ship is disappearing. A good set of optics prove otherwise.

actually the ship still sinks into the horizon no matter what kind of "optics" you have...

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

As will an ant walking to the far side of my coffee table. Still a flat coffee table

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   

A guy I talk to on YouTube managed to capture the sunset 4 times with his drone which has a gimbaled camera.

It was way cool.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Sounds like bullspit... but if it is true im sure theres an explanation

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

i have managed 3 sunsets .

equipment needed :

one deep vsalley [ alligned N > S ] 2 large peaks , one beach [ facing west ] , 1 motorbike

method

sit in tranquil spot in valley - with peak one to west of me - watch sun go down

race to beach - watch sunset # 2

blast up moutain track to watchh sunset # 3 from near summit [ bike could ot get to top - but + 600m was good enough in 4 min ]

simmples

now having said that - i too is curious how to get 4 -

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He's got a nice drone which tops out at a little under 500 meter altitude, so he basically does a similar thing to what you did by watching the sunset at one altitude and then just continuing to bounce upward watch sunset again and go up etc.

Somewhere out there, there's also apparently a video where a euro fighter typhoon chases the sunset for a pretty substantial distance. I'd like to see that one eventually but I haven't looked for it yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the easiest way to solve this conundrum was to launch yourself up to two thousand feet in a steam powered rocket....

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mogget

That's more an example of someone scamming the scammers to fund his awesomely insane hobby.

I give mad Mike credit for actually harnessing the flat earth movement to accomplish something useful. He got them to help him make his dream of launching himself in a rocket a reality.

They helped one man do something few others would dare to dream of, and that alone is pretty cool.

Building a DIY ultralight, powered parawing, or autogyro would get you to much higher altitudes and be more useful for research Into the shape of the earth, but they don't have anywhere near the cool factor of a steam powered rocket launched from the back of a modified Winnebago!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

True -- Maybe he is a flat-Earther, but he knew -- and admitted as much -- that his rocket was not designed to take him even as high as a commercial airliner (not even close), which still would not be high enough -- but cheaper and much easier to attain.

So that particular launch was never about proving whether the Earth is flat or spheroidal. As you said, he probably just wanted an excuse to ride a home-made rocket and have people give him money to do so.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yup, pretty much... But I had to write a bunch more so I could work "milking dirty flerfer lolcowz" in somewhere because quite frankly the mental image attached to the phrase makes me smile inside. And if I can't have at least a little fun, what's the point?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

open the door and toss em out. 2 birds, 1 stone.

Would you treat 911 truthers in likewise manner?

posted on Jun, 6 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Curious why this 'flat earth' bull snip keeps being brought up.

Who brought it up?

"Flat-earthers rejoice for your pain and insanity is over for 250k"

Baiting thread title, use page back key, deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join