It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat-earthers rejoice for your pain and insanity is over for 250k

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
So for £250k you can hitch a ride on virgin Galaxy's rejuvenated space tourism program.
The planned flights will take tourists to low earth orbit, or far enough to see an elliptical earth, since it's not going to go past orbit where the Earth would be a nice slightly oblong sphere. But you will be able to see at least a third of a sphere.

And at 250k that's less than any hypercar or supercar from Ferrari or McLaren or lambo

In a major milestone, Virgin Galactic successfully completed the first rocket-powered test flight of its new SpaceShipTwo on Thursday, marking the first such test for the space tourism firm since a fatal accident in 2014.

Thursday's successful test is a significant milestone for Virgin Galactic's testing program and puts the company one step closer toward its goal of ferrying tourists into suborbital space for a price tag of $250,000. Virgin Galactic hasn't officially disclosed a timeline for its first flights for paying customers.

la times article

But m sure some conspiracy theories will sound like Virgin Galaxy is a secret government body that sends the tourists under water or something or the glass 'ceiling' put around the earth by secret aliens broke... Or whatever

I'm just dying to see what those mentalists come up with for conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Surely they can donate money to a fund to send their leading "flat earther" up, but even when he comes back saying he was wrong, they would just say he was brainwashed.

There is no helping some people

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

I would like to see video footage of an expedition to the ' ice wall ' ... but Jon snow would need to be in charge ...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I'm just dying to see what those mentalists come up with for conspiracy.

The planned flights will take tourists to low earth orbit, or far enough to see an elliptical earth, since it's not going to go past orbit where the Earth would be a nice slightly oblong sphere.

Hey - you were the one that asked what the mental-cases would come up with, and yet you still leave the door open with statements like this?

Don't get me wrong, I've maritime navigated the # out of the planet these past 3 decades - I know its shape.

According to the internet, its a donut - flat, round and hollow.

IT IS AN OBLATE SPHEROID.

You can thank me later, in the meantime, and since I've saved you the space flight, send the cash to:

Sublimecraft
c/- Above Top Secret
Building underneath CIA headquarters
Langley, Virginia
USA 6660U812

On Topic - what a #in rip-off - send a balloon with a go-pro for way cheaper.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The Windows you look out of in the space craft are domed, concaved, convexed, whatever causing the earth to look round, havnt you read the science texts

For mine, if they want to believe in a flat earth, it doesn't case me any concern
edit on 6-4-2018 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
OK - I've got a good one:

"The only thing flat-earthers fear, is sphere itself"

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very good.

I reckon they might move on to Nuclear is Fake.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

They'll just deny it and claimed it's an elaborate hoax , done With the best hologram technology inside an aeroplane.
Can't fool em..

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
OK - I've got a good one:

"The only thing flat-earthers fear, is sphere itself"

Nice one. Hehe.

But, I did say they would be able to see a third of a sphere or parabolic shape. Just not a 'plateau' of a flat surface like the tin foils think.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The Windows you look out of in the space craft are domed, concaved, convexed, whatever causing the earth to look round,

please explain coherently - why these " distorting windows " do not affect the view at ground level ?

or for that matter - the view on approach // departuure [ climbing // descending below the cloud layer

i mmost frequently fly from // to manchester international airport [ UK ]
and several mates live below the flight paths leading to // from the airport - so i always have fun trying to spot thier houses - and the view is NEVER distorted - why is that ????????????

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Because it makes a huge difference between reality ... and all the shroom induced psycho babble that those into the flat earth theorum subscribe.

Don't dis it ... look at any number of the money making sects out there ... just waiting fot a charismatic psychopath to take the lead ...

To all my followers ...

😎🤣🦇

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The Windows you look out of in the space craft are domed, concaved, convexed, whatever causing the earth to look round, havnt you read the science texts

For mine, if they want to believe in a flat earth, it doesn't case me any concern

So the windows would be normal before take off, so the pilots can see normal and the passengers see out the window like normal and then once in the stratosphere the pilot pushes the button which activates the domed window... right

and before the pilots land, presumably they will have to reactivate the normal windows so they can see like normal to land so they don't crash.

As wild as that sounds, I will bet money some flat Earthers will resort to that.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I have mentioned this before.
Anyone living in vast flat areas of this Earth can physically see earths curvature.

Australias outback has granted me the opportunity to see this by day and witness such an awe inspiring sky by night.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Or...or...you can get a Southwest Ticket for $309...and see the curvature of the earth. Hiking up a Mountain...Free.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

They'll just deny it and claimed it's an elaborate hoax , done With the best hologram technology inside an aeroplane.
Can't fool em..

If a pilot can make a plane fly in a great big circle, why would you not think a rocket could do the same thing ??
Now ! To get the capsule to "orbit" in a circle, that might be an even better trick.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Obviously just video screens.

The only way they will believe is at the highest point, open the door and toss em out.

2 birds, 1 stone.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

If I wanted to watch a CGI movie I would spend $20 for a movie ticket.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
But you can get ferarris lamborghinis and mclarens for half that price. I’d rather just take the car.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it wont be a true space flight. It is most likely a very realistic simulation that tricks people into thinking they are flying around the world...

I'd imagine we'd hear something like this from those idiots.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Raggedyman

The Windows you look out of in the space craft are domed, concaved, convexed, whatever causing the earth to look round,

please explain coherently - why these " distorting windows " do not affect the view at ground level ?

or for that matter - the view on approach // departuure [ climbing // descending below the cloud layer

i mmost frequently fly from // to manchester international airport [ UK ]
and several mates live below the flight paths leading to // from the airport - so i always have fun trying to spot thier houses - and the view is NEVER distorted - why is that ????????????

I don't know ape, that was what I read on a flat earth discussion on ats, better go ask a flat earther, they might be able to elaborate

Or are you so dull and incapable of comprehension that you thought I believed the earth was flat

That would explain a lot of your posts
😄

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join