It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat-earthers rejoice for your pain and insanity is over for 250k

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Hell they are not scientologiests, there is no cult involved, no Muslim like violence, no crimes against women or children.
I just can't get concerned about it

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
How does water flow uphill on your ball eartn? Also speaking of Sydney Australia how does someone who lives in Sydney not realize they are upside down on a spinning ball?

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MingBisho
How does water flow uphill on your ball eartn? Also speaking of Sydney Australia how does someone who lives in Sydney not realize they are upside down on a spinning ball?

...but if you are serious, the reason people in Australia don't fall off the ball is because Earth's gravity always acts toward the center of the Earth. So "down" to an Australian is toward the center of the Earth, and "down" to a Norwegian is also toward the center of the Earth.

As for water flowing, it generally flows from points that are higher relative to the center of the Earth to points that are lower relative to the center of the Earth.

...Although, when looking up at the sky, Australians can perceive that they are "upside down" -- but only compared to people in the Northern hemisphere. For example, they view the constellations in the night sky and the Moon as being rotated a certain amount compared to the way it would be perceived in the Northern hemisphere, as in this image below:

Thie amount of apparent rotation (in degrees) would be generally equal to the number of degrees of latitude the viewer in the southern hemisphere is from the viewer in the Northern hemisphere. The same relative effect is true when people in the Southern hemisphere are looking at constellations -- say the constellation of Orion.

But it's a relative thing based on point of view. People in Australia could argue that THEY are the ones who see things "right-side up", and the people in the Northern hemisphere see things more upside down.

And by the way, this rotated viewpoint is evidence that the Earth is a sphere. Try using the flat-Earth model to explain it.

edit on 9/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

...but if you are serious, the reason people in Australia don't fall off the ball is because Earth's gravity always acts toward the center of the Earth. So "down" to an Australian is toward the center of the Earth, and "down" to a Norwegian is also toward the center of the

But it's a relative thing based on point of view. People in Australia could argue that THEY are the ones who see things "right-side up", and the people in the Northern hemisphere see things more upside down.

Clearly you have never been to Australia, they have these tram line tracks in the roads and power type lines on street lamp poles that everyone is attached to. Stops them falling off
They are made of kangaroo leather, use to be made of wire but lots of people would die when there was a lightning strike
People like you know nothing about us here down under, bloody yanks

Why do you think they call it down under over here

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I once asked someone at sea world if leather jackets made from dolphin skins would be waterproof... You'd think I punched a 3 year old or something by their reaction.

One question though about kangaroo leather. I've heard kangaroo meat has a nasty taste and aroma, so do the kangaroo leather straps stink?

Also, this explains wallabies... Junior's sized straps...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I really liked that 😁👍🤣

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

As a person with some dolphin skin leather pants, I ride a motorbike Kawasaki, yes dolphin skin pants are more mostly water proof, they leak where the hole is
And yes, wallabies for the kids, you have obviously visited our fine shores
On roo meat, nah, can taste good, can taste bad, depends on the recipe, makes good jerky

Are you goingthebone that punched a 3 year old dolphin?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

edit on 10-4-2018 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   

No but I did get kicked out of a zoo in Colorado for real once for punching a giraffe... (Not joking, true story)

I had paid the $2 to get crackers to feed them and this giraffe came up when I held out a cracker and purposely bit my hand so I dropped the cracker, then picked it up and ate it.

I was mad (and very young but fairly smart) so I held out another cracker and when he went to bite my hand again I popped him one in the side of the head...

The Giraffe looked surprised

I looked victorious

The zookeeper looked pissed

I got kicked out and the giraffes got the third cracker I bought from someone else I'd imagine.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie

I once asked someone at sea world if leather jackets made from dolphin skins would be waterproof... You'd think I punched a 3 year old or something by their reaction.

Stan Marsh: "Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"

Cartman: "Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise."

edit on 11/4/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Good sport on a light fly rod too, I would imagine.....

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Dolphins deserve to be eaten too...

They're seriously jacked up individuals who just have really good PR representation, they make Harvey Weinstein look tame...

Bloody rapefish

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I was just going to post exactly this because that would be the first excuse they would come up with

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I had no idea that "down" was such a controversial and contentious concept until I ran into this flat earth thing.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Have you yourself seen proof? Prove it snd you'll convince me.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

I have.

Where I live, Polaris is about 21º above horizon.
When I was in Eugene, Oregon, it was about 44º above the horizon.

I've also seen ships disappear over the horizon, from the hull up.

That can only happen if the world is round.

edit on 4/26/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

exactly what do you want " proof " off ??

and more important - what is " proof " ?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

datagenetics.com...

If you scroll down there's a part on the golden gate bridge which explains that the towers from centerline to centerline must be about 1 and thirteen sixteenths of an inch further apart at their tops than at their bottoms in order to compensate for the curvature of the earth while both being at 90 degrees relative to earth's surface and they actually are.

The reason this must be the case is because there is a .23 degree difference caused by their separation distance relative to Earth's curvature. Essentially down shifts by .23 degrees between the two points and 1 whole degree of shift occurs about every 69 miles or 110-111 kilometers.

I did the calculation in miles where it's 69 miles and a little change which I rounded down to 69 (69 works out to around 61 miles short of 24901 which Google gives as the diameter of Earth. 61/360= not much though so I left the remainder off) and then multiplied by 1.6 to get 110.4 for kilometers so the metric result isn't 100% dead on just so you have full disclosure.

The link I provided though has all the math much more dead on than the quick dirty math I did, and has the math for an entire variety of different things you can experiment with to see if your numbers match up to a round earth!

The bottom line with this round versus flat thing is you're already at the point where no amount of knowledge anyone else has will help you one way or another because of the fundamental lack of trust in basically everything that can be used to easily demonstrate the truth.

This is ok though, I get it... You feel like you're being lied to and you just want to know the truth.

Here's the deal though, I'm going to tell you something that the big names in the flat earth movement will never tell you because it will completely end your need to depend on them or anyone else for the truth!

1. The task you have set out for yourself is not simple, and it absolutely cannot be accomplished by any amount of watching YouTube videos alone! (You probably will need to watch some videos on YouTube to accomplish your goal of determining the truth for yourself but they will be videos on math and the scientific method and construction of proper controlled experiments and observations not flat earth videos)

2. Even if people lie about math, there are very well established ways to figure out that they or even a formula itself are not correct. They're called proofs, and if you really want to know THE TRUTH proofs are about to become your best friend!

3. You cannot prove JACK about the shape of the earth etc without math, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. Trigonometry was discovered and perfected quite a ways before Eratosthenes, Kepler, and Newton showed up because you need MATH to prove these things! That's just how it is.

4. Science and "globeheads" are not about making you not trust your own senses, we just acknowledge that our senses have very distinct and easy to prove limitations that makes depending on them and them alone a bad idea! Do you know anyone who works construction who goes to work without a bullet level, construction triangle, and tape measure? Of course you don't! And why is this? BECAUSE EYEBALLING IT DOESN'T WORK!!! Think about this one really hard... If the best carpenter you know needs these things to build a dog house, why would anyone with good intentions try and tell you that you should "just trust your senses" on something that is way more complex than building a dog house?

The Awesome thing about science and math is that you actually don't have to trust anyone!

Every single piece in the whole chain, every observation, every formula, and everything else can be tore down and examined in their raw state by you!

But

ONLY IF YOU'RE WILLING TO PUT THE EFFORT IN

If you truly do want to know for sure for yourself without having to trust anyone, that is totally within your reach.

But Eric Dubay, Mark Sargent, and Jeranism aren't going to get you there because quite frankly they don't want you to get there because then you won't NEED THEM!

Healthy skepticism is first and foremost about being willing to put in the work, and having an immediate distrust for anyone who tries to tell you that they've already done the work for you so you don't have to.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Just conjecture but a good point to think about.

I don't agree though. A spinning ball doesn't explain why it spins and focuses energy on it's spinning .

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your answer is fine except the ships on the horizon. Distance will make it look like the ship is disappearing. A good set of optics prove otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join